• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Seth

What you think?

Rate this topic

Im doing the classic GM chair thing here but what do you guys think of the deal?

To Yoes:

Williams - C/RW

Hudler - C/RW

2nd rounder 06

The reason for this? Its no secret (hockey's future or not...) they need scoring prospects and more centermen.

To Wings:

Zbynek Michalek - D

Oleg Saprykin - LW/RW

Dave Scatchard - C/RW or Matthew Spiller - D

Im doing the classic GM chair thing here but what do you guys think of the deal?

To Yoes:

Williams - C/RW

Hudler - C/RW

2nd rounder 06

The reason for this? Its no secret (hockey's future or not...) they need scoring prospects and more centermen.

To Wings:

Zbynek Michalek - D

Oleg Saprykin - LW/RW

Dave Scatchard - C/RW or Matthew Spiller - D

No way. Michalek, Ballard, and Doan are untouchable in Phoenix. At the very least, it would take a lot more than the standard issue Hudler+Williams+pick deal to get any one of them over here.

McGrath or Grigs maybe, but even I doubt they'd go for those. I really don't think Gretzky is the type of coach who is going to do a firesale and start all over in his first few seasons.

To Yoes:

Williams - C/RW

Hudler - C/RW

2nd rounder 06

Need more centermen?

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lang, Draper, Yzerman, Williams, Hudler, Grigs.

Even taking Yzerman out, thats 7 good centermen either here already or on the horizon.

To Yoes:

Williams - C/RW

Hudler - C/RW

2nd rounder 06

Need more centermen?

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lang, Draper, Yzerman, Williams, Hudler, Grigs.

Even taking Yzerman out, thats 7 good centermen either here already or on the horizon.

Referring to the Coyotes. thumbup.gif

How about Hudler for Samsonov?

Straight up.

Boston will lose him to free agency this summer anyway and will have a solid prospect center to show for it.

Detroit gets a gritty winger who could work some magic with Datsyuk and is still well stocked in the center department.

OR

Hudler for Kozlov...Vyacheslav, that is...

Straight up.

Boston will lose him to free agency this summer anyway and will have a solid prospect center to show for it.

Detroit gets a gritty winger who could work some magic with Datsyuk and is still well stocked in the center department.

OR

I like both of those ideas. I actually think picking up Samsonov will be easier right now then getting Kozlov though because of how good the Thrashers are doing and how poorly the Bruins are doing. Both teams might want to add in a pick with Hudler however.

What about Selänne from Anaheim for a pick?

Teemu was awesome at the Olympics and he really is in his old form after his knee surgery.

Teemu is earning only 1.0 million, so he could fit easily to our budget. Many players are out joining Wings because of their salary, but not Teemu.

This move would be the same like Robitaille at 2002.

Shanahan-Datsyuk-Selänne

This line would be roled like Finnish 1st line Lehtinen-Koivu-Selänne.

Grinder-Playmaker-Scorer, and it just worked great.

Holmström-Zetterberg-Samuelsson

Nice line what Sweden used at Olympics.

Yzerman-Lang-Williams

Solid line making very deep offence.

Maltby-Draper-Franzen

Grindline.

Cleary as 13th forward.

Lidström-Lilja

Woolley-Schneider

Kronwall-Chelios

Lebda as 7th defenseman. He could maybe replace Woolley.

Legace

(Osgood)

What about Selänne from Anaheim for a pick?

Teemu was awesome at the Olympics and he really is in his old form after his knee surgery.

Teemu is earning only 1.0 million, so he could fit easily to our budget. Many players are out joining Wings because of their salary, but not Teemu.

This move would be the same like Robitaille at 2002.

Shanahan-Datsyuk-Selänne

This line would be roled like Finnish 1st line Lehtinen-Koivu-Selänne.

Grinder-Playmaker-Scorer, and it just worked great.

Holmström-Zetterberg-Samuelsson

Nice line what Sweden used at Olympics.

Yzerman-Lang-Williams

Solid line making very deep offence.

Maltby-Draper-Franzen

Grindline.

Cleary as 13th forward.

Lidström-Lilja

Woolley-Schneider

Kronwall-Chelios

Lebda as 7th defenseman. He could maybe replace Woolley.

Legace

(Osgood)

Interesting, and I like it.

Let's trade a potential future star and our best center prospect for an old guy whose best season was more than ten years ago!!

That so far has been suggested involving two different players in this thread.

The other involves us trading a potential future star and our best center prospect to get a few weeks out of a fragile winger we could pick up off the UFA market this summer.

Somehow, I don't think either of those deals sound too great.

eva unit zero  Posted on February 27, 2006 - 12:30PM

Let's trade a potential future star and our best center prospect for an old guy whose best season was more than ten years ago!!

That so far has been suggested involving two different players in this thread.

The other involves us trading a potential future star and our best center prospect to get a few weeks out of a fragile winger we could pick up off the UFA market this summer.

Somehow, I don't think either of those deals sound too great.

OK. Firstly, let me say that my proposal did not involve a pick (those days had better be over, Kenny!) It was: Samsonov for Hudler.

Secondly, this "best center prospect" you speak of is 5'9" 178lbs. He is the style of player the Wings system is in abundance of. He is quickly being leap-frogged by the likes of Valteri Fillpula and Tomas Kopecky (who we get a preview of against San Jose). Not to mention he is tucked in with a long list of center prospects which includes (in addition to Flip and Kop):

Himelfarb

McGrath

Oulahen

Ellis

Lofberg

A lot of these guys are hitting the make it or break it stage of their careers. Do we keep them all?

Lastly, we have Dats, Franzen, Draper and Lang all under contract after this year.

Now can you explain this desperation to hold onto Hudler with all Kenny's might?

A gritty winger NOW is 10 times as important as a potential, small, Euro center who has spent his time in the AHL. Remember, Datsyuk and Zetterberg spent NO time in GR. There's a reason Jiri has spent virtually all his time there.

Plus, if the fear is we'll lose Sergei to free agency, I say a Cup can do a lot to sway a player to stay.

Straight up.

OR

I think that is honestly one of the sh*tiest trades this organizaation could ever make. I may not be a huge fan of Hudler but this kid is way better than Samsonov. His stock is easily worth way more than what your judging here.

Seth  Posted on February 27, 2006 - 04:45PM

I think that is honestly one of the sh*tiest trades this organizaation could ever make. I may not be a huge fan of Hudler but this kid is way better than Samsonov. His stock is easily worth way more than what your judging here.

WOW!

NOW THAT'S GRIT!!

I like Williams, and I believe that he should stay here. Getting rid of Hudler wouldn't bother me whatsoever.

I'm fine with all of the players that'd come to Detroit except for Dave Scatchard. To me, the guy's a bum. He's never done a whole lot in his career and has never impressed me.

Odd, could've sworn Hudler is playing in the AHL.

biggrin.gif Though Hudler and Samsonov have drawn many comparisons, Sergei has one major component that Jiri does not: speed. I would almost certainly take Samsonov on this team.