• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

Your Red Wings Nation West President

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:37 AM

Now that the 2006-20067 schedules have been released, here's something I was wondering about-
How about we invade another arena? Maybe we all travel and meet in a city for a Red Wings game in another city?

i.e. we all travel to Boston for a weekend and go to the Fleet center, or San Jose to the Shark tank or North Carolina to a Hurricanes game or to Phoenix to see a game against the wings?

I've always wanted to see games around the country (as a goal all thirty arenas).

What if every season we all met over a weekend in one city to see a game?

Obviously everyone would need to cover their own travel expenses, food and ticket costs.

This is a suggestion at this point and your feedback is requested.
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
Dance is nothing until it's on a beautiful body - Wade Robson
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
In life as in the dance: Grace glides on blistered feet. - Alice Abrams

#2 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:41 AM

I could talk to Kevin (Rinkside Ramblings) about it -- he's a veteran of these kinds of trips and uses Mickey Redmond Travel & Tours all of the time.

I'm sure if the response is good enough (if the people involved are centrally located, I'm not sure if you all must be in the Detroit Metro area) maybe we could work some kind of discount?

#3 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:15 AM

Edited by amberlynn25, 09 July 2007 - 07:30 PM.

I get up every day, and I live. Everybody says you should live to the fullest, but what is it? No one knows until you come so close that you're not worried about anything else but being alive."~ Jiri Fischer
my heart belongs to a canadian!

#4 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:19 PM

Well, I have lucked out for this scenario, if for whatever reasons people want to arrange a trip elsewhere outside of Detroit…

The college I went to is in Fort Worth, roughly 30 miles west of Dallas. Fortunately, one of the weekends I am planning to go back there for a football game this fall is the same weekend the Red Wings play a game against the Stars in the neighboring city.

It’s the final weekend of October. The Wings game is Fri, October 27 with the football game the day after on Sat, October 28. Weather is usually good down in Dallas-Fort Worth that time of year, might be chilly but in all likelihood the temperatures are in the 50s/60s.

American Airlines Arena is a pretty solid place, and there are plenty of great places to hang out in Dallas at, or in Fort Worth for that manner, both are great cities. Anything in downtown Dallas or north of it is usually really nice and safe, once you get a few miles south of the downtown Dallas area is where things get a bit sketchy. AA Arena is just north of the downtown area.

I haven’t confirmed any of my plans yet or where I would stay exactly in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, but unless something major happens with work or whatever else, I’m going to be in DFW that weekend. I’d probably drive up to DFW early, early morning that Friday; it’s roughly an 8 hour drive from where I’m from.

So, unless there are 100 people on this trip you probably wouldn’t have to worry about spending money on renting a car. I wouldn’t mind driving people around, my car could fit a decent amount of people.

If anybody wants to get serious about this, I’m game in playing host and organizing something and recommending cost-effective places to stay as I should be up there during the time anyways. I can be flexible somewhat and probably take an extra day off work to accommodate and drive others around that want to make a trip of this, if necessary, and come up a day early if anybody can only arrive on that Thursday or whatever.

Just keep this thread active or PM me if you’re up for this or have any other ideas. We could figure out the ticket situation and other things if this idea progresses any further.

#5 FUUFNF

FUUFNF

Let's Go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:42 PM

does las vegas have an nhl team? wink.gif

#6 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:47 PM

You wish! lol
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#7 REDWINGS4LYFE

REDWINGS4LYFE

2nd Line Scorer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:36 PM

lets do vancouver its a nice city and i live there lol close to cali vladdy its breeze driving up here, word class city stay away from the junkies though pm and i could help plan a trip

#8 EastLansingNative

EastLansingNative

Goon

• Gold Booster
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:33 PM

Any more talk of a road trip?

I can easily get to Vancouver, and depending on how far in the future, could even possibly provide a rallying point for anyone heading up I-5.

Sun Oct 28, 2007 Red Wings Canucks 7:00 PM PT
Sat Feb 23, 2008 Red Wings Canucks 7:00 PM PT

I would probably be more apt to go to the Feb one, as I need time to get my passport, save up, etc.

We should do this!
You do that, you go to the box, you know.
Two minutes, by yourself, you know and you feel shame, you know.
And then you get free.

#9 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:54 PM

I'm in. Needs to be a weekend game, Saturday preferably. The 'Nucks game works for me.

Just tell me when & where. I'll make it work.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#10 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:15 AM

I've got my passport. I'm ready smile.gif However, February sounds better especially since the Wings are in Cali October 13 and 14th and I'll be attending those games.

#11 REDWINGS4LYFE

REDWINGS4LYFE

2nd Line Scorer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:40 AM

seriously if you guys wanna head down to van i can help you guys out we have quite a few wings fan here in van. i can show you guys the city and stuff! even though it is a overpriced city it is a really nice place to visit

#12 jaytan

jaytan

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:46 PM

I'd be down for a Vancouver invasion. It's pretty much the only team anywhere near me.

QUOTE(EastLansingNative @ July 24, 2007 - 09:33PM) View Post

Sat Feb 23, 2008 Red Wings Canucks 7:00 PM PT

That's my choice. A Saturday night game is a plus. Vancouver's the coolest city in the league. I'd need some time to arrange my plans and save some cash. Plus, it's like a week after my birthday, and that's a bonus. thumbup.gif
Hail Jaytan!

#13 Pucker

Pucker

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

Good suggestion.. With group rates EVERYONE gets a deal too.

Cool to se ea sea of red in another place.

Unfortunately, Redmon Tours already got your idea working.

http://www.mickeyredmondtours.com/
Get your Lions tours here...

#14 REDWINGS4LYFE

REDWINGS4LYFE

2nd Line Scorer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:32 PM

SATURDAY FEB 23 IS MY BIRTHDAY BABY biggrin.gif

#15 puckhog419

puckhog419

M.I.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:10 PM

i live in san jose about 15 minutes walking distance from the shark tank if anyone wants to come hang out and go to a game. my doors are always open to fellow wings fans

Edited by puckhog419, 07 August 2007 - 11:16 PM.

But you just don't put the third letter of the alphabet over your heart and replace Steve Yzerman!

#16 REDWINGS4LYFE

REDWINGS4LYFE

2nd Line Scorer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:08 PM

can i come? biggrin.gif

#17 rossco

rossco

Top Prospect

• Bronze Booster
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:34 PM

Interesting, I'm looking at making the West Coast trip to Canada in February ,

Flames Feb 22
Canucks Feb 23
Oilers Feb 26

Not quite as elaborate as my last trip but a step nearer the 30 .... 19 (not too shabby a number, maybe I'll stick at that...lol)
June 4th 2008 The Igloo - A date with Stanley - now how do I top that road trip ?

#18 REDWINGS4LYFE

REDWINGS4LYFE

2nd Line Scorer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:03 AM

a invasion of red at GM place would be wicked

if you guys want to do this i think we have enough people we got to act fast because vancouver canucks tickets are rare and hard to get we need to act asap if we want to sit in a section

#19 rossco

rossco

Top Prospect

• Bronze Booster
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(REDWINGS4LYFE @ August 23, 2007 - 05:03AM) View Post

a invasion of red at GM place would be wicked

if you guys want to do this i think we have enough people we got to act fast because vancouver canucks tickets are rare and hard to get we need to act asap if we want to sit in a section

Any sure fire ways of getting tickets, I'm using the sit on Ticketmaster approach which so far hasn't failed me but obviously that's not going to get us collocated.

Also going to take in the Giants game the following night.
June 4th 2008 The Igloo - A date with Stanley - now how do I top that road trip ?

#20 REDWINGS4LYFE

REDWINGS4LYFE

2nd Line Scorer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:48 PM

i can get us all in a section side by side if we act fast! im very connected with a person that works there, otherwise we won't be near each other! no sea of red! if we can get 10 LGWers to come i can bring a few red wings vancouver fans we will be visable on tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users