• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsChick_29

More on Carter Rumor

Rate this topic

Lets let the Leafs overpay for this idiot. He is not worthy of $2million plus. He is a waste. He better become sure that he wants to play in his hometown of Toronto. I sure as hell do not want this man in the red and white and I know I am not the only one who does not want him here.

With the rest of the possible acquisitions in mind... I would highly consider signing Carter, playing him on the right line will provide 20-30 goals at least, and Babcock could light a fire under his ass. I'm not saying I necessarily want Carter here, but I wouldn't complain either unless he completely blows. Signing him for 2.5 max is not a bad deal.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

That depends on the $$, but in most cases, yes.

I really woundt be horrified if carter was signed, but if he wants more than 2.5 mill, let him walk./

Agreed, but it might make more sense for buffalo to accept his ruling, and trade him for some sort of return. If they package him with Biron, we are out of luck.

Take carter, let babcock whip his ass into shape, and lets get the 30 or so goals we need.

Everybody is saying "let Babcock whip him into shape" This guy has proven that he can score 30 goals a season, not too shabby by my book. Bottom line is we need goals(30+ possibly), someone that is strong on their skates(which he is) & he has Detroit connections (MSU) sounds like a pretty good fit to me. I'm not saying overpay for him....but we lost Shanny, which I'm not too bumbed about, but he did put in 40 goals & we need to try to somewhat fill that void. Carter could definately help that.

we dont need him rookies should fill the wholes

Yes we could just easily fill the holes with our rooks, but the problem with that is, is that there is no guarantee they'll score or fit into any type of system we'll be playing, which is why it is important we sign a top 6 guy. Whether it is Carter, Nolan, Dumont, or someone else, I don't care, as long as they have proven they can score 20+ goals.

Just found some more information on Anson Carter's decision...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/5846126

"Rumors persist the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs continue to court unrestricted free-agent forward Anson Carter." ... Just one question... WHY?! :huh:

As much as you don't like him being soft we could sure use the 20-30 goals he scores.

Guest ZetterBurger40

For 2.5 mill, I'd take Carter by a longshot over Dumont.

Edited by ZetterBurger40

I'd rather have Dumont at $3 M than Carter at $2 M. Compared to Carter, Dumont is a legitimate powerforward. Carter can't stick with any team. He managed to get himself traded 3 times in 2003-04 and despite putting up career numbers in goals (33) last season, Vancouver wants no part of him. I'll take Sykora over Carter as well.

I'd rather have Dumont at $3 M than Carter at $2 M. Compared to Carter, Dumont is a legitimate powerforward. Carter can't stick with any team. He managed to get himself traded 3 times in 2003-04 and despite putting up career numbers in goals (33) last season, Vancouver wants no part of him. I'll take Sykora over Carter as well.

I couldn't agree with you more on Dumont over Carter. I also think that Vancouver would like Carter, but Carter has just asked for too much. And also it would appear that Carter is willing to take less money to go to his two former homes in Michigan or Ontario.

Dumont is no power forward.That being said though I agree that he is a much better choice than Carter even for more money.I also would rather have Sykora than Carter.

I couldn't agree with you more on Dumont over Carter. I also think that Vancouver would like Carter, but Carter has just asked for too much. And also it would appear that Carter is willing to take less money to go to his two former homes in Michigan or Ontario.

It seems negotiations between Carter and Vancouver broke off before they even started. Kinda weird considering Carter and the Sedin's seemed to have some chemistry playing together. This leads me to believe Vancouver isn't really too interested, or else both parties should be able to work something out. Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions.

Dumont is no power forward.That being said though I agree that he is a much better choice than Carter even for more money.I also would rather have Sykora than Carter.

I never said he was, I said COMPARED to Carter he is. Carter is the ultimate floater.

i say if the money is right, lets sign him.. he could provide with 20-30 goals on the wing.. i would say no more than 2.5 million for 1 year deal... i don't know why everyone is hating on Carter, he really isn't the bad of a player.. if he can score us some goals, it wouldn't be a bad thing at al.. we need some help with goal scoring and it showed in the playoffs :P

Everybody is saying "let Babcock whip him into shape" This guy has proven that he can score 30 goals a season, not too shabby by my book. Bottom line is we need goals(30+ possibly), someone that is strong on their skates(which he is) & he has Detroit connections (MSU) sounds like a pretty good fit to me. I'm not saying overpay for him....but we lost Shanny, which I'm not too bumbed about, but he did put in 40 goals & we need to try to somewhat fill that void. Carter could definately help that.

When did Babcock become Richard Simmons? Babcock can't whip every player into shape, nor can he motivate them, you either have it or you don't. Fact is, the guy always seems to find his game when it's a contract year, when it isn't, he's as motivated as Paris Hilton reading the Want Ads in the local paper. A big pass on Carter

Edited by Barnes52