• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

NHL 2k7 or NHL 07

Rate this topic

NHL 2k7 or NHL 07  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the current time of next-gen gaming, hockey was a little different in the video game world this year. 360 owners got to experience a brand new take on hockey with NHL 07, using the left thumbstick to deke and shoot, giving you full stick control unlike any hockey game created to date. It virtually ends the era of "only score when you launch a one-timer". NHL 2k7 cracked back with the traditional style using the face buttons to pass and shoot, while introducing some amazing animations and extremely smooth gameplay. The cinematic camera is brilliant, it lets you see wherever you need to see on the ice improving offensive visualization. I've purchased both on 360 and put many hours into them.. what's your pick?

My pick.. NHL 2k7. The full stick control in 07 is great, but the rest of the game seemed to drag from it. It's never felt so boring to score a goal either. 2k7 is definitely not the graphical powerhouse of the two, but it does play better.

The reason i pick nhl 07 is because its the only game made for pc. I did try nhl 2k6 when i had my xbox 360 and found that they had made some huge improvements over ea sports. If they were both out there for pc i would have to vote with 2k sports on this one. My advice GET INTO THE PC MARKET.

Bought NHL 07, brought it home, played it and emailed EA for their return policy. The whole left stick/right stick is too much. Tried it on the traditional mode and hated the "flow" of the game as well.

Returned NHL 07 and picked up 2k7. Played it once so far and in my opinion, the gamelay is much better. The 'automatic' 1-timer is gone. The passing is more realistic. A nice job by the 2K folks.

These are both on the 360.

Edited by FireCaptain

I like 2k7 better due to the non-auto one timer and the more fluid gameplay...

Plus I can't stand the fact that EA can't get the real goal horns from the real places....

If you want reality, 2k7

Fun 07. But really not very realistic with all the impossible moves you can do.

Overall, 2k7.

Ign and other sites pretty much say the same thing, the gameplay's better, all in all. I haven't picked 2k up yet though. Anyone know off-hand what the differences between the current-gen and next-gen versions are?

If any graphic-lovers out there want an aesthetically superior game, then look no further: this is the showstopper

There'll never be another like it visually. And has any game since ever captured the likeness of Dallas Drake, Shawn Burr, Ray Sheppard, or Dino's pixelated faces as accurately? It's hands down. NHL 94, son.

I only have NHL 07, but I play it pretty much every day, so that says something.

I played NHL 2K7 once, and it felt too foreign after playing 07 for so long, so I won't give my opinion there.