• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown Red Wings

CCHA Hockey

Rate this topic

At least with UM splitting against Northern, the Spartans are in sole possesion of third. Plus MSU has moved up to a tie for 7th in the Pairwise Rankings.

Plus, the rest of the schedule is pretty easy on out. Lake State, UNO, Michigan, Ferris, WMU, and BG. And the UM game is at Munn.

You're right, my mistake. I was quickly scanning the schedule and saw it wasn't listed as an away game.

But, JLA is basically Munn East :)

How's this for fun...the Spartans sweep Alaska this weekend, while the Wolverines split with Northern. MSU goes down one spot in the USCHO poll, while UM stays the same. Polls are worthless.

i'm still excited for the road win over michigan. northern faces bowling green this weekend, as long as they don't underestimate the falcons (see ferris state), things should go well. northern's been....subpar...to put it nicely, this season, but they've looked much better since the notre dame series. hopefully they pick it up for the end of the season. i'm praying for home ice in the first round. pure curiosity, does anyone here also post on uscho?

Jakaitis had last night off for rest, so I assume he'll be playing tonight.

I took at look at his stats over the years. He's not a nice save percentage. I can only imagine what his win/loss would look like if he didn't play for Lake State. Who's got the rights to him in the NHL anyway?

I don't know who has Jakaitis' rights. I tried to find it, but couldn't. If Billy Sauer was drafted Jakaitis has to be drafted by someone. I know Jim Roque through going to his hockey camps for years, and through my family. If no one on here can find it I can give him a call and see whats going on.

Both UM and MSU get sweeps this weekend.

According to a couple posters on the USCHO message board, Jakaitis didn't get drafted. He'll make a nice free agent pickup for someone though.

The only reason I think he wouldn't get drafted is because of his size. He's 5'11 I believe, but there are NHL goalies that tall so it kind of is pretty confusing to me.

Ferris actually won tonight against NEB. Omaha so thats exciting to me :D

Both UM and MSU get sweeps this weekend.

According to a couple posters on the USCHO message board, Jakaitis didn't get drafted. He'll make a nice free agent pickup for someone though.

northern picked up a sweep, too. i'm happy, even if it was only against bowling green.

jakaitis didn't get drafted because when he was younger, he was not as solid as he is now (and personally, i'm still not quite sold on him). lssu is doing better not just to his new-ish found success, but also due to the play of upperclassmen like campbell and rainville, and especially due to the coaching change they made last year. we northern fans will always miss "crazy frank" anzalone, though, and his 2nd period goalie pulling. i've had a lot of opportunity to watch lssu over the years (northern plays them 4 times a year, and i usually make the road trip over to the soo), and while jakaitis has improved greatly since he was a freshman, there are still times when he's grossly out of position, or has trouble with his rebounds. also, next time you get a chance to watch him, take a look at the size of his jersey, he probably has the best impression of a flying squirrell in the ccha.

Spartans took 3 of 4 points from UNO. They're still in fourth, but they put some distance between them and the rest of the pack.

I think those points pretty much guarantee a first round bye in the CCHA playoffs. ND is out of reach and it's going to take some help to overtake scUM but third is MSUs for the taking. Miami has a two point lead but they've only got 4 CCHA games left. MSU has 7.

I think those points pretty much guarantee a first round bye in the CCHA playoffs. ND is out of reach and it's going to take some help to overtake scUM but third is MSUs for the taking. Miami has a two point lead but they've only got 4 CCHA games left. MSU has 7.

I think second is doable, but like you said, we'll need some help. We have one more game than the Weasels, and a much more favorable schedule. UM's last 5 games are MSU at the Joe, where MSU is always good, at Lake State, and at Ohio State. State ends with home and homes against WMU and BG. The game that actually worries me the most is this Friday against Ferris. Even though it's home, I just hope MSU isn't looking ahead to UM the next day.

I think second is doable, but like you said, we'll need some help. We have one more game than the Weasels, and a much more favorable schedule. UM's last 5 games are MSU at the Joe, where MSU is always good, at Lake State, and at Ohio State. State ends with home and homes against WMU and BG. The game that actually worries me the most is this Friday against Ferris. Even though it's home, I just hope MSU isn't looking ahead to UM the next day.

I wouldn't worry about FSU. O'Keefe has been in a slump in goal (he's the only reason why FSU tied MSU earlier this year) Now they are trying to motivate him by putting MacIntyre in net. If Mac is net against MSU (50/50 chance) you will be fine.

Miami has played 3 more games than MSU, so we can easily get past them.

And I think we have a good chance beating UM @ the Joe. The whole slapshots section is going. Were gonna be in the lower level, easier to harass the UM goalie, lol