• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest wingsfan28__

DARREN HELM

Rate this topic

Guest wingsfan28__

just wanted to let everyone in on the news , another wings prospect made it to the world juniors , so the touranament should be fun to watch , so far we got .in the touranment ........

helm

kindl

abdelkader

mursak

anybody else im missing ???

anyone know if ritola is officially in?

Guest wingsfan28__

He hasn't made the team yet, there are still 6 cuts to be made but it definetly appears promising for Helm

ya i know i realized it like an hour later while watching the sports news and meant to come back but i forgot , sorry guys

lets hope he makes it

lmao

good 1

Guest wingsfan28__

ya i know i realized it like an hour later while watching the sports news and meant to come back but i forgot , sorry guys

lets hope he makes it

good 1

awesome , good stuff .....looks like we might have 5 prospects to check out

kindl mursak and ritola are the ones i really wanna watch

Does anyone know where we can pick-up the games? If not on TV, then at least on the net. To get a good description of the action.

well in canada it'll be on tsn everyday ..........in the states no idea , sorry .............on the internet you can check out the iihf tournament page

http://www.iihf.com/hockey/tournam/tournaments.htm#

awesome , good stuff .....looks like we might have 5 prospects to check out

kindl mursak and ritola are the ones i really wanna watch

well in canada it'll be on tsn everyday ..........in the states no idea , sorry .............on the internet you can check out the iihf tournament page

http://www.iihf.com/hockey/tournam/tournaments.htm#

Thank you for the update. Hopefully the Wings prospects will play well and they will have an influx of talent in a few years.

Guest wingsfan28__

Apparently Ritola was cut from the Swedish team.

you sure ?????

i read a few days ago he made the team

WORLD JUNIOR UPDATE: Forwards Justin Abdelkader (United States) and Mattias Ritola (Sweden) will compete at the world junior championship in Sweden in late December. Abdelkader “brings a lot to the table,†said U.S. head coach Ron Rolston in a release. “Justin is an excellent two-way centre (who) plays physically and competes hard every night. He brings strong character to the group, and that’s what we are trying to build.†... Forward Darren Helm (Canada) and defenseman Jakub Kindl (Czech Republic) are at training camps as part of the tryout process for the world junior ... Winger Jan Mursak (Saginaw, OHL) begins play for Slovenia on Monday at the second-tier world junior championship in Odense, Denmark.

that was posted on redwings central , sounds to me that ritola made it

Guest wingsfan28__

that really sucks

i was looking forward to seeing him play , dont no why hes not playing but i still think we'll sign him to a contract , its not the swedish elite league but hes been having a good enough year to warrant a deal and hes only 19, too young and too talented to give up on so quickly

gp g a pts pim

2006-2007 Leksand Allsvenskan 16 1 3 4 4

Leksand J20 SuperElit 10 4 6 10 12

Arboga Allsvenskan 3 1 0 1 2

Downey tried to spear someone after the game.

That's very typical of Downie.

Anyways, TSN has Helm penciled in on the fourth line, so I guess we probably shouldn't expect to see him play five-on-five all that much.

I watched a little bit of Canada's 2-0 win over Sweden today, and Helm was in the lineup.

Pierre McGuire described him as one of the fastest skaters in the World Juniors, and he certainly looked the part. Darren had a couple even strength shifts, but as RB! noted earlier in the thread, he's used primarily as a penalty-killer, where he did an excellent job fore-checking.

Darren helm picked up 2 goals today in Canada's win over the U.S.

1st Goal: with 2 minutes left in the game the puck was shot out of the Canadian end and Helm showed amazing speed to beat the U.S. defender and crash into the net with the puck going in aswell.

2nd Goal: in the last minute of the game Helm received a pass just outside of the Canadian blueline and skated over the red line before firing a shot through a U.S. defender into the open net

He also picked up a 2 minute boarding penalty for drilling a U.S. defender into the boards.

I'm really impressed so far... great speed, great forechecker, finishes his hits, decent hands, goes hard to the net, good defensive awareness, has had a scrap in each of his last 3 years in the WHL.

All you Canadians better be watching the games and keeping tabs on him.. Living in US without Center Ice = no WJC.

Au contraire, mon ami.

RDS have been streaming the games worldwide. That's how I watch em :D

I'm really impressed so far... great speed, great forechecker, finishes his hits, decent hands, goes hard to the net, good defensive awareness, has had a scrap in each of his last 3 years in the WHL.

I was also extremely pleased with what I saw today. Canada was rolling four lines all game, so Helm saw more even-strength action than he did yesterday. Not only does he have blazing speed and tenacious forechecking skills, but on a couple occasions against the Americans and the Swedes, Helm showed an ability to strip the puck from opposing defenders.

Realistically, I don't see him as a big offensive contributor in the NHL, but he certainly has the makings of a solid checking-line player. The TSN commentators were comparing him to Kirk Maltby, which is a pretty accurate comparison IMO, as Helm has the same kind of tenacity Maltby had several years ago.