• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chelios4eva

2/14 GDT: @ Dallas Stars, 8:30pm

Rate this topic

Honestly? I forgot there was any Detroit Red Wings at all. Hank absolutely stole the show. What a completely dominating (dare I say Fedorov-esque--complete with wraparound attempt) performance by our main man. Absolutely dynamite. Give this man some awards.

You know I've always thought of Hank as the next Sergei Fedorov. Damn is he outstanding!

Love the goal horn going off after Pasha's goal...a closet Wings fan perhaps???? :lol:

Way to go guys! I love seeing that smile on #13's face! Happy Valentine's Day, sweetie! And thanks for the gift! :D

Guest Crymson

I am seriously in love with Hank right now!! That pass was freakin amazing!!!

WOW! What a game! What a game by Osgood! What a game by Zatta... what a game by the defense, and the offense! Wow!

Had it not been for Smith, that game would have been 4-1, 5-1.

750 posts. :D

And Zetterberg has 8 GWG. And he's like +25. What a player.

Selke--no doubt.

Oh, edit of the above post: down with Lang! Boooo!

not exactly. Stars ar valid opponent and the game will be pressumably both tight and low scoring. they already gave us tough battle with Turco in the net, and Smith increases their chances.

hence my conclusion that the game will be decided by a single flukey goal. Oz is definitely prone to such crap and if the Wings not push a lot and stay tight in D the game will be lost by goalie's mistake

nothing against Oz, but he's not the go-to goalie for tight battles

Haven't read through the GDT yet, so someone else may have addressed this, but I had to comment:

Osgood is perfectly fine in "tight" battles. Matter of fact, that's when he's at his best.

It's in games where his 'mates go up early, or by a large margin, where he has problems. He tends to lose focus when he feels "safe" with an early, or large, or BOTH, lead.

Ozzie's got game.

WOW! What a game! What a game by Osgood! What a game by Zatta... what a game by the defense, and the offense! Wow!

Had it not been for Smith, that game would have been 4-1, 5-1.

Selke--no doubt.

Oh, edit of the above post: down with Lang! Boooo!

Crymson, I would just like to say that your sig totally gets an LGW outstanding signature award. It rocks.

Love the goal horn going off after Pasha's goal...a closet Wings fan perhaps???? :lol:

I think it was just because the play was that awesome. In a spasm of disbelief like that, I know I'd hit the wrong button too.

I did'nt get to see this game unfortunatly,but I did get regular updates while watching the Vancouver/Minnesota game.Zetterberg sure kicked ass in the third,and good to see Ozzie come out and get the win.The one thing I don't get though,is why was he on the injured list with a broken finger for so long,yet he came out and played tonight while it's still broken.Why did'nt he just play with it all along?I always thought the broken finger excuse was pretty cheesy.Ahh well,as long as he's back for good and continues to play well,i'm happy.

Guest Crymson

Im really nervous....its like if Hank-Pasha-Homer dont score, we're done.

Blame Lang and Williams. Cleary can still play, but they can't. When we add a 2nd-line winger and a 4th-line grinder, we'll be all good!

Don't forget that the first line of MOST teams scores the LIONS SHARE of goals. At the start of the season, it was our second line.

So let me get this right, Monday we get run out of Philly in the 3rd and therefore lose to the worse team in the league. 2 days later we play the 2nd best Defence in the league for GAA, run them ragged in the 3rd, only letting up 3 shots on Ozzy while scoring 3 ourselves and nearly outshooting them 2 to 1 in their barn. :wacko:

Ain't are game the best game in the world you just can't predict anything. ( Except Philly ain't winning the cup this year :lol::lol: )

Guest Crymson

Wow. Hank proves that he doesn't NEED any help getting goals :D

Don't forget that Datsyuk, and the rapport between the "sorcery twins" was essential on both of those goals.

Haven't read through the GDT yet, so someone else may have addressed this, but I had to comment:

Osgood is perfectly fine in "tight" battles. Matter of fact, that's when he's at his best.

It's in games where his 'mates go up early, or by a large margin, where he has problems. He tends to lose focus when he feels "safe" with an early, or large, or BOTH, lead.

Ozzie's got game.

Of course I addressed this as well! We basically stated the same thing.

Ozzie's got game indeed!

First the bad, and there wasn't much bad from this game...

As great as it is to see Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom generate scoring chances a good bit when they are out there, the Wings need scoring from other sources. As solid as D-Z-H is, they aren't always going to get 2-3 goals a night.

Now the good...

There wasn't a lot of scoring, but this was as good of an all-around effort as I've seen the Wings in all three phases of offense, defense, and goaltending.

The offense didn't panic or stray away from their game, chipping away at Smith and finally getting one by him. Some harmless shots which we expect sometimes unfortunately, but Smith made some really, really good saves as well. He had a helluva game. Anyways, the offense looked far from sluggish and while it wasn't overbearing, they got more than enough chances.

The defense was great. Very few turnovers, very few brainfarts, which in turn leads to very few penalties. The Stars got some decent chances, but I very rarely saw any 2nd chances off rebounds/wide shots, etc.

And Osgood was superb, as calm and collected as I saw him. He didn't have to make many big stops but he did his job when needed. Hopefully it won't come to a point where Hasek when he comes back, or Osgood in fill-in duty, will have to steal games by themselves alone, but I am more than comfortable with them both in net doing their parts to give up very few bad goals. I don't want them to feel like they have to steal games or be over-aggressive (i.e. chasing pucks 40 feet out of the net).

The team seemed focused, matched the Stars intensity, and showed a lot of character coming from behind even though they were frustrated by Smith making some great saves. Wins like this excite me, and hopefully we can see more W's like this in the playoffs.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

What a game by Zetterberg tonight; he absolutely carried us.

He's entered into a zone right now that I've only seen two Wings reach. Yzerman (basically the entire 88-89 season) and Federov's 25 game stretch during the 93-94 season.

Guest Crymson

no more doubting our team o.k.?

:siren::thumbup: YEA!!! :thumbup::siren:

WINGS EXPOSED:

Wings were outhit, out-trapped and had to face a red hot goalie. And won!

It could be that this is a pretty decent team we have here, guys.

I was going to say "the greatest player on the ******* planet" status but this also acceptable.

The best line of tonight: "We all know who the best player is on the ice tonight. It's not even close."

Edited by Crymson

Guest Crymson

First the bad, and there wasn't much bad from this game...

As great as it is to see Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom generate scoring chances a good bit when they are out there, the Wings need scoring from other sources. As solid as D-Z-H is, they aren't always going to get 2-3 goals a night.

Now the good...

There wasn't a lot of scoring, but this was as good of an all-around effort as I've seen the Wings in all three phases of offense, defense, and goaltending.

The offense didn't panic or stray away from their game, chipping away at Smith and finally getting one by him. Some harmless shots which we expect sometimes unfortunately, but Smith made some really, really good saves as well. He had a helluva game. Anyways, the offense looked far from sluggish and while it wasn't overbearing, they got more than enough chances.

The defense was great. Very few turnovers, very few brainfarts, which in turn leads to very few penalties. The Stars got some decent chances, but I very rarely saw any 2nd chances off rebounds/wide shots, etc.

And Osgood was superb, as calm and collected as I saw him. He didn't have to make many big stops but he did his job when needed. Hopefully it won't come to a point where Hasek when he comes back, or Osgood in fill-in duty, will have to steal games by themselves alone, but I am more than comfortable with them both in net doing their parts to give up very few bad goals.

The team seemed focused, matched the Stars intensity, and showed a lot of character coming from behind even though they were frustrated by Smith making some great saves. Wins like this excite me, and hopefully we can see more W's like this in the playoffs.

Good post, but you forgot to mention that we really felt the impact of Lilja not playing....

.... and it was good.

Blame Lang and Williams. Cleary can still play, but they can't. When we add a 2nd-line winger and a 4th-line grinder, we'll be all good!

Don't forget that the first line of MOST teams scores the LIONS SHARE of goals. At the start of the season, it was our second line.

Yeah I really think we can go somewhere if we get a physical 4th liner and a scoring winger - what worries me is if we will actually get that.

I missed this game tonight, but it sounds like it was great.. I saw that the wings were down 1-0 after 2 then once again came from behind and did there thing. I didn't bother reading all the pages but im sure it was great too.. This was a big win for us after getting blown out on monday