• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Earthhuman

2/17 GDT: @ Phoenix Coyotes, 9:00pm

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Now we take the lead in the conference. I'm happy.

Night all.

Great game by Wings. Quiet, incredible effort by Hasek. Solid! Great game by Dats, feeding the pucks to Zetts... great screen by Holmstrom on the 1st goal, excellent play by Lidstrom and Schneider, and of course excellent game by Zetterberg.

Not so good: Lang. Eat me, Lang. Lazy, and the customary hooking call. Williams? Good grief. Sorry, man. Cleary: I'm sorry you're on a line with those two. You deserve much better.

Anyway, good game by the team. Preds lose 1-4 to the Wild. Haha.

Note: please do not forget that Zetterberg got the puck because Datsyuk and Homer fed him the puck. As even the HOMER announcers said, Zetterberg and Datsyuk are a tandem who "have radar for each other."

FYI

"natural hat trick

n. Sports

A hat trick in which three goals are scored in succession by one player in one game." http://www.thefreedictionary.com/natural+hat+trick

I stand corrected, but it still wasn't a natural since the Yotes scored before Z completed his Hattie.

Sidenote: I'm really disappointed in myself that I forgot that. :nonono:

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Guest Crymson

Final Stats:

Zetterberg - 3 goals, 1 assist

Datsyuk - 4 assists

Schneider - 2 assists

Williams - 1 goal

Lidstrom - 1 assist

Hasek - 20 saves on 21 shots

Nice win for the Wings. Ahem, your Western Conference-leading Wings.

:thumbup::thumbup: There's Datsyuk and Zetterberg, Dats with 4 assists (the point I'm trying to make is that it's a TEAM effort... etc., you've heard it already).

Lidstrom and Holmstrom did far beyond what their G/A stats say.

Zetterberg is a machine! 3 goals and an assist. :siren:

And Dats, 4 assists and he got Williams on the scoreboard. Hopefully other teams see Willy scored and they become interested. Who cares if there wasn't a goalie in when he scored? :P

Another great game by Zetterberg. I'll say it again, I haven't seen a Wing player this dominant since the year Federov won the heart.

Solid effort by Hasek; that stop on Doan was huge! The D looks so calm when he's in net. You can tell they have complete confidence in him.

5 games left against the Preds. Should be fun!

Zetterberg is a machine! 3 goals and an assist. :siren:

And Dats, 4 assists and he got Williams on the scoreboard. Hopefully other teams see Willy scored and they become interested. Who cares if there wasn't a goalie in when he scored? :P

hopefully the other teams dont see that it took him 2 shots to hit the empty net too lol

HANK WITH THE HATRICK! Freaking phenomenal. He is by far the hottest player in the league right now. Amazing.

It was great to see Williams get the ENG. You had to feel for him after hitting the post and you could tell he was embarassed.

FIRST IN THE CONFERENCE AND DIVISION! Hopefully it stays that way.

Great game by Dom as well.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Crymson

2nd in the league...1st in the west.

maybe it will at least calm down some of the lovely trade debate we've had of late.

Indeed. The reality of things: the Wings play a GREAT game now. If we're able to pick up a scoring winger/grinder, we'll be nigh on unstoppable.

Guest Crymson

:siren::siren::siren:

Congratulations Hank!

First career hat trick!

I'm glad Willie scored that empty netter. He would've gotten crap about missing it the first time.

Yeah, I was thinking "Ruh Roh, Patrick Stefan... good thing we're up by 2."

I was also thinking "Say sayonara to your career in the NHL, Billie.. sorry."

Guest Crymson

Did anyone catch the extremely-loud "Let's go Red Wings" chant near the end of the 2nd?