• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

News: League GMs meet for conference in upcoming days

Rate this topic

I'm all for that. Look at how many teams score of off that idiotic penalty. It's rediculous. That penalty is what knocked Buffalo out of the playoffs last season (Carolina scored a PP goal that turned out to be the winner off of a penalty where a Buffalo player flipped the puck over the glass in the defensive zone). Of all the lame rules that the NHL currently has right now, this is by far the lamest.

Yup its by for the stupid rule in the NHL... and yes i do remember that last year

They need to make the shootouts 5 players....

or for the people that say shootouts are not a "team" way to solve a game, go for all 18 skaters in the shootout :D......unrealistic?....yes... awesome?....yes :P

They need to make the shootouts 5 players....

or for the people that say shootouts are not a "team" way to solve a game, go for all 18 skaters in the shootout :D......unrealistic?....yes... awesome?....yes :P

I think 3 shooters is good enough, im just glad its OT come playoff time because thats the most exciting thing to watch

They should get rid of the delay of game rule when you flick the puck out of play in the defense zone

This rule reminds me of when I played outdoor hockey as a kid and someone would shoot the puck over the boards and get the puck lost in the snow and everybody getting pissed off because you had to stop the game and look for the puck...good times

anyway I dont like this rule either

Guest Crymson

Here's a rule in question.. how can a ref call offset penalties for Tripping for one player and Diving for the other player involved? Never could figure that one out.

You know, in the course of a lengthy phone conversation about hockey a good friend of mine brought up this exact question.

Word. Both were essentially things that were fine as they were and nobody cared about 'til some genius decided, "Hey, let's see what happens when we f*** with this!"

Okay, /rage.

/Warranted

i think if a player with the puck crossed the blue line, off sides shouldnt be called. i see very often that a player goes offsides because his team mate made a move at the line so the puck didnt cross the line, even if the player with possesion did.

I don't understand the concept of "(insert name here) puts himself offsides." I mean, the guy with the puck puts himself offsides by getting ahead of it--how does that work?

I think 3 shooters is good enough, im just glad its OT come playoff time because thats the most exciting thing to watch

ABSOLUTELY!

-Pre-game ceremonies and the need to curb how long they run;

Interesting. I'm surprised they're taking a look at this. I never thought of this as an issue, but looking back, Stevie's ceremony was scheduled for one hour with the game to start at 7:30, and it started at 8:30. Some of those speeches (Devellano's especially) got a little lengthy.

I don't think the Yzerman Ceremony was the problem. If I remember correctly, the players warmed up AFTER the ceremony that night. I think this issue was brought up because of ceremonies like Brett Hull's where the players came out for warm-up skate before the ceremony... then had to sit down for HOURS during the ceremony and then start playing right after it was finished without a warm-up.

Guest Crymson

I think this issue was brought up because of ceremonies like Brett Hull's where the players came out for warm-up skate before the ceremony... then had to sit down for HOURS during the ceremony and then start playing right after it was finished without a warm-up.

The way we played that night, maybe we should ask to have such ceremonies more often. As I recall, we scored four goals pretty quickly, while only Andreas Lilja scored for the Blues.

You know, in the course of a lengthy phone conversation about hockey a good friend of mine brought up this exact question.

There's only one situation in which both calls are legit: where the trip is real in the ref's eyes, but the fall-out's exaggerated. I don't pay attention much around the league though, so I don't know how the stripes are handling this generally.

I don't think the Yzerman Ceremony was the problem. If I remember correctly, the players warmed up AFTER the ceremony that night. I think this issue was brought up because of ceremonies like Brett Hull's where the players came out for warm-up skate before the ceremony... then had to sit down for HOURS during the ceremony and then start playing right after it was finished without a warm-up.

They warmed up before the Yzerman ceremony and then did another warm-up afterwards. But the game itself still kinda sucked. It was pretty obviously played at a 90% tempo and was pretty ragged.