• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

HNIC: Satellite Hotstove, Trade deadline talk

Rate this topic

From HFBoards:

Guerin/Tkachuk: Detroit, Anaheim and one other (missed the name) are interested, Atlanta seriously taking a look at Tkachuk, would be prepared to part with a 1st and a prospect. If they fall short on him, they'd maybe look at Smolinski.

Nothing will really happen until the two big St Louis names are dealt, nobody's sure of what to ask for/offer up for the secondary names.

Owen Nolan is on the market, Georges Laraque told he's done in Phoenix, shopped, will be traded. Pittsburgh favourites, Buffalo and Toronto mentioned as potential suitors.

Rob Blake has reportedly waived his NTC, hopes to end up in SJ, but the Sharks are more interested in Craig Rivet.

Staying in LA, Brent Sopel will be moved, Mattias Norstrom may be available for the right price as LA look to completely blow up the team.

Calgary may be looking at Bryan Berard, as they attempt to add depth bodies to their D. Also remember they may make more deals with San Jose.

Martin Lapointe, Richard Zednik, Dainius Zubrus may also be moved.

Todd Bertuzzi is still available, possibly for conditional pick since nobody knows his fitness.

Martin Gelinas has a $200k cap hit so anyone who wants him can pretty much afford him.

Fredrik Modin likely to stay in Columbus, signing a new deal on Monday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've coveted Mattias Norstrom for years, who could be available at the right price. Its probably unlikely we'd get him at the deadline, but could try later on.

I'd love to get Norstrom here. We need a big defensive defenseman like him, plus he's a Swede. Him and Nick have been paired together in international play as well, if I remember correctly. I was actually thinking recently that if Holland can't get an impact forward he may try to upgrade the defense. Trade Schneider for a high pick and (the infamous) picks/prospect for Norstrom.

Lidstrom-Norstrom

Kronwall-Markov

Lebda-Chelios

IMO, that's a much more well-rounded defense than what we have now. Norstrom's a great stay at home guy who can clear the crease and we'd be getting rid of Schneider's defensive lapses.

Damn those Thrashers! Lay off of Keith.

I swear I just heard that Blake decided to stay with the Kings and not waive his NTC. No?

Am I the only one here who wouldn't mind seeing Gelinas on the Wings? Of course not as a first choice, but im saying if the Wings were to get a big name player and still feel like they need to add someone else that Martin may fit well. If I do remember correctly he's actually a pretty darn good player that's gritty, fast, and a heck of a penalty killer. He'd fit will on the Wings 3rd/4th line.

I'd love to get Norstrom here. We need a big defensive defenseman like him, plus he's a Swede. Him and Nick have been paired together in international play as well, if I remember correctly. I was actually thinking recently that if Holland can't get an impact forward he may try to upgrade the defense. Trade Schneider for a high pick and (the infamous) picks/prospect for Norstrom.

Lidstrom-Norstrom

Kronwall-Markov

Lebda-Chelios

IMO, that's a much more well-rounded defense than what we have now. Norstrom's a great stay at home guy who can clear the crease and we'd be getting rid of Schneider's defensive lapses.

Its gonna cost more than schneider and picks/prospects, considering he's an impending FA. They're probably gonna ask for quincey or ericsson, if not kronwall. He's a highly regarded D-man in the league, so he's gonna command good young players/prospects + picks.

I get goosebumps about thinking what it'd be like if we actually were even interested in him. But how ironic, would it be if we did get him, as we have a great warrior in chelios for so many years, and norstrom takes over that role, following cheli.

Edited by Mighty Wings

From HFBoards:

Guerin/Tkachuk: Detroit, Anaheim and one other (missed the name) are interested, Atlanta seriously taking a look at Tkachuk, would be prepared to part with a 1st and a prospect. If they fall short on him, they'd maybe look at Smolinski.

Nothing will really happen until the two big St Louis names are dealt, nobody's sure of what to ask for/offer up for the secondary names.

Owen Nolan is on the market, Georges Laraque told he's done in Phoenix, shopped, will be traded. Pittsburgh favourites, Buffalo and Toronto mentioned as potential suitors.

Rob Blake has reportedly waived his NTC, hopes to end up in SJ, but the Sharks are more interested in Craig Rivet.

Staying in LA, Brent Sopel will be moved, Mattias Norstrom may be available for the right price as LA look to completely blow up the team.

Calgary may be looking at Bryan Berard, as they attempt to add depth bodies to their D. Also remember they may make more deals with San Jose.

Martin Lapointe, Richard Zednik, Dainius Zubrus may also be moved.

Todd Bertuzzi is still available, possibly for conditional pick since nobody knows his fitness.

Martin Gelinas has a $200k cap hit so anyone who wants him can pretty much afford him.

Fredrik Modin likely to stay in Columbus, signing a new deal on Monday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've coveted Mattias Norstrom for years, who could be available at the right price. Its probably unlikely we'd get him at the deadline, but could try later on.

Send Ledba and one of our defence propects to Pittsburg for Ryan Malone

If Bertuzzi ends up going cheaper than Florida hopes for, with conditional picks, it would take some of the risk out of the trade. I don't know if we'll be able to meet the demands for Guerin, and it would be painful to give up a lot and have him return to St. Louis in the offseason (if the trade doesn't make a big impact). I actually think Bertuzzi would have a better chance of re-signing, though it's all just speculation, of course.

If Bertuzzi ends up going cheaper than Florida hopes for, with conditional picks, it would take some of the risk out of the trade. I don't know if we'll be able to meet the demands for Guerin, and it would be painful to give up a lot and have him return to St. Louis in the offseason (if the trade doesn't make a big impact). I actually think Bertuzzi would have a better chance of re-signing, though it's all just speculation, of course.

Anything Detroit gives St.Louis for Guerin is going to come back and bit us in the ass

I'd be all in favor of dumping Schneider somewhere and then picking up Norstrom (obviously LA would NOT take Matt). Now what are the chances? .03%, because they wont trade Schneider.