• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsownNHL

Igor Grigorenko

Rate this topic

I hate to bring up yet another thread about this kid, but i just read an article that says he could be a tougher version of Ilya Kovalchuk, which really excites me.

On a negative note, the article also stated that he may be a couple of surgeries away from being fully healed. What does this mean? Is Igor going to be sidelined yet again for surgery reasons?

He's 23.. I've read a few articles that make it sound like Detroit doctors could possibly fix his footspeed better than Russian ones, but I dunno..

He was born in 1989, so he'll be 28 before the next season. He's 5'10'' 178 lbs., and may not be as fast as he used to be. While he could be a very effective player, second coming of Kovalchuk he ain't.

he was born in 1983 and has been at the top of the prospect list since i think hank and dats were there if not before but i know around that time. heres a linnk to his profile on red wings central

http://www.redwingscentral.com/prospects/grigorenko.html

he seems hell be a good player once he gets over and its not looking like it wil be soon since the russians dont have a transfer agreement with the NHL yet so its a year by year thing, but i heard they wi; be bringing him over.. but i could be wrong

He was born in 1989, so he'll be 28 before the next season. He's 5'10'' 178 lbs., and may not be as fast as he used to be. While he could be a very effective player, second coming of Kovalchuk he ain't.

by 1989 i assume you mean 1979....?

Of course, I can't read, so 1983 turned into 1989. :blush:

As someone correctly pointed out, he will only be 24 prior to the next season. My mistake.

He is listed by his current club Lada Togliatti as follows:

Born 09.04.1983 (Apr 9) Ht: 182 cm (5' 11.65'') Wt: 83 kg (182.8lbs)

I hate to bring up yet another thread about this kid, but i just read an article that says he could be a tougher version of Ilya Kovalchuk, which really excites me.

On a negative note, the article also stated that he may be a couple of surgeries away from being fully healed. What does this mean? Is Igor going to be sidelined yet again for surgery reasons?

The sad thing is that Kovalchuk is actually younger, only by a few days though, and he is completing his 5th year in the NHL.

Grigorenko is a talented bulldozer. Short but very strong guy. I compare him to Martin Lapointe (without that fighting edge). New young "Lapointe" would be very nice to add at next season.

I can't wait to see this kid play in the NHL. I think i read an article not too long ago about Jim Nill i think it was telling Igor that it's time for him to come over after this year, and Igor agreed. Also, i think him joining the Wings will help in keeping Datsyuk a Wing also because they played on the same line a few years back.

Grigorenko mentioned in an article. Sounds like we're in no hurry to get him over here as long as there's no IHF agreement signed. They'll let the Russians pay for his development, I imagine, since we won't lose the rights to him.

March 16th:

Wings general manager Ken Holland said he speaks to Mark Lapush, the agent for prospect Igor Grigorenko, on a weekly basis and has talked to him several times in the last few days. Grigorenko's contact with Russian Superleague club Lada Togliatti expires at the end of June and the Wings would like to sign the soon-to-be 24-year-old forward, their top selection in the 2001 entry draft (62nd overall), this summer.

"I've had a lot of positive conversations with his agent,'' Holland said. "I'm hopeful and optimistic that he'll sign and play in North America next season, but I'm sure the Russian teams will make offers.''

Holland said the Wings hold Grigorenko's NHL rights indefinitely because there's still no transfer agreement between the league and the Russian Ice Hockey Federation. Grigorenko, a 5-foot-10, 203-pound winger, is in his third full season after recovering from multiple fractures in his left leg sustained in a near-fatal car accident in May 2003.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/stories/inde....xml&coll=1

Guest LivingtheDream

5' 10" and 203. Man, that is a lot opf mass for a guy that tall. No wonder someone called him a bull dog. I wish they could make this happen.

It pisses me off how the Wings have handled him...they knew he was a dynamo when they drafted him in 2001 but refused to bring him over to N.A. even after awesome seasons in 01-02 and 02-03. He should've been in the AHL in 02-03 and on the Wings roster in 03-04 but for some reason they want to leave him in Russia until his late 20s. Now he might not even ever see American soil after his accident...what a waste.