• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Detroit sports radio

Rate this topic

So I'm listening to 'Ice Time' today on WDFN and they are talking about the Wings and their playoff chances this year in which they really had nothing but negativity spewing out of their mouths. It was all about San Jose this, and San Jose that. 'If it's the Wings and Sharks you can be sure that the Wings will be out in the first' 'Sharks will probably take Game 1, and 3 and then they'll close it out in 5' and BLA BLA BLA. Then it was oh the Wings have a good shot against the Stars, Nucks, Flames, etc..but we still don't think they'll get anywhere near the Cup.

COME ON! Is anyone else not sick of this crap? The playoffs haven't even started! We haven't even seen how it's going to be with the entire team healthy yet they are calling them out saying they will go nowhere. Am I the only one that likes the Wings chances? I think *hopefully* with Bert in the line up and everyone healthy that they are one of the better teams in the league by far. Only problem heading into the playoffs is that only one line is scoring and that needs to change. If the Wings actually got all 4 lines rolling..they'd be dangerous as hell.

Anyways, im just sick of the negativity. It ALMOST makes me hope that the Wings and Sharks do meet in the first round. Maybe prove those damn doubters wrong.

Whatever, maybe it's better that the Wings are the underdogs for once, but I just had to rant.

If everyone on our team is helthy by playoffs than really i would not mind facing the sharks, because i really think we would have a good shot with Bert and Cald in the lineup bringing in all the grit especially Berts

I'm more concerned about our team's chemistry really. I don't think we'll beat anybody if people don't return quick before the season ends and start getting used to their linemates in-game again.

Edited by aflac9262

Guest Tunbo Batman

lol , let the other team has the pressure of the favorites for once. no matter what those f***ers say, the wings are a mighty team.

Sean and Brady are not homers by any stretch of the imagination. They don't claim to be either. It's too bad that Detroit Sports Talk radio shows such as this don't blow smoke up the asses of Wings fans but at least they are not just saying the Wings have a shot at the title just for the sake of saying it. I think the Wings as well as any other team have a shot at it this year but they are not the favorites and nor should they be. Who thought the Oilers would have been the force that they were last playoff. It just goes to show that any team can win any series given the right circumstances. Opinions are opinions don't take them to heart.

If you think WDFN is negative, read Caputo's column today. Talk about doom 'n gloom. True, we're probably playing the WORST hockey of the year, but what are we, 6-1-3 over the last 10? I agree with the poster about chemistry though. With all the line juggling, oftentimes lately people have just been out of position so much. Oh well, we can *****/moan all we want about negativity, but it's been justified as of late. However, I don't see how it relates to playoffs at all.. Opening game of round one, whomever the opponent is ... a MONTH away. Plenty of time for chemistry issues, and injuries to heal. Regular season is a grind, I think Caputo even mentioned that these are the "dog days" of the hockey season, especially when you've got a playoff spot all but guaranteed.

I'm more concerned about our team's chemistry really. I don't think we'll beat anybody if people don't return quick before the season ends and start getting used to their linemates in-game again.

That's a very good point there

The Shrks are not the same team they were 2 months ago, and neither are the Wings. I don't see 5-6 PP goals against the Wings going in now.

We saw 6 Boston goals go in though. Plain and simple that the wings NEED to be healthy in order to compete in the playoffs this year. Plain and simple. The Wings have as good a chance as anyone to win the cup once in the playoffs but just like every other team in the playoffs those who stay healthy always seem to advance further. If this injury bug doesnt go away soon then the wings will be in trouble.

Can you understand the skepticism from the media about the Wings playoff chances:

2003...Defending champs swept by Anaheim Mighty Ducks in the first round.

2004...Struggled to beat the 8th seed Predators in the 1st round and then we were smacked around by the Calgary Flames in the next round.

2005...HEY, THE WINGS MADE IT OUT OF THE FIRST TWO ROUNDS!!!! Oh crap...that was the lockout year, my bad.

2006...President's Cup NHL Champions crumble to the hard-charging Edmonton Oilers in the first round.

2007...Who knows. Any team can represent the Western Conference in the finals. I wouldn't call Detroit the favorite though; that distinction goes to the Nashville Predators.

As the last Stanley Cup Championship in 2002 becomes more of a distant memory...the Wings are becoming the Atlanta Braves Joke of the post-season NHL.

Can you understand the skepticism from the media about the Wings playoff chances:

2003...Defending champs swept by Anaheim Mighty Ducks in the first round.

2004...Struggled to beat the 8th seed Predators in the 1st round and then we were smacked around by the Calgary Flames in the next round.

2005...HEY, THE WINGS MADE IT OUT OF THE FIRST TWO ROUNDS!!!! Oh crap...that was the lockout year, my bad.

2006...President's Cup NHL Champions crumble to the hard-charging Edmonton Oilers in the first round.

2007...Who knows. Any team can represent the Western Conference in the finals. I wouldn't call Detroit the favorite though; that distinction goes to the Nashville Predators.

As the last Stanley Cup Championship in 2002 becomes more of a distant memory...the Wings are becoming the Atlanta Braves Joke of the post-season NHL.

Aww that's too bad. I now how realistic it is to win the Stanley Cup EVERY YEAR IN A ROW.

God I am so sick of these posts that people expect the Wings to win it every year. Nobody can do that. The Islanders and Habs did it 4 times, but the NHL was a different league during those times. Nobody's going to be like that again. And because the Wings aren't, that makes them a joke? Wow. Typical fan I guess.

I would never call what the Braves did a "joke" nor the Wings. It's nice to have a team that competes year in and year out. At least they have a chance pretty much every season to make the run for the Cup. If this team didn't make the playoffs consistantly then that may be a "joke".

It's nice to have a team that competes year in and year out. At least they have a chance pretty much every season to make the run for the Cup. If this team didn't make the playoffs consistantly then that may be a "joke".

Tell that to Blues fans. 25 straight years in the playoffs with nothing to show for it. We see how that has affected the mentality of there fan base :P

lol Thats not what I meant. All the Blues fans I know personally are well "out of the ordinary" a little bit.

I think a comparison to Cubs fans can be made. Especially since making the playoffs didn't take as much in the 80's as it does now. Then a .500 record got you in. I know because I WAS one of them till '98 having been transplanted to Nashville. Always next year and that one more acquisition to put you over the top....

Plus it's funny to see that y'all are also subject to negative media too. Seem like all that most of them want to have to have on is football and basketball anyway because they don't look as smart talking about hockey as those sports ( at least here, ATL, and STL).

Sean and Brady are not homers by any stretch of the imagination. They don't claim to be either. It's too bad that Detroit Sports Talk radio shows such as this don't blow smoke up the asses of Wings fans but at least they are not just saying the Wings have a shot at the title just for the sake of saying it. I think the Wings as well as any other team have a shot at it this year but they are not the favorites and nor should they be. Who thought the Oilers would have been the force that they were last playoff. It just goes to show that any team can win any series given the right circumstances. Opinions are opinions don't take them to heart.

Quoted for truth.

Prior to the start of the season I had pretty much written this year off as a "transition year" with some of the older vets would eventually be phased out heading into the 2007-08 season (Lang, Schneider, Chelios) and more ice time would be handed down to the youngsters. This summer the Wings would complete the roster turnover by going with younger free agents.

That said... the performance of the players on this roster this season has been a very pleasant surprise and the moves Holland made at the deadline gave this preseason doubting Thomas reason to hope. But A LOT has to work out for the Wings to win the Stanley Cup. Hasek needs to play like 2002 (or better), Bertuzzi needs to be healthy and a force and the club can't afford any injuries.

Even with that in mind, and looking at recent playoff exploits, I think it's perfectly reasonable to predict an early Wings' roster, especially if they face a team like the Sharks that -- regardless of their record -- have had Detroit's number as of late.

I wouldn't lambast what Greg or Sean have to say at all -- it's probably the most realistic outlook I've heard at this point.

Quoted for truth.

Prior to the start of the season I had pretty much written this year off as a "transition year" with some of the older vets would eventually be phased out heading into the 2007-08 season (Lang, Schneider, Chelios) and more ice time would be handed down to the youngsters. This summer the Wings would complete the roster turnover by going with younger free agents.

That said... the performance of the players on this roster this season has been a very pleasant surprise and the moves Holland made at the deadline gave this preseason doubting Thomas reason to hope. But A LOT has to work out for the Wings to win the Stanley Cup. Hasek needs to play like 2002 (or better), Bertuzzi needs to be healthy and a force and the club can't afford any injuries.

Even with that in mind, and looking at recent playoff exploits, I think it's perfectly reasonable to predict an early Wings' roster, especially if they face a team like the Sharks that -- regardless of their record -- have had Detroit's number as of late.

I wouldn't lambast what Greg or Sean have to say at all -- it's probably the most realistic outlook I've heard at this point.

I would agree that SJ is not the team to face in round one; but they tend to look spent by round two. But where will they end up? 5 to 8.... Just have to focus on today and let tomorrow sort itself out right now.