• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Play off teams

Rate this topic

In the West it looks like there is only 1 place still up for grabs with Dallas, San Jose, Minnesota, Calgary and the Avs the teams fighting it out. But with only 13 reg games left the Avs find themselfs sitting in 9th and 10 points beind the 8th placed Flames. Is this a bridge to far for the Colorado side or can they ****** the final place? They have 3 games left against the Flames and in effect this could well be the deciding factor.

Out in the East its much much tighter and in theory only the Caps and Flyers are out of the running. I can't recall this many teams still being in with a chance of making the playoffs so late in the reg season. The Rangers at present hold 8th spot on goal difference from last years winning Canes side. Only 5 points seperate the Rangers and 13th placed Panthers so it really is going to be all to play for.

Maybe with it being so close in the East it makes these teams more focused as they enter the playoffs and they have a more playoff game mindset about them before the post season starts.

I see the only way the Av's get in is if Calgary, and Minny fall completely flat on thier faces. The Av's basically have to win the rest of there games if they want to get in. It will be weird not to see them in the playoffs, it's going to take a miricle.

I couldn`t believe how much Edmonton unloaded at the deadline. They basically said screw the play-offs we give up. Even after last year when the went all the way.

None of the players like MacTavish, and I think Kevin Lowe saw they weren't going anywhere. Still, the thought to trade Smyth confuses me to no end.

So in that sense, Columbus or Washington could still make it? Even though they probably won't.

Phoenix, Columbus and Chicago are probably eliminated this week. Washington could hold on for a while. They are 16 out with 12 to play. But given their recent record I'd say they've tossed in the towel. Same with Edmonton. 8 losses in a row. Ouch.