• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dim

Yzerman Night DVD

Rate this topic

Is there any news on a DVD of the Yzerman jersey retirement ceremony (either official, or homemade)? We Wings fans out East were treated to about 8.7 seconds of the ceremony by Versus when it was happening and would love to have the whole thing.

After shelling out some money on eBay to get merchandise from that night, the DVD is the last thing I need for my Stevie Y fix.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all!

- D.

Is there any news on a DVD of the Yzerman jersey retirement ceremony (either official, or homemade)? We Wings fans out East were treated to about 8.7 seconds of the ceremony by Versus when it was happening and would love to have the whole thing.

After shelling out some money on eBay to get merchandise from that night, the DVD is the last thing I need for my Stevie Y fix.

- D.

I haven't heard or read anything of the sort. And I'm very surprised. They came out with that book "Nineteen" very quickly but nothing on DVD. I would pay top $$$ for a DVD of Stevie that featured highlights from his junior days all the way to his retirement.

P.S. That book "Nineteen" is excellent! And it's very bizarre to see Stevie with a 70's hairdo while playing Junior Tier II.

I haven't heard or read anything of the sort. And I'm very surprised. They came out with that book "Nineteen" very quickly but nothing on DVD. I would pay top $$$ for a DVD of Stevie that featured highlights from his junior days all the way to his retirement.

P.S. That book "Nineteen" is excellent! And it's very bizarre to see Stevie with a 70's hairdo while playing Junior Tier II.

LOL I know!!! There's one picture where his hair is so long and...well, poofy!!! I personally love the elementary school pic where he's wearing a shirt with cartoon elephants on it (page 14 if anyone wants to check it out).

But I haven't heard anything about a DVD either. I sure wish the Wings would put one out...I know I would buy it on the first day it was out!!

Ontario Wingsfan put this dvd together and it's FABULOUS

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...&hl=yzerman

All you need to do is download it and burn it to a dvd and play it in your standalone dvd player.

It's very well made with chapters and even has the Yzerman Retirement Announcement on it from July 3rd.

8.7 seconds. That's about 7 seconds longer than I got on SportsCenter.

I refuse to read the book. I have it, but it's sitting in a box, unopened.

8.7 seconds. That's about 7 seconds longer than I got on SportsCenter.

I refuse to read the book. I have it, but it's sitting in a box, unopened.

Why? It's incredibly well done. It even lists all the fights Yzerman has been in (6 if you're wondering).

Edited by Hank

I found this online a little over a week ago. http://www.hdhockey.tv/details_3229

As bad as I want to buy it, I don't trust the site. If anybody else has purchased stuff from this site without problems, let me know. I'd love to add this DVD to my collection, as I'm sure many would.

Also, I'm not sure if this would be the "official" release. I know shortly after the ceremony, FSN mentioned they wanted to release it on DVD, but there were rights issues that needed to be addressed.

I found this online a little over a week ago. http://www.hdhockey.tv/details_3229

As bad as I want to buy it, I don't trust the site. If anybody else has purchased stuff from this site without problems, let me know. I'd love to add this DVD to my collection, as I'm sure many would.

Also, I'm not sure if this would be the "official" release. I know shortly after the ceremony, FSN mentioned they wanted to release it on DVD, but there were rights issues that needed to be addressed.

I can see what you mean by not trusting the site. It looks a bit shady.

Also, on that lasting you get the entire game from that night on disc 2. Then, on Disc 3, you get the first period and part of the 2nd period. Finally, on Disc 4, you get the rest of the 2nd and the 3rd. For some reason, that doesn't make any sense at all.

Why? It's incredibly well done. It even lists all the fights Yzerman has been in (6 if you're wondering).

I thought about reading it, and then figured it's more of a collectable than a book. I don't ever touch collectables. I merely collect them. :)

- D.

Versus sucks! I was going to head to the bar to watch the ceremony on the ticket but Versus's website said they would be covering the ceremony. Instead all those pansies talked about was the Blues and the Blackhawks. I was furious that I didn't go watch the ceremony in its entirety because I relied on Versus to watch the "8.7" seconds of coverage. PS Bill Clement is the most boring guy to host a post game wrapup ever!!

Ontario Wingsfan put this dvd together and it's FABULOUS

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...&hl=yzerman

All you need to do is download it and burn it to a dvd and play it in your standalone dvd player.

It's very well made with chapters and even has the Yzerman Retirement Announcement on it from July 3rd.

Wow, this does look fantastic! I've never done a torrent before and I *think* I am downloading it right now, but it's tough for me to understand. My tech knowledge is so pitiful that it amazes me that I can even log onto this board sometimes.

Anyway, if anyone has done this before, can you give me an idea of how long the process took? It's been going for about 2 and a half hours and it says it is 0.1% done, which makes me think it might take a month for me to DL it.

Other option, if anyone is willing, is that if anyone has this on DVD and would be willing to copy it if I provide blanks, postage, payment for time spent, etc. In turn, I can offer the same to other people on the board as I have a DVD burner that I can make copies with. Thanks!

- Dim.

Guest Crymson

- D.

I'm getting a DVD-R copy of it pretty soon. I'll see how much is actually included on it, then I'll see about copying it.

Wow, this does look fantastic! I've never done a torrent before and I *think* I am downloading it right now, but it's tough for me to understand. My tech knowledge is so pitiful that it amazes me that I can even log onto this board sometimes.

Anyway, if anyone has done this before, can you give me an idea of how long the process took? It's been going for about 2 and a half hours and it says it is 0.1% done, which makes me think it might take a month for me to DL it.

Other option, if anyone is willing, is that if anyone has this on DVD and would be willing to copy it if I provide blanks, postage, payment for time spent, etc. In turn, I can offer the same to other people on the board as I have a DVD burner that I can make copies with. Thanks!

- Dim.

It's an ENORMOUS FILE..that's why it's taking so long - plus you need other people seeding for the files as well...I don't know anything other than that. Someone else had to walk me through it...

I have a friend downloading this for me, but he mentions that there is currently no one seeding this.

Would someone who still has this file be willing to seed it? Thanks!

I'm still seeding this, and will continue to for a while yet. If there's anyone else out there that isn't tech savvy, and still needs a copy of the DVD, drop me an e-mail at bjmcdevitt@hotmail.com and we will work something out.

I have the FSN Ceremony and Wings Ducks game on DVD. I would be more than willing to copy it for anyone. I have sent out about 30 copies so far from my link at nhl connect. TonyH

Edited by Hit