• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jackliveshere

Team Equipment Sale at Joe Louis Arena

Rate this topic

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding the team equipment sale this year? Some other teams have already had theirs, but I think the Wings always do theirs after the season ends. Anyone heard anything yet?

I've got a HUGE wishlist this year and I'm dying to go! :siren:

I'm not from the detroit area, but what limitations would their be on equipment... like could you buy the sock tape lidstrom wore in the 56th game of the season? Or for the super fan possibly Lilja's jock... cuz evidently he has no balls. If i ever need any wings paraphenilia I'll wait for Ebay.

That was a pretty useless post - but thanks anyways :rolleyes:

Every year the Wings and pretty much every other team in the NHL hold equipment sales when you can buy their game used, issued, or pro-stock equipment.

Jerseys, Gloves, Sticks, Skates, Pads, Bags, etc.

i know that if you go to a game there is a little shop in there and you can buy game used sticks and signed skates and jerseys but other than that i dont know

Yeah - that's Hockeytown Authentics, they have one in Troy also. Pretty much the same deal except the equipment sale has 100x the stuff.

Last season the Wings had two such "garage sales", so far this year they haven't had any. However, about a month ago Paul Boyer sent a large stock of surplus unused stick to the Troy store for $120 a piece. I'd also expect a big sale at the Joe sometime in June (like last year). They usually give about 24 hours notice. I haven't been to one, but I've seen a lot of the stock on eBay afterwards. Expect game used sticks, pants, helmets, skates, etc. Jerseys will be one sale for the same price that you can buy them at the HTA store in JLA, but except a sale (like 1/2 off) of 2+ year old jerseys.

Every year the Wings and pretty much every other team in the NHL hold equipment sales when you can buy their game used, issued, or pro-stock equipment.

Jerseys, Gloves, Sticks, Skates, Pads, Bags, etc.

I'm expecting the prices are outrageous, but is it otherwise? Are they decent deals for pro, used equipment?

If they're decent, I might try and keep track of them on it. A lot of people like to spend tons of cash on stuff just because someone sweat into/touched/looked at something....

but if the price isn't like, $500 (yeah, retarded =p) for a pair of red Easton gloves, that could be cool.

I'm expecting the prices are outrageous, but is it otherwise?
If you're talking about a star player like Lids, Pavel, etc., yeah the prices can be steep. But if you want equipment from one of the less popular players, the prices can be pretty good. For example, at the Joe I bought a Jason Williams Bauer XXX stick a couple of days before he was traded in great shape for $100. Try finding that price elsewhere. It works great for me in drop-in! Edited by Gizmo

I went three..four? years ago. The prices arent as steep as expected. I bought 4 Ray Whitney One piece TPS Responses for $70 each. Thier normal list price was $100+. Now, the used/autographed equipment, thats another stroy...That'll eat at your wallet.