• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:51 PM

I just wanted to ... what and who did we trade for chelly or was a he a free agent blink.gif

#2 WingsownNHL

WingsownNHL

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:53 PM

If i'm not mistaken it was Anders Erickson and a couple of firsts. Don't know if it was 2 or 3 first round picks.

#3 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,062 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:54 PM

It was a steal IMO , Ericcson wasent anything close to Chelios and those 1st's amounted to a whole lot of nothing

#NOMOREKINDL

#4 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:57 PM

Yeah, it was Eriksson and two first rounders.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#5 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:03 PM

oh allright thanks alot ... i was too young those days lol

#6 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:42 PM

Yep, Eriksson and two first rounders.

For clarification, the first round picks were used to pick Steve McCarthy and Adam Munro respectavly. Neither of them are with the Hawks anymore.

#7 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

Chris Chelios amazes me

#8 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 10:47 PM

there was one point during the anaheim game where he kept the puck in 3-4 times, fantastic work
IPB Image
IPB Image

#9 Zeta Power 40

Zeta Power 40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE(Viperar @ March 26, 2007 - 11:47PM) View Post
there was one point during the anaheim game where he kept the puck in 3-4 times, fantastic work

yes that was very impressive.

Red Wings, My Red Wings, Come On Wings, Lets Fly!!!

#10 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(Red Wings 516 @ March 26, 2007 - 10:54PM) View Post

yes that was very impressive.

I thought he was the best player on the ice tonight...there were a couple of times tonight where he outplayed guys who are half his age!!

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#11 Bender

Bender

My other car is a Zamboni

• PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:33 AM

Did anybody hear the VS commentators talking about Chelios after the game last night? They got into a discusion regarding the fact that he has now played the most games of any american player and they ended up agreeing that Chelios was in fact the best american born player in NHL history. I was a bit surprised at first, but when you stop to think about it he really is one of the best all time among the US ranks.

I usually don't mention it, but Chelios has been my second favorite player in the league ever since he came to Motown. Now that #19 is hanging in the rafters, I guess that makes Cheli #1 in my book.
Not to start an argument, but Chelios has always been a prime example of just exactly what I used to think of as a great hockey player - whereas Stevie redefined it and took it to the next level - for me at least.

Certainly, Chelios is destined for the HoF. In the meantime, he is still out there schooling these young whipper-snappers about what it means to be hockey player.
IPB Image

"...in it to win it, like Yzerman..." - Kid Rock

#12 TheLegend19

TheLegend19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE(Detroit # 1 Fan @ March 26, 2007 - 08:54PM) View Post

It was a steal IMO , Ericcson wasent anything close to Chelios and those 1st's amounted to a whole lot of nothing

But to give some credit to Chicago, Chelios was 37 at the time. They figured he was washed up and had maybe a year or two left. Eriksson was young and had some potential.

My Dad and I joke that every time the Wings go play Chicago, Chelios probably makes his way up to the Blackhawk front office, lightly knocks on the door and says "hey guys. Just wanted to let you know I'm still playing. Look forward to seeing your guys on the ice tonight smile.gif "

Edit: Double post, sorry.

Edited by Manny4Prez, 27 March 2007 - 11:26 AM.

stevienewjo4.gif

#13 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(Viperar @ March 26, 2007 - 11:47PM) View Post

I noticed that series of plays too. I was very impressed and a little disappointed that the Ducks were being held in their own zone by one 45 year old American player (I'm American) who never scores and skates as fast as the seasons. But then again.

Cheli was probably psyched about the Gathering that is to take place in NYC this summer between him and other immortals to decide who is The One. Because we all know THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Referees

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#14 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE(Manny4Prez @ March 27, 2007 - 12:25PM) View Post

But to give some credit to Chicago, Chelios was 37 at the time. They figured he was washed up and had maybe a year or two left.

hahahaha he was just gettin started laugh.gif laugh.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image

#15 Icer

Icer

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE(Bender @ March 27, 2007 - 07:33AM) View Post

Did anybody hear the VS commentators talking about Chelios after the game last night? They got into a discusion regarding the fact that he has now played the most games of any american player and they ended up agreeing that Chelios was in fact the best american born player in NHL history. I was a bit surprised at first, but when you stop to think about it he really is one of the best all time among the US ranks.

That Modano guy is pretty good too...

Modano Sets Record

#16 TheLegend19

TheLegend19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE(Icer @ March 27, 2007 - 12:51PM) View Post

That Modano guy is pretty good too...

Modano Sets Record

Hmm...I knew I had heard that name somewhere. unsure.gif