• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MUDSHARK

Quincey Called Up

Rate this topic

Hmmm well I completely disagree. One of his strongest assets is his play on the PK. I don't think he's slow at all, actually. He's great on the forecheck and back check, and gets down low to take shots away, and is always willing to sacrifice his body. I might not care for Lilja but if there's one thing I've always liked about him is his play on the PK.

If he does all those things, then why do you not care for him?

It's the last name isn't it? :P

The second Kronwall stepped on the ice for the first time as a Wing he became one of my faves. He's got great potential, but the injuries have got the best of him. Maybe the Wings will stick around till June so Nik can get back in.

Kronner's season is over, even if the Wings make it into June. There is no way Holland is going to risk a career-ending re-injury after signing this guy to what- four or five years? A hip injury is serious business and nothing to play around with. If this team manages to make it to the Cup Finals- which would be a miracle, IMO, with or without Nik- that's a good sign we don't need him so bad in the series to risk an even worse re-injury...

I like Kronwall, I do, he reminds me a bit of Vladdie (though his positioning isn't as good yet as Vladdie's was), but I don't think he's so essential that losing him really hurts our playoff chances that much. We'll probably miss him on the PP more than anything, but as far as team D goes, I think Lilja and Quincey should be able to fill the void...

Lids-Lilja/Markov

Cheli- Lebda/Schneider

Some random mix of the bottom four...

Quincey- huge, energetic, filling out the extra minutes...

Now just pray we don't lose another d-man.

We'll probably miss him on the PP more than anything, but as far as team D goes, I think Lilja and Quincey should be able to fill the void...

He really wasn't that effective on the PP. This illustrates nicely how we basically have Nick and Matt doing all the work with the man advantage.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

If he does all those things, then why do you not care for him?

It's the last name isn't it? :P

Haha well I've always had a problem with him for a few reasons: 1.He's a big guy, that I think if he wanted to..could beat the hell outta a lot of players. He never uses his body to his advantage and that would piss me off. 2. When at even strength..he'd more than half the time cough up the puck which would absolutely make me fume!

Now with all that being said, he's finally played a lot better! The game against the Ducks made us all see a new and more brighter version of Mr.Lilja. He was was physical, throwing his body around, sticking up for his mates, fighting, and just playing some great hockey. That's what I always thought he could be capable of and finally he came through! If he does step up in Kronner's place and play this throughout the playoffs I think we will all be delighted.

That is all. :D

He was was physical, throwing his body around, sticking up for his mates, fighting, and just playing some great hockey.

He also got turned inside out by a speedy Selanne, you may remember. :crazy:

Lilja is a perfectly acceptable 6th D-man, but he's still the worst on the team. It's all we can ask that he limit his mistakes and block a few shots. Anything after that (like his badassery vs Anaheim) is a bonus.

He also got turned inside out by a speedy Selanne, you may remember. :crazy:

Lilja is a perfectly acceptable 6th D-man, but he's still the worst on the team. It's all we can ask that he limit his mistakes and block a few shots. Anything after that (like his badassery vs Anaheim) is a bonus.

I actually don't remember the Selanne thing! But ditto to the rest you said.

Ugh. Not good at all, I feel so bad for Kronner. At least with Quincey up, maybe once Lids gets back, with any luck Lilja will sit and not see the ice come playoff time. Sure, he's decent on the PK when he blocks shots, but I'd rather not see him out there during critical times in games.

May as well let Lids rest and then get back for playoffs, just sit Lilja once he is back and keep Quincey in the lineup,IMO.

Ugh. Not good at all, I feel so bad for Kronner. At least with Quincey up, maybe once Lids gets back, with any luck Lilja will sit and not see the ice come playoff time. Sure, he's decent on the PK when he blocks shots, but I'd rather not see him out there during critical times in games.

May as well let Lids rest and then get back for playoffs, just sit Lilja once he is back and keep Quincey in the lineup,IMO.

There is no way that Lilja will get benched in favor of a dman that has played all of 2 games, especially since the playoffs are arriving very soon. We can't afford a chance like that, no matter how bad you think Lilja is.

I think you are being a bit too hard on Lilja. He's really stepped it up in the last week. I'm sure he'll do so even now more seeing as how he needs to be counted on for in the playoffs.

I think you are being a bit too hard on Lilja. He's really stepped it up in the last week. I'm sure he'll do so even now more seeing as how he needs to be counted on for in the playoffs.

:) I was actually looking at it as the exact opposite.

He WAS playing hard these past few weeks because there was a chance he wouldn't play in the post season (with him being at the shallow end of the depth pool and all). Now that we "need" him and he is now a given for playoff time, I don't see him trying as hard. He isn't fighting for playing time now... he is going to get it by default.

Oh the Pain from the train!. Good thing sam's club has big bottle of tylenol ;)

He WAS playing hard these past few weeks because there was a chance he wouldn't play in the post season (with him being at the shallow end of the depth pool and all). Now that we "need" him and he is now a given for playoff time, I don't see him trying as hard. He isn't fighting for playing time now... he is going to get it by default.

I'm really hoping this will be the making of lilja and that he will step up when his team needs him, but knowing our luck he will probable let us down. <_< and once again i hope reverse psychology works! :P

I think both sides of the Lilja bandwagon are being a bit pundant here. He is not the worst defenseman, but he is not the best defenseman either. He is solid enough to play the #6 role, and probably won't be getting top line minutes. I still worry about him being on the PK though, since he is not the fleetest of foot out there. But he does block shots, which of course is useful and maybe after he'll start dropping the gloves a little more now too. All we can really expect from him is to come in, limit his mistakes, block shots, play physical, and drop the gloves if needed.

Hmmm I never thought of if that way.

Well maybe he'll still try hard even in the playoffs because quite possiby Quincey will stay just in case Lilja isn't doing quite well! I don't know. lol