• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

Flames already talking smack

Rate this topic

I agree we do have a lot to prove and I hope we learned from our mistakes in 04. Every analyst in Canada is picking Calgary to beat us. God how I hope we prove everyone wrong.

I agree we do have a lot to prove and I hope we learned from our mistakes in 04. Every analyst in Canada is picking Calgary to beat us. God how I hope we prove everyone wrong.

I like that the Flames think "playing the Wings tough" is a free pass to a win these days. Obviously, they havent seen the how the Wings respond lately when the going gets rough. Anahiem is probably the toughest team in this league and when they started throwing their weight around, the Wings kept their cool, and shut the Ducks down playoff style. And that wasnt the first time.

Let them talk themselves up all they want, hopefully the wings will use the flames and there fan's total lack of respect for them against them. We'll just have to see who's left standing after the serie's, THEN you say what you think of the opposition. :thumbup:

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Let them talk themselves up all they want, hopefully the wings will use the flames and there fan's total lack of respect for them against them. We'll just have to see who's left standing after the serie's, THEN you say what you think of the opposition. :thumbup:

Call me crazy but I think this entire series is going to be decided by the power play.

If the refs put the whistles away and let the Flames brutalize Homer and Bert in front of the net via cross checking and slashes without penalizing them, we'll lose the series.

If the refs put the whistles away and let the Flames run Hasek the Wings will lose the series.

If our PP doesn't get hot and the Flames find a way to score, especially from Phaneuf and co. from the blueline on the PP, then the Wings will lose this series.

Based on their speed and the Wings penchant for taking sometimes lazy penalties, we can be assured that we're going to spend our fair share of time in the box. In order for us to counter that we're going to need the refs to call those infractions on the Flames as much as possible and we're going to have to capitalize on them.

I just don't see us beating Kipper 5 on 5 all too often. He's too quick, too good and too juiced up and the Flames are far too stingy to expect you're going to play even strength hockey and beat them on a regular basis in the playoffs.

We need the games to be called very tight IMO for us to win this one. Fortunately, I have a decent feeling that the refs will call the games like they should. You know they're going to call us for every nickel and dime hook so they better freaking call all of those nasty cross checks and slashes that Regerh, Phaneuf and Warrener like to give in front of the net.

FYI-

NOV 1, 2006

Wings 3 (2 even strength, 1 pp) Flames 2 (1 ES, 1PP)

NOV 17, 2006

Wings 1 (PP) Flames 4 (1 ES, 3 PP)

FEB 11, 2007

Wings 7 (6 ES, 1 PP) Flames 4 (4 ES)

MAR 20, 2007

Wings 1 (ES) Flames 2 (2 PP)

Taking out that 11 goal absurdity in November, the Flames outscored the Wings 8 to 5 in the other 3 games. In those 3 games they scored 2 at ES and 6 times on the PP. During those 3 games we scored 3 at ES and 2 on the PP.

Granted, its not a huge sampling population but I just think during the playoffs its going to be difficult for us to outscore them 5 on 5. We're going to live and die by our special teams and if our PK continues to be average, I suspect we're going to be golfing very soon.

BUT I HAVE FAITH! :D Wings PP will be lethal, Wings PK will be good but not great and even strength play will be a wash, which means we win the series in 6 based on our POWER PLAY! YIPPEE!!!

Guest Agalloch

Flimsy division? While that is true, the Wings have the best record of all eight playoff teams, when facing current playoff teams -- both east and west. I can see the Lames don't have any idea what they're talking about. Perhaps it's the fact that most of them are thugs, especially Kiprusoff and Phaneuf. Who knows?

Guest Tunbo Batman

Hmmm....well at least our playoff games are sold out. Bandwagoners? Yup....we've got 'em. So do the wings. All Canadian hockey fans are overrated, ignorant and bandwagon juumpers? Generalize much? Our regular season record may make us under-achievers but I'm not sure you should be crowing over the incredible post-season achievements your successive conference / league regular season titles have earned you. I guess this is why we'll go ahead and play the games over the next couple of weeks.

PLAYOFF ROUNDS CLEARED BY CALGARY SINCE 1990 : 3

PLAYOFF ROUNDS CLEARED BY DETROIT SINCE 1990 : 20

as a resutl,

playoff sellouts by detroit since 1990 = many

playoff sellouts by calgary = really not quite as many

is really what i meant to say. your season underachieveing and your playoff NONEXISTENCE are what make you underachievers. and yes, canadian fans AS A WHOLE are overrated, which doesnt mean that every single one of them is.

Edited by Tunbo Batman

Enough with this Hasek babble. Here are the real unspoken advantages for Calgary:

1) The schedule

2) Bertuzzi out for game 1, maybe longer?

3) The schedule

We'll just let our play do the talking ;)

Well said :clap:

Honestly though, I know talking s*** about the other team is part of the playoffs, but I am surprised that Calgary is letting this trash talking be heard. Do they really want to give the wings another excuse, besides be ousted by them in 04', to get pissed?

I remember after blowing a 2-0 series lead to against Nashville, vokoun called the Wings cocky. Look what happened after that. They didn't win another game. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Enough with this Hasek babble. Here are the real unspoken advantages for Calgary:

1) The schedule

2) Bertuzzi out for game 1, maybe longer?

3) The schedule

I'm hoping the rumors that Regehr has a slight knee ailment are true. You know Regehr is a tough, solid guy and he's going to play but if he's hobbled at all and now that we've got guys like Calder and Bert and Franzen who won't hesitate to put a lick on Regehr, we just might agitate that ailment of his to the point of lessening his effectiveness in this series. We'll need it as Phaneuf is going to be enough trouble for us back there.

Well said :clap:

Honestly though, I know talking s*** about the other team is part of the playoffs, but I am surprised that Calgary is letting this trash talking be heard. Do they really want to give the wings another excuse, besides be ousted by them in 04', to get pissed?

I remember after blowing a 2-0 series lead to against Nashville, vokoun called the Wings cocky. Look what happened after that. They didn't win another game. :rolleyes:

Stupid Vokoun, Why would he call the wings cocky if the preds had a 2 game lead on us , i never understood that.

Oh , and I love your avatar

First line Dats, Kocur, Probie.... oops they don't play any more.

And yes Dats would still set them up with open nets. :P

If we had a line like that, Joey and Bob wouldn't even need to be set up.

They'd simply KO everybody on the ice and leave Dats the one-on-one! :thumbup:

Guest GordieSid&Ted

If we had a line like that, Joey and Bob wouldn't even need to be set up.

They'd simply KO everybody on the ice and leave Dats the one-on-one! :thumbup:

Maybe our second line could be Randy McKay, Basil McCrea and Darren McCarty. I believe they were all wings at one time. You could call it the McDonald's special, Triple Big Mac line.

Or we could toss in a side of Jim Cummins and Dennis Vial.

Ugghhh. The mere fact that Jim Cummins once defiled the great Wings uniform by suiting up for us makes me ill.

this is the crap im talking about,.... does anyone have anything on calgary?

IPB Image

If I do recall, Iginla had a monster game against us a few years back but he made the mistake of fighting Shanny and man was his face a friggin bloody mess. If anybody can find that pic of Iginla's tore up face with that terrible hair do of his i'm sure somebody could do something creative with it.

I dunno, maybe something akin to Iginla looking like Tupac or something and how the Flames are gonna go down a bloody mess.

ehhh....s***, that's not nearly as funny as the Nacho Langbre. I have to admit, that's ******* hilarious.