• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Nashville's Playoff Behaviour

Rate this topic

So Cheechoo being able to play erases your player's s***ty cheapshot attempt at taking him out of the series? Nice logic there.

I saw the game clearly and all the replays, Radulov ran a guy into the boards from behind, period. Cheap hit is all it is, and any of you kooks thinking you know who "intended" to do what are just fooling yourselves. It's not like this is the first damn hockey game these boys have played. They know when they should and should not drive someone into the f***in' boards. Everytime something like this happens all we hear about from the Nashville lawyers is "intent". No one will ever know the real intent of Radulov's, or Hartnell's or TooToo's cheap actions. All we have to go by is what actually happens on the ice, and building up steam to crunch a player who has been turned away from you the whole time into the boards is definitely a cheap f***in' hit any way you slice it.

The only thing getting more ridiculous every day is your reputation as a knowlegeable poster on these boards.

esteef

:clap::clap:

how come certain people like Turretin are able to respond to a post and argue a point without being crazy about it? Disagrees with my assessment of Forsberg's diving call, but doesn't have to go over the top criticizing me, the preds or other preds fans. I can take that all day long.

Don't let it get to you. If you want, I will start a thread defending Lang, and you can see a lot of people turn on me. Some people in here would eat their own young if one of them took a different view on a game.

Wouldn't you agree that NSH has done some press talking about how they enjoy being "bad boys?"

What "rhetoric" are we talking about here? Yours?

"Sharks coach Ron Wilson told TSN that Cheechoo wanted to return to Game 1. Wilson said he's confident Cheechoo will play again in the series." What San Jose actually said

what about everything else he said? and how adamant the sharks were about Hartnell's elbow knocking out cheechoo's tooth, show me one replay that shows Hartnell's elbow coming up? he didn't get cheechoo in the head at all, he lost the tooth when he hit the ice.

Don't let it get to you. If you want, I will start a thread defending Lang, and you can see a lot of people turn on me. Some people in here would eat their own young if one of them took a different view on a game.

Wouldn't you agree that NSH has done some press talking about how they enjoy being "bad boys?"

I would help you defend Lang. As s***ty as he's played lately, I still like him.

esteef

What "rhetoric" are we talking about here? Yours?

"Sharks coach Ron Wilson told TSN that Cheechoo wanted to return to Game 1. Wilson said he's confident Cheechoo will play again in the series." What San Jose actually said

I will try to find it, but one of the pre-game articles had him quoted as saying "At this point, I am just hoping he [Cheechoo] will return for the playoffs" Again, without a source, I know my word may mean jack, but I'll look around.

what about everything else he said? and how adamant the sharks were about Hartnell's elbow knocking out cheechoo's tooth, show me one replay that shows Hartnell's elbow coming up? he didn't get cheechoo in the head at all, he lost the tooth when he hit the ice.

The replays and the still shots are already on this board showing the elbow coming up, YOU go find them. Just keep repeating stuff over and over until you believe it huh?

esteef

I think most of that is in reponse to so many people talking about how small and weak the preds are, how they can't hang with teams like Dallas, Calgary and San Jose in the physical department. It's more of like, "well, if they want to push us around we'll be here for it and we don't have any problems pushing back".

it just gets old listening to a lot of the responses on here. People see Bertuzzi or Calder running over a goalie and it's great, it's just hard nosed hockey, crashing the net and it's applauded and accepted because it's something that detroit fans haven't been used to the past few seasons. And the current hot topic, Markov jumping into a pile. If it had been a flames player, everyone would be talking about how dirty that guy was for jumping in. It's the double standard that gets me.

I think most of that is in reponse to so many people talking about how small and weak the preds are, how they can't hang with teams like Dallas, Calgary and San Jose in the physical department. It's more of like, "well, if they want to push us around we'll be here for it and we don't have any problems pushing back".

it just gets old listening to a lot of the responses on here. People see Bertuzzi or Calder running over a goalie and it's great, it's just hard nosed hockey, crashing the net and it's applauded and accepted because it's something that detroit fans haven't been used to the past few seasons. And the current hot topic, Markov jumping into a pile. If it had been a flames player, everyone would be talking about how dirty that guy was for jumping in. It's the double standard that gets me.

There is a double standard, but you are overstating your point, which weakens your argument. Most of the regulars would not compliment a true run of a tender (I do not think Cleary actually ran Kipper, just braced himself for the inevitable). Also, most regulars really don't like cheapshots from us or the other team. Detroit really is one of the cleanest teams in the league. Wouldn't you concede that?

Further, I was talking about the NSH rhetoric defending Tootoo, I feel like they enjoy being agitators and kind of have a small mans complex. They won't fight you, but they will push the limits of clean hits. (Notice, I said push the limits, not break them).

Boy the rhetoric sure is thick in THAT statement. :lol:

Are you kidding me esteef? The playoffs are 2 months long, he is saying he's not sure if Cheechoo can return for the remainder of the playoffs, and the kid plays without a brace the day after that comment. You don't think that was over the top???

THREE flames were on top of Cleary, that's why Markov jumped in. TooToo jumps people from behind who are trying to square off like men.

And has Bertuzzi or Calder boarded anyone since coming to the Wings, or how about take somebody's knee out? No?

next...

There is a double standard, but you are overstating your point, which weakens your argument. Most of the regulars would not compliment a true run of a tender (I do not think Cleary actually ran Kipper, just braced himself for the inevitable). Also, most regulars really don't like cheapshots from us or the other team. Detroit really is one of the cleanest teams in the league. Wouldn't you concede that?

absolutely Detroit is a very clean team. But like you said, I overstate my points. on the flip side a lot of people here overstate their points when they are trying to tear down another team. So it's all fair.

Are you kidding me esteef? The playoffs are 2 months long, he is saying he's not sure if Cheechoo can return for the remainder of the playoffs, and the kid plays without a brace the day after that comment. You don't think that was over the top???

No. I think he didn't want to make a firm statement about the return of his star player until he heard what happened with the MRI. Perfectly reasonable to me.

esteef

Edited by esteef

THREE flames were on top of Cleary, that's why Markov jumped in. TooToo jumps people from behind who are trying to square off like men.

And has Bertuzzi or Calder boarded anyone since coming to the Wings, or how about take somebody's knee out? No?

next...

Neither Bert nor Calder have played a real agitators role on the Wings (that I have noticed). Also, I think what the flames did is look for a reason to jump a guy in a game where they were getting embarrassed. I am not sure the incident that you are talking about in the SJ game, but I'd say if SJ wanted revenge, they should have sent 1 fighter after Hartnell, and required him to fight. Unfortunately, some of the s***ty new rules in the NHL are causing a lot of this crap.

absolutely Detroit is a very clean team. But like you said, I overstate my points. on the flip side a lot of people here overstate their points when they are trying to tear down another team. So it's all fair.

Winning minds takes being level, even when your counterpart is not. It's cool if you want to overstate, but don't complain then when people use ad homs on you and overstate how dirty NSH is.

No. I think he didn't want to make a firm statement about the return of his star player until he heard what happened with the MRI. Perfectly reasonable to me.

esteef

...and San Diego is literally translated as Whale's ******. :D Agree to disagree I guess.

I just wish the instigator rule was never invented because I feel like if Hartnall got his ass kicked a few times, he wouldn't stick out a knee or run a goalie. Having said that, I don't think the hit on cheechoo was an intentional knee. Last night in the Ducks Wild game, there was a similar looking hit behind the net.

Radulov is an amazing talent and I would absolutely orgasm if he was on the Red Wings. He shows up in the post season, and he isnt afraid to finish his check. And thats all he did, even though he should never have started the check. I think he is too young to have a reputation as a cheap player. If he has a reputation, I would be calling for his head, but he doesn't so to me it was a rookie mistake.

Tootoo is just a ***** and I would be happy to see Clowe, Bertuzzi, Moen, or the pain train kick his ass game in and game out. Let's just hope Ron Wilson tells his guys to drop the gloves.

thats what i'm saying, it's a shame that they have reputations. It's not something I want for them, but it's the truth. However, people shouldn't let past actions cloud their judgement on every single incident after that.

Why do you not post this stuff on the Predators forum when Predator fans talk bad about Bertuzzi and Chelios?

Edited by Jwo

thats what i'm saying, it's a shame that they have reputations. It's not something I want for them, but it's the truth. However, people shouldn't let past actions cloud their judgement on every single incident after that.

Well, I'd say your mischaracterizing the significance of "reputations." It may be a shame, but reputations are usually earned. If a hit appears questionable, it's likely to be viewed one way if committed by someone with a few misconducts under his belt and another way if he's the reigning Lady Byng winner. That's why repeat offenders get longer suspensions.

Why do you not post this stuff on the Predators forum when Predator fans talk bad about Bertuzzi and Chelios?

haven't really read any of that stuff lately. there really isn't much Bert discussion at all, and when we talk about Chelios it's usually based on his whining to the officials and you have to admit that nobody yaps at the officials as much as Chelios. But I think a lot of people on the Preds boards respect chelios as a player and wish that everyone on our defense could be half the player that chelios has been.

next...

I think that Calgary has a tendency to become as cheap shot as Nashville... I could be wrong, but I don't see anyone talking about what a punk as Iginla was being toward the end of that game. Hopefully, Bert will help with some of that extracurricular B.S.

I hope these two teams (Nashville/San Jose) keep kicking the crap out of each other... they will be nice and tired for us in the next round.

Bottom line is Nashville has a bunch of whiney wusses and cheap shot artists on there team... Foreskin, Tootoo, Hartnell and Arnott (I had no idea what a whiner he was).

I just wish the instigator rule was never invented because I feel like if Hartnall got his ass kicked a few times, he wouldn't stick out a knee or run a goalie. Having said that, I don't think the hit on cheechoo was an intentional knee. Last night in the Ducks Wild game, there was a similar looking hit behind the net.

Radulov is an amazing talent and I would absolutely orgasm if he was on the Red Wings. He shows up in the post season, and he isnt afraid to finish his check. And thats all he did, even though he should never have started the check. I think he is too young to have a reputation as a cheap player. If he has a reputation, I would be calling for his head, but he doesn't so to me it was a rookie mistake.

Tootoo is just a ***** and I would be happy to see Clowe, Bertuzzi, Moen, or the pain train kick his ass game in and game out. Let's just hope Ron Wilson tells his guys to drop the gloves.

I hope so too, if it means the preds keep wining 5-2 every night. You could tell all night that the sharks were just out looking for revenge. They got their road win in game one, and the pressure was off last night, so they could afford a little vengeance. Monday night is going to be interesting to see how the teams approach it, Sharks win and the Preds are stuck in a hole again which would be demoralizing. Preds win and their momentum just keeps building. Can't wait!!

I think that Calgary has a tendency to become as cheap shot as Nashville... I could be wrong, but I don't see anyone talking about what a punk as Iginla was being toward the end of that game. Hopefully, Bert will help with some of that extracurricular B.S.

I hope these two teams (Nashville/San Jose) keep kicking the crap out of each other... they will be nice and tired for us in the next round.

Bottom line is Nashville has a bunch of whiney wusses and cheap shot artists on there team... Foreskin, Tootoo, Hartnell and Arnott (I had no idea what a whiner he was).

How do you get Arnott into that group? I agree that the others have a reputation for one thing or the other, but Arnott??

The only thing getting more ridiculous every day is your reputation as a knowlegeable poster on these boards.

esteef

I disagree there. He's earned his reputation just fine. Of course I think his defense of the Preds' actions is insane, all I can do is point to the Predaganda:

A message from the loony bin

Ok, I'll give you that (but only because you started out with a clever ribbing).

Man, we are not even playing the Preds but still devote a lot of energy to them.

I sure hope we play them. It would be a dream matchup...and in my opinion...to be the best you gotta play the best. I'd like to see that for a Round 3 matchup. Everyone here gets very fired up about Nashville!

I hope there's a Wings-Preds series as well.

and for anyone who says that it's not a rivalry, you might want to count the number of threads on the first page dedicated to the preds. All in the middle of your own playoff series with calgary I might add.

You could tell all night that the sharks were just out looking for revenge. They got their road win in game one, and the pressure was off last night, so they could afford a little vengeance.

Oh please. Radulov boarding Bernier had nothing to do with it right? If they were just looking for revenge and didn't care about winning the game, Hartnell would've been picking up teeth at the puck drop.

esteef

like I said, watching the actual events with an objective eye and not based on reputation is how to determine what actually happened, not just words on a scoresheet...

No Suspension for Hartnell

the misconducts were unwarranted. On ice refs were overruled after review.

Would've been a different ruling had Cheechoo not skated in Game 2 IMO.