• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JSchlenske

Bertuzzi to play Game 3

Rate this topic

Came across this. Couldn't read the full article due to having to sign up, but it is on the link page

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=SPORTS05

Photo

Helene St. James' blog

Bertuzzi to play Game 3

Updated at 9:20 p.m.: Red Wing Todd Bertuzzi will make his playoff debut as a Red Wing during Game 3. | StoryChat 18 Comments

Edit:

Article

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...twQc8mEtwTDs%3D

Hudler scratched.

Edited by JSchlenske

:clap::clap::clap:

Great news! :siren:

alrighty then, the $64,000 is who gets the bench?

9 to 1 says it's Rex =/

Edit: Said Hudler instead of Rex.

Edited by Vincanni

Yep just read the update, No Rex, what does Sammy do other than run up Kipper's Save percentage and take dumb penalties. I know, I know beating a dead horse here. Here's hoping Sammy has a night like he did at Chicago rather than be a black hole in our roster when standing next to Lang. At the very least I'd like to see him use those 30-40 pounds of weight he has over Rex to something other than a counter weight for chest shots.

The fourth line has played well, why mess with it? When you look at the first two games the Lang/Sammy/Calder line has been least effective. I was afraid they would scratch Rex because Sammy is so valuable at the point during the powerplay (for the love of God I hope you can understand the sarcasm). I think Rex would provide more upside playing sparingly than Sammy, but like a trooper my full support will be with Sammy tonight. Go Wings!

This thread should be called 'Hudler out for game 3' because nobody seems to give a s*** that Bertuzzi will be coming in. Wake up folks, if we're going to make a long playoff run, Bertuzzi is going to have to be apart of this lineup.

This thread should be called 'Hudler out for game 3' because nobody seems to give a s*** that Bertuzzi will be coming in. Wake up folks, if we're going to make a long playoff run, Bertuzzi is going to have to be apart of this lineup.

Not at the expense of a guy with two points in the first two games. He's made plays. He hasn't made mistakes. He's part of the 2nd most effective line so far. We need all our lines producing, like the 4th has been so far, if we want to go anywhere.

Babcock needs to never mention the word accountability again.

Ummm. I'm very happy that Bert is back. I do however think it's BS that Huds gets benched when he's been great the last half of the season, and his first couple playoff games so far. Fair is fair, and Huds getting benched is very unfair.

Babcock needs to never mention the word accountability again.

Exactly. Its a complete sham that Hudler is out over Sammy. Babcock shouldnt rail on about accountability and players putting themselves out of the lineup if hes going to decide for them anyways. Hudler has outplayed Samuelsson throughout much of the season and easily into the playoffs. Say what you want about size and experience, but Hudler is actually using all of his 5'8 frame to get the job done while Sammy wastes away on the Point.

Samuelsson better get his ass in gear tonight. Hes gotten a break and he better use it wisely to prove to Babs that he made the right choice.

Yep just read the update, No Rex, what does Sammy do other than run up Kipper's Save percentage and take dumb penalties.

Turn the puck over. Repeatedly.

This is a total bulls*** move. Bench the rookie who's played hard and well (2 pts in 2 games) in favor of the floating WIMP whose one career playoff point came when he fell on his ass and Zetterberg took the puck. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

I've never been a big Hudler supporter, and I'm still not "sold" on little Jiri. But it's absolute garbage that he has to sit. He was working hard, and alongside Flip and Franzen, that line was creating lots of energy and coming up with some timely goal-scoring.

agree 100% about Hudler deserving a spot over sammy. Bulls***... Sammy has already almost cost us a goal on the point during the PP. And what has Huds done??? Put up two pionts in his first two playoff games while helping his line sustain pressure in the offensive all the while playing sound defense.

Why doesn't he just play Lebda Lids and Scneider on the PP???? Seriously Chelios would be a WAY better choice than sammy.

sammy better get his ass in gear and show us why he should be in the lineup over Huds.