• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNutt

Mick and Ken Game 3

Rate this topic

I was just wondering what the heck was Mickey thinking last night, I usually love how he calls games He always says whats on his mind and is always calling stuff the right way, but last night I got so sick and tired of hearing about Iginlia and how many seconds he was on the ice without Nick and blah blah and how many shots hes had and how deadly he is on the puck and how he is one of the best players in the league and so on.

I know Mickey and Ken are fair and not bias at all comapared to other home network call teams, but still last night got alittle excessive on the Jarome talk.

anyone else feel the same way??

I know Mickey and Ken are fair and not bias at all comapared to other home network call teams, but still last night got alittle excessive on the Jarome talk.

In the end it was kind of prophetic, wasn't it?

In the end it was kind of prophetic, wasn't it?

yeah its almost like, they talked about him so much then he gets a beautiful goal. What a pain. I hope we come out strong on thursday we should have had that game last night.

bad calls and all.

i would of much rather hear him comment on the game then watch the canadian broadcast that just keep praising the flames consistently, trust me you guys dont know how good you have it lol , at least our guys are biased , the cbc commentators didnt even bring up the fact that the wings were hooked and the flames should of been penalized on the game winning goal ..........heck even my sister who barely watches hockey saw that play last night and brought it up this morning .......pathetic, on a plus note though lidstrom had a bad game so whats the chances he has another one right ?? and zetterberg has yet to register a point , probably due to the fact he didnt play in the last 20 games of the season , so he's due

HTG I could care less about the talking heads during a game (except Crisp - he is painful). I get all the feeds and watch CBC cuz hands down they have the best picture (I get artifacts on FSN at the top of the glass tho it could be my feed) and best production - they know how to do hockey. I was switching around last nite and dont know how many times FSN missed faceoffs cuz they were showing the bench or something else.

And intermission? 2nd FSN gave Babs towards the end - MacLean had Stevie on for like 6 minutes or so - WINNER! And JR is trying his best on the TSN intermissions - so far hit and miss. Panger and Dragger always excel.

Here's the thing... Mickey makes mention of the things he sees on the ice because he has played the game and sees the things that maybe we don't. That is why he is there. He saw something that was telling to him... Iginla was getting good matchups and therefore was able to make a difference for Calgary... It doesn't mean he loves Jerome or something, he just sees that the Wings are leaving Iggy open to make plays without Lids on the ice.

Here's the thing... Mickey makes mention of the things he sees on the ice because he has played the game and sees the things that maybe we don't. That is why he is there. He saw something that was telling to him... Iginla was getting good matchups and therefore was able to make a difference for Calgary... It doesn't mean he loves Jerome or something, he just sees that the Wings are leaving Iggy open to make plays without Lids on the ice.

I understand that he calls things like he sees it but, when they weren't even skating, all the topics were on Iginlia and not only the conversation but they went as far as bring up statistics on the screen of how many shots hes had his ice time logs and this and that. I as a Detroit fan watching the game on FSN Detroit don't want to hear about Iginlia all night long, I respect the guy and don't mind positive comments here and there about him but last night they took it a bit far thats all I'm saying. At the point where they kept talking about him the guy only had 2 shots on goal in two games and they were both backhand shots, and they just kept going on and on about what he can do and how deadly he CAN be. We'll in that case alot of Red Wings CAN be a real threat but thier not talking about Datsyuk or Zetterberg or guys like that.

No big deal I was just wondering if anyone else sensed a Jarome Iginlia love fest going on. and if you ask me Iginlia was playing like a dirt bag in Detroit, trying to play tough guy with Zetterberg for no good reason.

HTG I could care less about the talking heads during a game (except Crisp - he is painful). I get all the feeds and watch CBC cuz hands down they have the best picture (I get artifacts on FSN at the top of the glass tho it could be my feed) and best production - they know how to do hockey. I was switching around last nite and dont know how many times FSN missed faceoffs cuz they were showing the bench or something else.

I thought the CBC bias showed through in the replays as well, especially on the Cleary hit/Draper goal. I feel like they only showed one replay of the hit, or at least only one angle. If it had been Phanuef landing the hit, instead of taking it, they would have shown it from every different angle they had throughout the rest of the game. Instead they showed 30 seconds of Phanuef looking groggy, which was fun too I guess.

I don't have CBC anymore, but I seem to recall always preferring CBC to ESPN when I used to live in Detroit. But this year and last year during the playoffs, when Vs. has shown CBC feeds I find they have several of the same problems as NBC and Vs. Last night, they missed several face-offs while either showing close-ups or graphics, and often chose camera angles that were as bad as anything I've seen on Vs. or NBC. Added to the biased production team, I'm actually finding myself preferring the Vs. broadcasts. Plus, it doesn't seem to help that the wings have lost nearly every time Vs. has shown a CBC feed.

Mickey is not used to traveling all the way out to Calgary to begin with. He has that stomach condition or whatever it is, and probably wasn't feeling very well.

CBC and the others always seem to have a better feel for the game then FSN, especially when they show games at The Joe. I swear, sometimes I watch games on FSN and they must have their mics turned down or something, because I know the crowd is not that quiet. It's a shame that the presentation from FSN isn't very good, because Mickey is hands down one of the best commentators in the league.

I think the CBC bias everyone is talking about is simply this. The proper way to keep your ratings high. Seriously, who is watching more hockey, Canadians or Americans? That's right, Canadians are, so of course the broadcasts are going to show bias to the Canadian teams, nothing but marketing.

No big deal I was just wondering if anyone else sensed a Jarome Iginlia love fest going on. and if you ask me Iginlia was playing like a dirt bag in Detroit, trying to play tough guy with Zetterberg for no good reason.

No arguements here... just know how Mick gets stuck on something like that. I feel ya'... I think I just miss hearing him on games since we moved to Ohio.

Iginla is definitely one of those jerks who likes to take shots on people when he knows he's lost the game... I hate that crap.

good discussion guys, but just incase someone read it wrong, I'm talking about the FSN feed, not the CBC one. I already know how bad they can be on CBC thats why I was watching FSN and was shocked at how much ass kissing they were doing towards Iginlia thats all.

anyways not that big a deal, I'm ready for game 4 and hopefully they have more to talk about this time rather than all about Iginlia.

FSN has been really trying to push these stats on us all friggin season. Personally I got tired of hearing every game about how the team had gone X number of games without being shutout. I was almost happy when it finally happened just so they would shut up about it.

FSN has been really trying to push these stats on us all friggin season. Personally I got tired of hearing every game about how the team had gone X number of games without being shutout. I was almost happy when it finally happened just so they would shut up about it.

Yeah, that is definitly annoying. Once the not being shutout streak ended, they did the new streak of how the Wings picked up at least one point in X number of home games. This is honestly one thing that has really gotten annoying lately with FSN. It's not like it's only mentioned once either, they'll mention it like 10 times a game!