• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pavyaz19

Despite loss - some positives for game 4

Rate this topic

As much as anyone, i want to blame the loss on Lidstrom's 2 mistakes, Hasek letting in a 40-foot wrister, or the refs missing EVERY freaking elbow, yet calling the phantom interference... instead, I'll state some positives. I thought DANNY MARKOV played excellent. Same for Schneider, i think we take him for granted now, but he was all over the place, bangin bodies and playing good D. Lilja made some nice plays, knocking down some of the Flames' centering passes.

All these guys played well and Calgary squeeked by with a win after a very fun "up-and-down" game to watch... I'm looking up for Game 4. If we can get set up and produce a couple more scoring chances, we'll be fine. Unfortunately, i'm feeling like we'll see an overtime period, but we'll prevail. (OT winner for Malts anyone?)

One bonus, if you will is that they got their cages rattled, and showed some grit... I ain't talking Ilya dropping gloves with Avery either ... I am talking about more than just Cleary's hit though.

I think the Flames saw something that they didn't see much of in games one and two.

Also, they outshot the Flames in another game. I know that any goal is a good goal in the Playoffs, but more chances in every game means something.

Iggy, played his best game so far. If this is really his best, they still need something else, a couple something elses if they are going to win this series.

As much as anyone, i want to blame the loss on Lidstrom's 2 mistakes, Hasek letting in a 40-foot wrister, or the refs missing EVERY freaking elbow, yet calling the phantom interference... instead, I'll state some positives. I thought DANNY MARKOV played excellent. Same for Schneider, i think we take him for granted now, but he was all over the place, bangin bodies and playing good D. Lilja made some nice plays, knocking down some of the Flames' centering passes.

All these guys played well and Calgary squeeked by with a win after a very fun "up-and-down" game to watch... I'm looking up for Game 4. If we can get set up and produce a couple more scoring chances, we'll be fine. Unfortunately, i'm feeling like we'll see an overtime period, but we'll prevail. (OT winner for Malts anyone?)

I understand where you are coming from, but I kinda look at it differently, while still keeping with the overall message of the thread.

I thought Markov and Schneider, while they threw some good hits, took some bad penalites and I don't think they played their best, along with most of the Wings team.

They almost won that game in spite of some struggles though, so that's an encouraging sign in my opinion.