• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sdwingsfan71

NO HEART

Rate this topic

Osgood in for game 5??I figure we give Oz a shot.Honestly, Hasek has,nt been even close to Kipper.PUT OZ IN!!!

Put down the pipe dude. they scored on twice 5 on 3(the first one had expired -- but might have well of been) and a deflected puck....

Thank God your not the coach.

I'm pretty amazed at the level of pessimism on some of this board. For it being an even series with 2 of 3 games left at The Joe (I'm guessing this goes to 7) I'm still decently optimistic they can pull it off. Heck yeah it was frustrating watching them throw away a 2 game lead, but they didn't get blown out either. The Flames (while I really don''t like them) are a pretty decent team and it would be foolish to expect the Wings to walk all over them.

My only worry so far has been special teams like a lot of people have mentioned. Maybe getting out of that insane Saddledome will help them get it together.

And Kudos to the Flames fans that have posted on this thread. Nice honest posts, no picking fights.

we had all the momentum going into game 3 and look how much that helped, seriously

Momemtum is simply something that happens in between games -- show me some facts here buddy.

Fact -- the series is 2-2

Fact -- our power play sucks right now

Fact -- Our penalty kill sucks

Fact -- the 2nd line started to produce

Fact -- Now babcock has two other issues to address -- see points 2 and 3

Fact -- the next game is at the Joe

Fact -- Kipper is outplaying Hasek

I can go on.... screw momentum -- this about what happens on the ice -- not some nebulous word

Momemtum is simply something that happens in between games -- show me some facts here buddy.

Fact -- the series is 2-2

Fact -- our power play sucks right now

Fact -- Our penalty kill sucks

Fact -- the 2nd line started to produce

Fact -- Now babcock has two other issues to address -- see points 2 and 3

Fact -- the next game is at the Joe

Fact -- Kipper is outplaying Hasek

I can go on.... screw momentum -- this about what happens on the ice -- not some nebulous word

Ok first of all how about you read the post i responded to where the guy claims that calgary has the momentum going into game 5, i was just pointing out we had momentum going into game 3 and look how that turned out.

Secondly if you really wanna cry about it

- The games at the dome were close, the games are the joe were blowouts

- Calgary is attrocious on the road

- they are still missing regehr

i agree with most of your points but dont just take my post out of context, read what i responded to

What might be happening, in my estimation, is that Detroit is playing a team that is fairly dominant in their building--because of match ups, the crowd, drugs, whatever--and they managed to hold serve just as the Wings, a team of similar dominance, in theirs.

Things that can be improved so we can win Game 5 (AT HOME): Work on the power play down low. The Wings virtually ignore the players at the goal line and on the half wall, and just look to set up Lidstrom or Schneider at the point. As became embarrassingly apparent last night, those lanes are most certainly blocked.

I'm not really worried about the PK that much. You get scored on 5-on-3 because it's 5-on-3, not because you have a crappy PK. It's the penalties that get you there--absolutely dips*** plays by Hasek and Schneider--that you can eliminate.

Sooo... The Wings can probably still feel good about being a solid home team and probably taking it to the Flames Saturday. If they do that, Calgary's home ice advantage evaporates.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Hey guys,

Another Flames fan here--just joined. You guys seem to have a great forum here, with a ton of good discussion. Hope I can contribute in a positive way.

Plenty has been said about the special teams, Calgary's road play, and those are all reasons to take heart. But I wanted to add my two cents, because it sounds like part of what is informing people's pessimism is the Wings' playoff performance in past years, especially last year.

Last year was an entirely different ball of wax. Edmonton snuck into the playoffs with a record that is quite a bit worse than Calgary's was this year. They changed their system, gave teams a different look and rode a hot goaltender to the finals, a recipe for success in any playoff year.

This year, there's very little to choose between any of the teams in the West. Detroit is a better team overall, but the difference isn't as great. With that said, Calgary was picked to compete for the conference at the start of the year--as it turned out, they didn't even compete for the division, as a result of an ill-timed slump and atrocious play on the road.

Which leads to the main difference between this year and last: Edmonton was an underrated, overachieving team. Calgary is an overrated, underachieving team.

I always keep hope alive. But I still like Detroit in six or seven.

Ok first of all how about you read the post i responded to where the guy claims that calgary has the momentum going into game 5, i was just pointing out we had momentum going into game 3 and look how that turned out.

Secondly if you really wanna cry about it

- The games at the dome were close, the games are the joe were blowouts

- Calgary is attrocious on the road

- they are still missing regehr

i agree with most of your points but dont just take my post out of context, read what i responded to

\

I agree with ya -- I think Momentum is BS. You may have it during a game -- certianly not from game to game and 48 hours later -- that's psychological baloney.

Exactly, the fans at the Joe can't even wear a freaking red t-shirt or something. They have to have commericals to remind them to show up with some spirt.

Personally for mean wearing red just doesn't flow very well with the whole Red Wave context. A bunch of guys (no comment on the females of the crowd) wearing Red and attempting to join the red wave... mildly disturbing ;)

Osgood in for game 5??I figure we give Oz a shot.Honestly, Hasek has,nt been even close to Kipper.PUT OZ IN!!!

You have my vote for coach bobby!

:lol:

neverthought i would say this and DON'T QUOTE... but Hasek is doing just fine (apart from my outburst after game 3)

Edited by OsGOD

Personally for mean wearing red just doesn't flow very well with the whole Red Wave context. A bunch of guys (no comment on the females of the crowd) wearing Red and attempting to join the red wave... mildly disturbing ;)

You have my vote for coach bobby!

:lol:

neverthought i would say this and DON'T QUOTE... but Hasek is doing just fine (apart from my outburst after game 3)

I know, I'm just saying it's something simple the organization asked of fans attending, and they can't even do that.

I know, I'm just saying it's something simple the organization asked of fans attending, and they can't even do that.

They would have to afford to buy tickets and attend first.... Mr. I should work on ticket prices before dictating what color the fans should wear. Or at the very least give out wavy towels that actually MATCH the color they are asking people to wear. Everybody wear RED but wave WHITE! The crowd would look more like a red wave while waving red towels over there heads (thus covering any color discrepancies) Now you have those that are wearing red (I did in both games FYI) getting nullified by their very OWN white towels.

Just making a joke... nothing more :P

Edited by OsGOD

Alot of this stuff is just a regurgitation of the obvious things that most people would be able to recognize. I keep seeing basically the same posts just from different people.

Can't say I blame you though. Who wants to read through everything so that we don't "build on someone else's foundation"? That would just take too much work :rolleyes: . Surely there were other aspects of the game we can discuss though? I'm not bitter, I'm just sayin' ....

On a lighter note, I think we should all just chill out a bit. I understand being passionate and all, but there comes a point when we can take things too seriously and then we take out all of the FUN along with it.

I'm thinking about staying off the boards until it's all said and done ('til Sunday at least).. It's hard to stay excited for your team when so many in your own tribe are being such a downer.

It's hockey. No matter how much you love it or worship it, it won't love you back or say thank you; but it will always be there ... at least until the next lockout. :lol:

Edited by Moosekatt

Guest Crymson

NO BRAIN.

This is why this thread was started. The Red Wings lose games. Deal with it.

PS: no insult meant up there; it just fit.

Edited by Crymson

Why is the Wings desire being questioned now? Because they lost?

The Saddledome is undoubtably the hardest arena to play in, in the entire NHL. What do you honestly expect here? The Wings can't win in that building, and really, not many other teams can either. This has nothing to do with how much heart the Wings have.

Now, if the Wings lost Game 5 at home, then I will fully begin to question the Wings having any heart at all. We'll wait and see what happens.