• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Wings fans acting like babies

Rate this topic

Guest Agalloch

Every post I've read from the original poster involves him flaming someone.

That being said, I agree with the fact that everyone needs to forget about the suspensions, and focus on the game tonight. But you sure came off as a dick about it.

Langkow must pay, and since the league didnt make him pay someone on the Wings needs to step up and take his sorry ass out. Not in a cheap way, just a good old fashion ass kicking by Bert or Lilja will do

Im thinking that the refs will be watching calgary close this game and keeping a tight reign.

I also think that the Wings are going to be fired up tonight. Bodies will be thrown, punches exchanges, goalies will be run...

There will be blood...oh yes, there will be blood :P

Seriously though, someones getting punched in the mouth.

I think that any punishment dished out isn't enough for some of you.

Suspending Playfair is the most ridiculous thing I have read today. I can't believe some of you are thinking that is a just punishment. A coach has never been suspended for something so minor. I don't even want to argue about it. Pull your head out of your butt and calm down. You cannot say for sure whether or not Playfair made Mclennan go out there and actively try to hurt someone. I cannot say for sure whether or not Playfair did not send him out to hurt someone. The evidence is very sketchy at best.

An increasing monetary punishment doesn't seem to be effective anyways. I think the amount the NHL fined sends the message. It's not a like a coach gets fined 25k and doesn't change anything because his threshold for changing is at 35k or 50k or 75k or whatever. If the fine was 10k then I could understand if you were upset because that is less than pocket change.

Of course I wouldn't like it if your back went out and slashed someone. Would I blame Babs? No. I would put the blame squarely on the player. How can you blame the coach for an isolated incidence? And if you do the rules state that a fine is in order not a suspension. And if you think the rules need to be stiffer, this incident is not enough to make them stiffer.

Some of you are over reacting so much it's quite funny. But I don't see the point in bitching and moaning now. The decision has been handed down the punishment has been received. I don't the Detroit players are as mad as your about it. They won't be thinking about it today as much as you are.

I think that any punishment dished out isn't enough for some of you.

Suspending Playfair is the most ridiculous thing I have read today. I can't believe some of you are thinking that is a just punishment. A coach has never been suspended for something so minor. I don't even want to argue about it. Pull your head out of your butt and calm down. You cannot say for sure whether or not Playfair made Mclennan go out there and actively try to hurt someone. I cannot say for sure whether or not Playfair did not send him out to hurt someone. The evidence is very sketchy at best.

An increasing monetary punishment doesn't seem to be effective anyways. I think the amount the NHL fined sends the message. It's not a like a coach gets fined 25k and doesn't change anything because his threshold for changing is at 35k or 50k or 75k or whatever. If the fine was 10k then I could understand if you were upset because that is less than pocket change.

Of course I wouldn't like it if your back went out and slashed someone. Would I blame Babs? No. I would put the blame squarely on the player. How can you blame the coach for an isolated incidence? And if you do the rules state that a fine is in order not a suspension. And if you think the rules need to be stiffer, this incident is not enough to make them stiffer.

Some of you are over reacting so much it's quite funny. But I don't see the point in bitching and moaning now. The decision has been handed down the punishment has been received. I don't the Detroit players are as mad as your about it. They won't be thinking about it today as much as you are.

Great post! :clap:

Guest Agalloch

Don't fret, the Lames fans will be gone after tonight, crying in the streets because of how their team of goons failed to win (what else is new?). I'm sure they'll have their hands full on their forums tonight.

Says the flames fan to the other.

My guess is if Hasek had done the same thing to say Lombardi, flames fans would be calling for everyones head from babcocks to haseks, to bernie the bird...

Of course you'll respond by saying "No we wouldnt, it's just hockey..." but thats only because youre defending the POOR actions of your team, and if you say "hell yeah we would be upset" then the hypocrisy would be obvious...

Flames fans would be no less pissed off, and thats a fact.

If I am the NHL, I am looking at the incident like so.

1. When did it occur?

Late in a game, when the game was lost by the offending players team

2. Was it provoked?

No, McLennan did this out of his own record.

3. Are there any past incidents for this player?

Nothing comes to mind.

4. Have there been any other incidents in recent NHL history to help gauge this one?

Yes, the Simon incident is quite similar. With the only difference being that the Simon hit was in the face, not the torso.

5. How important is this guy to his team?

He isn't a star, he didn't even play 10 games this year...

I agree with most of what you said, except for number 5, I think that the players status should be irrelevant, I don't care if it was the guy just called up from the minors for his first NHL game or the guy that leads the league in scoring, you CANNOT take your stick and make a two handed slash with it! This action should be unacceptable regardless of status. You cannot have people running around out there injuring people, possibly ending a career, and getting away with it just because they are a NHL star. The consequences should be equal for every player in the NHL with exception given to severe injures (i.e. consequences should be more if they injure someone severely)

Edited by Elshupacabra

Says the flames fan to the other.

My guess is if Hasek had done the same thing to say Lombardi, flames fans would be calling for everyones head from babcocks to haseks, to bernie the bird...

Of course you'll respond by saying "No we wouldnt, it's just hockey..." but thats only because youre defending the POOR actions of your team, and if you say "hell yeah we would be upset" then the hypocrisy would be obvious...

Flames fans would be no less pissed off, and thats a fact.

If it happened, it wouldn't surprise me based on Hasek's past with the fight in the friendly pickup game and his swing at Iginla.

Edited by normtwofinger

Fist post her at LGW but I'm having a hard time staying tight lipped and fingered on this cheap shot crap and how the past is always lumped in.

Not to rehash nagative vibes but can we all agree one and for all that Berts 'sucker' punch was indeed a sucker punch and diry but didn't break bones and ruin any careers, it was the 800 pounds of players falling on top on Moore that caused the real damage.

The punch was related to the end result but didnt cause it. Its like having a beer and running over a jogger at 3 pm on the way home from work. Some will say the accident had alcohol involved just to spin the s*** and get it all stirred up fot the sake of politic.

Geezus a 'sucker' punch is exactly that and I see them every regular season game and playoff game without exception. Unfortunetely Berts caused some damage and he has to deal with that but without a doubt he is a bigger and better person on and off the ice and shouldnt be defined by a 10 second lapse on the ice just as all these Clagary morons who lose their s*** for a few seconds shouldnt either. Sure they were all ******* moves but s*** happens and you hope like hell your stupidity doesnt cost you, your team or the opposition but the majority of the time it does.

I am as die hard Detroit as they come but playoff hockey is a different animal and all of us on this forum at some point in the heat of competition have all thought about blowing somebody up during a game regardless of the sport. It sure is fun if and when you do but when you go home at night and look in the mirror is when the realization of your action sets in.

You have your name and all the respect that comes with it right up until you decise to go 'chicken s***' for one simple moment in sport and then your left with all the fallout.

Let it all go just like the Wings have done and win or lose with class.

If it happened, it wouldn't surprise me based on Hasek's past with the fight in the friendly pickup game and his swing at Iginla.

His "swing" at Iginla was a non-swing. He was upset, but never came close to swinging his stick, and instead pointed at Iginla. If you would like, please compare McLennan's swing to Hasek's non-swing.

First off, I have been punched by someone wearing a glove, it doesn't "cushion the blow" as much as you might think. Example being if I hit you with a baseball bat it is going to hurt, if I wrap the bat in a pillow and hit you it is still going to hurt pretty bad, not as much w/out the pillow but either way I would prefer not to be hit. So yeah gloves on or off it can still result in a concussion.

Secondly, I will never defend Bertuzzi's actions against Steve Moore and still to this day don't hold a lot of respect for him. That said it was a very dirty play, but calling him "The biggest cheap-shot artist" is a bit off. How many dirt suspendable plays can you think of that he has commited other than the whole Moore incident?

Langkow should be suspended, IMHO it was worse than the Tootoo hit on Robidas and just as bad as May on Johnsson this playoffs.

Guest LivingtheDream

Many people figured Mclennan would get 3 to 5 game suspension. Well, he got 5 games. The slash was to the midsection, not the face like Simon's so he probably shouldn't have gotten any more than that. IMO, that's a fair suspension. The league, as wrong as it is simply doesn't suspend people for their actions, it suspends them sort of for their actions but moreso for the resulting injury to the player. Franzen is fine. Mclennan is gone. Done and done, move on.

Playfair gets fined. Great! Coach should get fined for not keeping his team under control. No complaints there.

Flames get fined 100K. Even Greater! Can't complain about that.

Now back to the crying game. Iggy didn't get suspended. Oh, boo freaking hoo. What were you going to suspend him for? Cross checking Matty? If so, we could have 75 suspension this series alone for cross checks. Suspend him for butt ending Matty? Okay, show me a definitive replay of him butt ending Matt. It doesn't exist because it didn't happen. He jabbed Matty in the side, big deal. Stop crying and being freaking babies about it.

Langkow doesn't get suspended. Ehhh, i'm sort of iffy on that one. One part of me doesn't like it because it was a sucker punch and should be a suspendable offense, plus Lebs is gone for a game. Another part of me has seen all the scrums in this series alone and seen about 40 punches to the head or face by players on both teams and nobody has been suspended. Look, if they weren't going to suspend Byron Ritchie when he flew into the pile throwing a bareknuckle, haymaking right hand at Cleary who was down on the ice with Stuart on top of him, then they aren't likely to suspend anybody for a punch like that. If the punch isn't flagrantly obvious like Tootoo on Robidas or Bertuzzi on Moore, then they aren't going to call suspensions for it. The league has no history of suspended players that i'm aware of for a punch like the one Langkow threw.

Calgary got a lot of discipline handed their way as they should have. But holey crap are the sad sack tears flowing and the homerism in full swing this morning. IMO, the league got it right. They punished the obvious (McLennan), they fined the Coach and organization and they let the rest go as it was hardly suspendable (Langkow is so borderline).

We need to move on and quit acting like a bunch of ******* because Iggy didn't get 5 games and Langkow didn't get 10 games. What on Earth would ever make anyone who has watched their fair share of hockey think that either of these guys was ever going to get suspended?

forgive me, i didn't get any action last night from the old lady, couple that with all the whining on here today and I guess I just had to vent.

please feel free to call me an asshat for calling you guys (you know who you are) a bunch of whiny homers.

Man, you are so god damn macho. Can you please gather up some of your underam sweat (the sweat you work up when posting on LGW) bottle it and send out to all the whiners so we can sniff it and all be as bad ass as you are?

The Flames are the Oakland Raiders of hockey. They get beat in play so they try to hurt players. I wouldn't even waste responding to idiot flames fans who try to justify the actions last night. They're not bright enough to know right from wrong, so arguing with them is like ramming your head into a brickwall.... pointless

The Flames are the Oakland Raiders of hockey. They get beat in play so they try to hurt players. I wouldn't even waste responding to idiot flames fans who try to justify the actions last night. They're not bright enough to know right from wrong, so arguing with them is like ramming your head into a brickwall.... pointless

On the other hand it's hard to debate with some of you because you're so closed minded, thinking the wings are holier than thou. At least i've kept my mind open and agree to an extent that some players acted completely wrong.

Edited by normtwofinger

Go back to the hole. Hasek's incident is three years old, it's done and over with as will this whole incident in three years if not less. Besides do you know the whole story behind the in-line incident or is it jst desperate digging for dirt? He never swung his stick at Iginla he stopped(show me a video of him "swinging" his stick). Take a page out of Burnimator's(sp?) book and not be such a troll. All you have done is blamed the Wings and it is there fault it happened, atleast Burnimator is objective and can fault some of the actions of the Flames.

Go back to the hole. Hasek's incident is three years old, it's done and over with as will this whole incident in three years if not less. Besides do you know the whole story behind the in-line incident or is it jst desperate digging for dirt? He never swung his stick at Iginla he stopped(show me a video of him "swinging" his stick). Take a page out of Burnimator's(sp?) book and not be such a troll. All you have done is blamed the Wings and it is there fault it happened , atleast Burnimator is objective and can fault some of the actions of the Flames.

When did i do that? and look to my previous post saying that i agree some flames players acted wrong. see what i'm saying about your close-mindedness?

Edited by normtwofinger

On the other hand it's hard to debate with some of you because you're so closed minded, thinking the wings are holier than thou. At least i've kept my mind open and agree to an extent that some players acted completely wrong.

I stand corrected. :clap:

Definitely. I don't mean to call all Flames fans idiots. There are Wings fans who are idiots too.But fighting over this series in itself is pointless. I'd just ignore those posts if they get to you. Same with the Flames posts that may get to me. Arguing over it doesn't accomplish anything, so very pointless

Definitely. I don't mean to call all Flames fans idiots. There are Wings fans who are idiots too.But fighting over this series in itself is pointless. I'd just ignore those posts if they get to you. Same with the Flames posts that may get to me. Arguing over it doesn't accomplish anything, so very pointless

Yah it's stupid to let it get to you. But all fans must defend their team, even when it's difficult to in this situation.

I agree with most of what you said, except for number 5, I think that the players status should be irrelevant, I don't care if it was the guy just called up from the minors for his first NHL game or the guy that leads the league in scoring, you CANNOT take your stick and make a two handed slash with it! This action should be unacceptable regardless of status. You cannot have people running around out there injuring people, possibly ending a career, and getting away with it just because they are a NHL star. The consequences should be equal for every player in the NHL with exception given to severe injures (i.e. consequences should be more if they injure someone severely)

I agree with you somewhat. The only thing that was meant by my #5 was to bring into light that this guy should be treated no differently than a goon. He isn't out there getting tons of minutes, he sits the bench until someone needs to get hit. We can't say if Playfair did or did not tell McLennan to do something of this nature, but we can treat it as such, and it should have been.

His "swing" at Iginla was a non-swing. He was upset, but never came close to swinging his stick, and instead pointed at Iginla. If you would like, please compare McLennan's swing to Hasek's non-swing.

Please take off your homer blinders, Hasek DID swing at Iggy. No, it wasn't nearly as bad as McLennan, but is was a swing.

If we sent Quincey out there tonight to take out Kipper...you'd SURE AS HELL be angry. "Here Quince...here's your 2 minutes of ice time...now go take someone out" And the OBVIOUSNESS of the play was what made it so bad.

You are right, nothing that the league can do would be enough because it could only fall on McLennan, and McLennan was a nonfactor...and that was the WHOLE point -- the PLAN. So, no matter what the league dished out I was pretty much not going to be happy with it. But don't get me wrong. I'm embarrassed by your team more than the NHL. If the NHL doesn't seriously think up a rule change for this sort of thing I will be equally embarrassed by them. Maybe if Someone would show some remorse or something...come out and say it was a horrible thing to do...

And so now it's open season on players because the NHL just gave teams a free pass - as long as they use a player who they can afford to lose.

:rolleyes: What a surprise.

-------------------

I do want to add one thing. I don't expect you to *not* root for the Flames. I expect you to support your team. But c'mon admit that was an embarrassment. If Ozzie would have done that (my favorite player, mind you) I would wonder what they heck was in his head, and I'd be mad because that's not what we're about here.

I love Bertuzzi. I love him here, but I will not condone what he did. There's a difference between supporting a player/team and condoning a VERY bad decision.

Langkow should have gotten at least a game. It's one thing to get into a scrap with someone who is able to defend themselves. Lebda was so out of it that he didn't make any move to soften that blow. And for those idiots screaming "but he was asking for it, his check was intent to injure" try watching the video again. I'll give you it was a bit late and poorly executed hip check, but intent to injure it wasn't. 2 min penalty was the right call.

The problem with this is that not only is the suckerpunch totally bush league, the NHL's reaction to it is as well. People wonder why the NHL is now less popular than sunday morning fishing shows, well here's one of the reasons. Any other major league in NA would have come down like a ton of bricks on the flames organization, instead of a few weak fines and the suspension of a player who will never see the ice anyways. I've tried to get people to watch hockey, and one of the constant problems I have is the fact that many people view it as goonery on ice. With the league run the way it is, Im finding it harder and harder to argue with them.

And before someone comes in screaming about how I want to get rid of all physicallity, let me add that that is not my goal. If two guys want to square off, let them. I've got no problem with that, even when Fedoruk decides to have his face caved in again. they are big boys and should be capable of defending themselves in a fair fight (or of knowing when they shouldn't fight in todd's case). What we shouldn't see are sucker punches to the face or from behind. Those don't send any message beyond telling the rest of the world that the NHL is a blood sport.