• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Viperar

ESPN Picks

Rate this topic

And the Sharks has 26 regular losses, 5 OT losses. Thats a whopping one less than detroit had, yet 7 more in regulation.

And youre talking smack why?

I am not talking smack at all.

The poster said the Wings are the only team with 19 losses. I pointed out that wasn't true with a good nature jibe. I trust most Red Wing fans aren't *THAT* sensitive.

SI.com picked the Sharks too! Even the home-based paper the Detroit News picked the Sharks to win. Oh what a travesty! I guess they don't know jack squat about hockey either! Dimwit ignoramous a'holes! :rolleyes:

Who the hell cares this badly about these opinions people? I certainly hope not the majority of members in here. They are just PREDICITIONS, and they'll probably change in one direction or the other to an extent if the Wings or Sharks just totally come out firing on all cylinders these first two games.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

ESPN = a bunch of jokesters/IDIOTS.

Unless they pick the Wings of course. Then they're brilliant.

I'm betting Wings fans weren't saying these things when the majority at ESPN picked them to beat Calgary...

SI.com picked the Sharks too! Even the home-based paper the Detroit News picked the Sharks to win. Oh what a travesty! I guess they don't know jack squat about hockey either! Dimwit ignoramous a'holes! :rolleyes:

Are you guys starting to get the picture? Nearly everyone can see that the Sharks are just too big, too fast and too skilled.

Sharks in 5...

Are you guys starting to get the picture? Nearly everyone can see that the Sharks are just too big, too fast and too skilled.

Perhaps. I suppose we'll see what they're made of in the following weeks, eh? Stomping the Preds back into their hole is one thing, but the Wings are a decidedly different animal.

Of course, I'm not so arrogant as to think that San Jose is going to be anything like Calgary either. That's why our teams advanced and their teams didn't, right?

Always the underdog this season. Next.

There will always be a dominant team in each division and weak teams. And in the case of the Pacific and Central, there were 2 dominants. One has to be better than the other. Wings were better than Nashville and the Ducks were better than the Sharks. But they weren't alone beating up lesser opponents all year, they had divisional competition. And don't lump LA in with the Stars and Ducks.

I'd much rather play the Blackhawks 8 times a year than LA. That was my point.

And I wouldn't call the Ducks a 'dominant' team in their division. They had fits with some of their opposition as did Detroit in theirs. Nashville also ran into injury trouble down the stretch that made the fight for the Central less interesting.

My whole point was that regular season records mean nothing in the NHL these days. It's just like when the argument was raised about whether or not U of M should have played in the National Championship game against Ohio State. Florida got the nod because they had a much tougher division. And in the end it was a wise decision.

Your whole point about Detroit being a better team is based off their record and losing less than 20 games. But that doesn't mean a whole lot when you look at the bigger picture. Detroit plays in a much easier division than San Jose. And like many, many NHLers have said, playing on the Left Coast is extremely tough with the travel. Sure, Detroit is an EST team, but they still have it easier than western teams. Luc Robataille and Bob Errey have both have the privaledge of playing for the Wings and a PST team and they've both said that playing out west is much tougher because of the travel.

In the end, San Jose had 6 measly points less than the Wings and they played within a tougher division and had a worse travel schedule, so you can't say that Detroit is the favourite just because of records.

This is going to be a very tough series for both squads. I don't think there's an overwhelming favourite on either side and I won't be shocked with the outcome either way.

Edited by Hank

Guest nutz2u

All I can say is REMEMBER '97! :champs: We were the underdog all the way through the playoffs and absolutely noone picked us to beat the Flyers. Besides, the regulars on this board should know they all want us to lose cuz they be jealous :D

All I can say is REMEMBER '97! :champs: We were the underdog all the way through the playoffs and absolutely noone picked us to beat the Flyers. Besides, the regulars on this board should know they all want us to lose cuz they be jealous :D

IThe Wings should be the favorite....

....if they were playing the Flyers. :)

Seriously, there are good reasons to pick the Sharks going into the series. That isn't a slight on the Red Wings. A Detroit win would not be a surprise or a major upset even to those of us that favor the Sharks.