• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sting 11

POST GAME - Game 1 (4/26) SJ 2 DET 0

Rate this topic

Is anyone else not worried at all?

As HC said, this game totally felt like a regular season game. Even when SJ scored it didn't hurt that bad. For some reason I have no worry going into Game 2.

Worried?

Hardly :D I have a wife on bedrest until she has our kid in a couple months. This is hardly even stress inducing comparatively.

However, I'll be pretty sure about which way this series is going to go by the end of the 1st period on Saturday.

i haven't given up on him by any means. but i am getting tired of him. we need seriously to stop shooting from the point right into opposing players bodies and he is our most frequent offender (other than maybe sammy :P ) but please don't put words into my mouth.

Sorry buddy didn't want to make it seem like I put words in your mouth. My bad.

Yeah I'm not worried yet either. They didnt show me in any way that they are unbeatable. I am just a little frustrated becuase if we would have brought our"A" game we would be up 1-0 on them.

Is anyone else not worried at all?

As HC said, this game totally felt like a regular season game. Even when SJ scored it didn't hurt that bad. For some reason I have no worry going into Game 2.

Not worried at all either. This series just feels so weird and I don't know why. It didn't at ALL feel like a playoff game to me and that is odd because this series is suppose to be the most scary, and very nerve wrecking. But yeah not worried at all. Damn was the game BORING!

we're not 100%

homer isn't back yet

Z and dats are just warming up again

game two will tell us much more about this series.

i thought z and dats played pretty well. they just couldn't finish. and i definitely don't like calder on that line. i think babs wanted to keep franz, land, and bert together cuz the played well against calgary, but i hope for game two(if homer isn't back) we see franzen up with dats and z or filppula

i really hate the trap and i can't stand teams that play it. I know this is going to be viewed as overt homerism but as a hockey fan in general i have zero desire to pay a couple days earnings to go watch a game were one team gets ahead by a few goals and then simple stays back in there zone and plays foozeball all night. Granted the wings power play was unearthly awful but seriously the trap has to go if we're to attract new fans. I realize that just reeks of sour grapes after being beaten but i just don't think it should have a place in the NHL. This would be why i cheer for a team like Detroit who's know for having good puck postion then a team like jersey or the wild. Every year in the playoffs same damn dog and pony show,...trap trap trap.

Bad thing is the trap has gotten the Wings booted last couple of years. :zzz: Teams know if they can score first, Detroit (usually) cant beat the trap. Simple fix--score early and often. :idea:

While a win is a win is a win, I don't think there's any true Sharks fan that feels 100% comfortable with this win. Not in a best of 7 series.

The fact that we couldn't sustain an attack through the last two periods makes me wonder if this is a sign of things to come. Sure, the Joe to Carle pass was a beauty, and the Grier goal was a heads up play... but Hasek was all OVER the puck, as was Nabby (the best Shark by far tonight).

The one element missing was really physical play, and if the Wings bring that along with avoiding penalties, who knows.

Lots of hockey left!

Good luck to all!

While a win is a win is a win, I don't think there's any true Sharks fan that feels 100% comfortable with this win. Not in a best of 7 series.

The fact that we couldn't sustain an attack through the last two periods makes me wonder if this is a sign of things to come. Sure, the Joe to Carle pass was a beauty, and the Grier goal was a heads up play... but Hasek was all OVER the puck, as was Nabby (the best Shark by far tonight).

The one element missing was really physical play, and if the Wings bring that along with avoiding penalties, who knows.

Lots of hockey left!

Good luck to all!

and to you as well... good night everyone.

Here is the highlight from being at the game tonight... Sadly it happened at the end of the National Anthem:

Click to play video....

IPB Image

Here is the highlight from being at the game tonight... Sadly it happened at the end of the National Anthem:

Click to play video....

IPB Image

We were at the game too!!!!

That was a HUGE octopus too!!!

It probably scared that poor anthem singer!!

Click to play video....

IPB Image

there is so much history in that cephalopod, it really upsets me that Vs. makes no mention of it.

If you go to the Wings team site, there's a whole page dedicated to the history of the octopus, and apparently the record breaking size and weight thrown got no media coverage as well.

That was the most boring game everrrr :zzz:

I have 3rd row 1,3 detroit shooting end seats for game 2. It is a 8 hour drive for me to get to detroit. I sure as hell hope its not as boring and I dont have to watch the trap all night.

We were at the game too!!!!

That was a HUGE octopus too!!!

It probably scared that poor anthem singer!!

:lol: thats awesome!!!!

I saw the guy running down the asle and as soon as he whipped it out (god knows where he kept that sucker) it took him a bit heft it over the glass.

That thing was HUGE and I can just imagine how much was invested in that toss (Cost per pound and ticket price for a seat you won't get to sit in at all)

The octipus and the cheers really did throw her off her groove. Why was Karen Missing?

Wow! My game recap topic got deleted! How communist of you , mighty red god! I guess inteligence and debate are at a minimum around here.Oh, well...

recap is in the same category as post game.....

For some reason this game got no emotion out of me.... I just sat and tentatively watched the rest of the game, even going into the final half of the third..... I agree with many people here, after this game I am not worried, nor angry, nor disappointed.... it's weird..... Probably due to the fact that we played like crap as far as giveaways are concerned but still seemed to control the game in the last two periods.....

Another recap from those in attendance... The loudest moment at the Joe tonight.

2nd intermission when Al's ride along was a current Army soldier.... He drew loud cheers and a standing ovation! :thumbup:

Oh yeah and they had a raffle for those in attendance who got their red on. They gave away various signed items from various players on the team. My number was not called, I am skeptical if it was actually in the hopper :ph34r::sly:

recap is in the same category as post game.....

For some reason this game got no emotion out of me.... I just sat and tentatively watched the rest of the game, even going into the final half of the third..... I agree with many people here, after this game I am not worried, nor angry, nor disappointed.... it's weird..... Probably due to the fact that we played like crap as far as giveaways are concerned but still seemed to control the game in the last two periods.....

I actually had a new topic called " game recap" that got deleted by the mighy of this board... maybe considered too negative? Sometimes the truth hurts...

We didn't control anything , they just trapped us the rest of the game and that's all it took. It kind of reminded me of the '95 finals against the Devils.After that Bowman decided to master the trap, and he did...

Our PP is god awful. It used to be so good. Ah memories!

Our PP is QB'd by Sammy for most of it... We are posed to fail before the ref even raises his arm and the DUH DUH DUH DUH DUUUUUUUH music plays :)

Edited by OsGOD

Regarding the PP, we need to try some different approaches other than get the puck to the point and shoot into the traffic.

Case and point - the play where Lids snuck down, and Scheids passed/shot the puck to him for the one-timer. Had that been on net, it was a goal.

Right now, we're too predictable, and it's making it easy for the PK unit to defend us.