• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Datsyuk in the Playoffs So Far

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Our man Pavel is 5 and 6 for 11 in 12 games so far! I think it's safe to say he's broken his playoff funk. Quite a good investment, no?

Go Pavs!

If here is anyone prouder of Pasha than I am, I'd think it was him.

He's demolished the demons for good, and I can't find the words to say how overjoyed I am for him. I can't wait to see what else he's got up his sleeve for this round.

Pasha, I love you to death! You really are my hero.

even if he puts an 0-fer up in a game, whenever he has the puck, the other team doesn't for 10 seconds. No one can take it away from him. like mick said, "He can stickhandle his way out of a phonebooth"

If my math is right he has 11 points in 12 games correct? And NOW he has a point on THE ROAD, so that thread last week that was getting quite testy about Dats being invisible on the road seems kinda silly now doesn't it? :rolleyes:

The guys been playing a great all around game. It comes as no surprise to me and some others I'm sure. It's a team game and the whole team has stepped up and played great. As far as Dats goes, he's been awesome and let his play do the talking. Yet he still seems to be flying under the radar, which I believe to be a great advantage.

Pavel has been great and it was only a matter of time when he would get it going in the playoffs. :clap:

Last night I hoped he'd have made the score 3-0 on a couple of occasions to lessen the nerve-racking but anyway, he had another strong game.

Go Dats, keep it up! :siren:

Pavel unequivocally de-bunked the post-season slump! Toby_.ca is pissed

Huh? Somehow I am the leader of the Datsyuk sucks in the playoffs clan? I don't even remember talking about it too much. I probably stated on the past that he has been unable to get anything done in the playoffs, but that has been a fact, simple as that, nothing more, nothing less.

However, I am still not sure I like the fact that he was given close to $7 million a year.

Datsyuk has been deadly. I tried telling you guys early early into the season, when everyone was saying trade, trade, playoff no show blah blah.

Myself along with many many others on the forums,13dats, Kira, Bringback91, and others all defended him when others were doubting. Now I'm pleased to see a lot of the fans are starting to give him the respect he deserves.

Datsyuk is a one of a kind player and I'm glad he signed a new contract.

keep up the good work Pavel. :clap:

The points he's accumulated are great, but he has raised his entire game since the playoffs started. We all saw his hitting in both series', strength on the puck, small game wizardry with Zetts in tight spaces to get chances on net. Hell, I saw him go into corners last night against 2 San Jose players and come out with the damn puck! And that's after absorbing a hit or two.

Cheers to Dats INDEED!

:clap::clap:

esteef

I was one of the strongest advocators of trading Datsyuk when he was in his early season funk, not scoring or contributing much in the way of offense. After he and Hank were re-united and that line started clicking I could smell the crow roasting in the oven. Then the Dats-Z-Homer line became the best in hockey for a time and mom was setting the plates on the table and getting out my favorite crow-chopsticks in preparation. His new contract came and i nearly choked on the appetizers! I couldn't believe that it was 7 years, nor could I believe it got done BEFORE he had shown that he could compete in the playoffs. Once the playoffs started however it was obvious that my main course would be served, and perhaps I would even have to have a second helping.

I don't mind wiping my lips of this delectable roast crow at all, in fact I'm even warming up to the idea of the long term contract (provided there are injury clauses) because that is how we fans build a connection players on the team.

Given the choice in September I would have traded Datsyuk for Doan - straight up. Now I'm quite happy we didn't although I don't think we would have got "taken" in the deal, I'm happier that Dats has conquered his demons and is shining here for Babs in Detroit rather than toiling for Whine Gretzky in the desert.

I was one of the strongest advocators of trading Datsyuk when he was in his early season funk, not scoring or contributing much in the way of offense. After he and Hank were re-united and that line started clicking I could smell the crow roasting in the oven. Then the Dats-Z-Homer line became the best in hockey for a time and mom was setting the plates on the table and getting out my favorite crow-chopsticks in preparation. His new contract came and i nearly choked on the appetizers! I couldn't believe that it was 7 years, nor could I believe it got done BEFORE he had shown that he could compete in the playoffs. Once the playoffs started however it was obvious that my main course would be served, and perhaps I would even have to have a second helping.

I don't mind wiping my lips of this delectable roast crow at all, in fact I'm even warming up to the idea of the long term contract (provided there are injury clauses) because that is how we fans build a connection players on the team.

Given the choice in September I would have traded Datsyuk for Doan - straight up. Now I'm quite happy we didn't although I don't think we would have got "taken" in the deal, I'm happier that Dats has conquered his demons and is shining here for Babs in Detroit rather than toiling for Whine Gretzky in the desert.

:clap: my respect to you. BTW how tasty was your crow ? :P

It tastes good when we win; always. ;) I would love to be eating it still when Dats wins the Conn Smythe; he would be the first Russian to ever do so I believe, which would pretty much silence even the most vehement xenophobe. If he leads the team in points and the Wings go all the way, he would have to be considered as a strong candidate.

* note * I find myself wondering if Fedorov's departure via free agency had any bearing on Yzerman's insistence for locking up Dats long term. Perhaps the "wYse" one looks back and sees the Feds departure as the beginning of the end for that Championship team and in hindsight wishes Feds would have stuck around for a few more years. Hate him if you must LGW'ers; but in his prime Feds was dynamite in the playoffs and was a huge part of those 3 Cups we now cherish. I can't help thinking that if he had stuck around, he wouldn't have lost his focus or had the injury troubles which led to his decline. Stevie Y may have seen the similarities and the merit in gambling on a 7 year deal based on the mistakes made by both the Wings and Feds in past years.

Hope he remembered the barbecue sauce. It can be pretty dry and stringy without it. How, you ask, do I know this? Because my hubby and some of his friends, back in their drinking days, decided to cook a crow over an open camp fire one night. It was black, stringy and dry. Very hard to swallow. I wasn't around in those days, but that's the story I heard.

WingNutt, you and I (and Dmitriy) have always been on the same wavelength when it comes to Pasha. My faith in him has never wavered...not for one nanosecond. We three have always been his champions, his staunchest supporters, his cheerleaders...we have always believed. And our faith has paid off in buckets.

I love it. :D

Edited by Kira

Hope he remembered the barbecue sauce. It can be pretty dry and stringy without it. How, you ask, do I know this? Because my hubby and some of his friends, back in their drinking days, decided to cook a crow over an open camp fire one night. It was black, stringy and dry. Very hard to swallow. I wasn't around in those days, but that's the story I heard.

WingNutt, you and I (and Dmitriy) have always been on the same wavelength when it comes to Pasha. My faith in him has never wavered...not for one nanosecond. We three have always been his champions, his staunchest supporters, his cheerleaders...we have always believed. And our faith has paid off in buckets.

I love it. :D

I couldn't agree more, Kira. and I know Dmitriy feels the same way as well.

BTW I like the new Signature Picture also Kira "Raw Emotion" the look on Pavs face is priceless