Chelios changes his name?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Love Lidstrom

Love Lidstrom

Prospect

• 30 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:42 AM

Have you ever noticed how, whenever announcers or commentators talk about Chris Chelios, they always refer to him as, "Chris Chelios-Who-Is-Now-45"?? crazy.gif

So, in honor of this sanctimonious (is that a word?) event, we ask that he petition the courts to legally change his name to "Chris Chelios-Who-Is-Now-45". biggrin.gif

To all you hockey commentators out there: Yes, we know he's 45! We know he's the oldest NHL player right now! We get it!! (think Austin Powers - "I get it, I have bad teeth!") tongue.gif

I think I'm done now. Thanks for listening... smile.gif

WINGS GIRL

#2 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:44 AM

What about when he turns 46, 47, 48? However long he keeps playing. I don't think it would work. And it is quite a feat to be that old and still playing professional sports at such a high level still, which is why they do mention it.

Edited by RedStormRising, 09 May 2007 - 02:46 AM.

#3 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:45 AM

Looks like well have to petition the courts every year he continues to play in the NHL - its only going to get worse.

...Chris Chelios Who-Is-Now-56 passes it up the boards to his son, now in his 3rd year in the NHL.
It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#4 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:46 AM

Actually, yes.

His real name is Christos Kostas Tselios.

Posted Image

#5 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE(Love Lidstrom @ May 9, 2007 - 09:42AM) View Post

Have you ever noticed how, whenever announcers or commentators talk about Chris Chelios, they always refer to him as, "Chris Chelios-Who-Is-Now-45"?? crazy.gif

So, in honor of this sanctimonious (is that a word?) event, we ask that he petition the courts to legally change his name to "Chris Chelios-Who-Is-Now-45". biggrin.gif

To all you hockey commentators out there: Yes, we know he's 45! We know he's the oldest NHL player right now! We get it!! (think Austin Powers - "I get it, I have bad teeth!") tongue.gif

I think I'm done now. Thanks for listening... smile.gif

Very true...It's the fact that he's 45 AND that he's playing like he's 25 that is so amazing...

#6 Love Lidstrom

Love Lidstrom

Prospect

• 30 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE(YoungGuns1340 @ May 9, 2007 - 02:45AM) View Post

Looks like well have to petition the courts every year he continues to play in the NHL - its only going to get worse.
...Chris Chelios Who-Is-Now-56 passes it up the boards to his son, now in his 3rd year in the NHL.

laugh.gif That's great....ya I can just picture it.... "well the refs are reviewing the goal because they can't tell if the puck went in off of Chris' stick or walker..."

WINGS GIRL

#7 C-TownWing

C-TownWing

Little Ball of Hate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE(norrisnick @ May 9, 2007 - 03:46AM) View Post

Actually, yes.

His real name is Christos Kostas Tselios.

Funny, I actually thought that's what this was going to be about...

I don't mind that everyone mentions his age--they're just doing it because he doesn't play like it. When a player hangs on to a dead career beyond all rational thought <cough> Sean Burke <cough>, his age never gets mentioned because everyone pretty much knows that the guy's old. Not that they don't know that Cheli's old, it's just that people aren't as easily reminded of it by his play.

#8 Izzy24

Izzy24

Hmm...

• HoF Booster
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:02 AM

Sometimes an announcer will just say "Chris Chelios" and it makes me wonder, "yeah he has the puck, but how old is he?" So it's nice to have a reminder. rolleyes.gif

Uh, the guy...the guy across the street is swee...sweeping his driveway and he...he...heduzzntevinow.

#9 canucks1988

canucks1988

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:14 AM

true it seems like whenever they mention his name gotta slip his age in their

#10 06TJSport

06TJSport

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:38 AM

Yeah I did think this was going to be about the Christos Tselios to Chris Chelios change