• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bigjob

assortment of Duck fan comments

Rate this topic

After a couple years of outskating and outshooting the other team only to lose, I'll take all the ugly wins I can get.

Agreed. Maybe it's time it happened to someone else.

If you're expecting respect from that crowd, grab a Snickers, it'll be a while.

THATS GREAT! AHAHAHA

Could it be argued that...Dom stole this one for us?

I don't think it can be argued, i think it can be stated as fact.

Unbelievable performance by Dom, I just hope we don't ask him to do what he did last night every game this series

Yeah it was a rhetorical question LOL. Hell yeah Dom stole that one.

Can you remember the last time the Wings won a game like this one last night? In my opinion they were slow and off a bit, except their PK was superb, people going down blocking shots...absolutely wonderful. But otherwise, they were slow. It can be argued that both goals were lucky bounces...but when honestly was the last time the wings won a game like that? I think this is a wonderful sign.

Quick, someone sacrifice a Duck to the hockey gods.

I wish I played last night. I would have wrapped my stick around Perrys neck. As soon as Zetta got slashed I would have skated by Ryan Get-A-Life and told him watch what happens to Neidermayers wrist now...HACK MOFO... :devil:

Thats the dirtiest team out there. They can't rely on skill alone so they try dirty s***.

Wings win in 4.

Yeah I know that I would have gotten a ton of penalties, suspensions, fines and whatever else so what. :drunk:

f*** U BURKE.

Haha....we're even getting under your skin...that's when you know we're doin a good job.

At least we don't make excuses like that when we lose. SHEESH, lol that is funny what these so called fans can come up with.

Of course every fan of every team whines about the refing and certain players, but when we lose most of us admit we lost fair and square in my eyes anyway :)

Edited by 96Homer

Haha....we're even getting under your skin...that's when you know we're doin a good job.

Kind of like Holmstrom in front of the net LOL. Do they Ducks have anyone that would pay the price?

My buddy the Kings fan. Well, he's a Ducks fan now says to me; "Ugly, lucky, etc... goals from the Wings. The Ducks outplayed them, etc..." I say; "Wow. That's interesting that you only scored one goal." He says; "Well Dom played awesome that's for sure." I say; "Don't you think a team can create those bounces or chances where the puck ends up in the back of the net?" :)

Kind of like Holmstrom in front of the net LOL. Do they Ducks have anyone that would pay the price?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, of course they don''t, Holmstrom is one SKILLED hockey player, to deflect all those pucks, going a 100+ MPH, out of mid air, the Ducks in front of the net plays involve other things, such as: punching the goalie in the head and slashing the goalie in the neck. AND THAT WAS JUST GAME ONE! I heard that they have some eye gouging planed for game two and something that involves pepper spray for game three!

I'm embarresd as a fan of hockey to even watch this Ducks team "play". (if you can call it that)

That's why I'm not rooting for the ducks..even though they are a fellow californian team. Oh yeah and I hate Pronger. I'm confident you guys will win though. So far the teams that have played dirty have been eliminated. (Calgary, Nashville).

I think the wings wanted it more, while we took more penalties, turned the puck over more, had fewer shots and scoring chances. We played with more determination than the ducks. We killed the penalties we had to, when we turned the puck over we fought hard to get it back, we took advantage of our scoring chances. Yeah we did get some help on our goals, but JSG got lucky Zetterburg hit the post on that beautiful feed from the point. So I'm tired of hearing how we were outplayed and lucky. You don't win 9 games in the Stanley Cup playoffs relying on luck.

LET'S GO RED WINGS

Anyone catch Bab's press conference after the game? He said the one thing he heard from all his players was "no legs tonight". It was apparent. Thank GOD Hasek came to win, because the rest of the team didn't have it. I hope the Ducks make their adjustments based soley on last nights game cause all us fans know that was not the Wings we've known this postseason.

I must say it was a breath of fresh air to see all the Wings dropping to block Pronger's shot. The Wings will only get better for game 2.

Wings in 6

I think the wings wanted it more, while we took more penalties, turned the puck over more, had fewer shots and scoring chances. We played with more determination than the ducks. We killed the penalties we had to, when we turned the puck over we fought hard to get it back, we took advantage of our scoring chances. Yeah we did get some help on our goals, but JSG got lucky Zetterburg hit the post on that beautiful feed from the point. So I'm tired of hearing how we were outplayed and lucky. You don't win 9 games in the Stanley Cup playoffs relying on luck.

LET'S GO RED WINGS

It's obvious that the wings want it more. When they played the sharks, so many people were counting on the wings to lose...even when we had the two goal leads the wings never quit. That is what wins stanley cups. It's not necessarily all about skill, it's about heart and determination, which I can see detroit has a lot of.

Edited by SJCheechoo14

Yeah...because Detroit really wants to win a cup more than Pronger, Selanne, Giguere.....nice try, Ducks have more determination....we'll see come Game 2

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, of course they don''t, Holmstrom is one SKILLED hockey player, to deflect all those pucks, going a 100+ MPH, out of mid air, the Ducks in front of the net plays involve other things, such as: punching the goalie in the head and slashing the goalie in the neck. AND THAT WAS JUST GAME ONE! I heard that they have some eye gouging planed for game two and something that involves pepper spray for game three!

I'm embarresd as a fan of hockey to even watch this Ducks team "play". (if you can call it that)

That's what Vancouver and Minnesota said.....I'm actually happy you're saying that...keep on doing it...seriously

Yeah and you Ducks fans were posting before the series that Detroit was slow, old, injury-ridden and the faster, younger, more skilled Ducks would steamroll the Wings.

Here's my take:

Luck, Grit, Heart, and A Goalie Standing on His Head: 1

Speed, Youth, Size, Pronger & the Niedermayer Brothers, and Big Mouth Andy McDonald: 0

Round 1 goes to Wings...deal with it. We'll see what happens in Game 2.

Yeah...because Detroit really wants to win a cup more than Pronger, Selanne, Giguere.....nice try, Ducks have more determination....we'll see come Game 2

That's what Vancouver and Minnesota said.....I'm actually happy you're saying that...keep on doing it...seriously

Well "I'm actually happy" that your so proud of your dirty, faux, Disney created hockey team! :thumbup:

Anyone catch Bab's press conference after the game? He said the one thing he heard from all his players was "no legs tonight". It was apparent. Thank GOD Hasek came to win, because the rest of the team didn't have it. I hope the Ducks make their adjustments based soley on last nights game cause all us fans know that was not the Wings we've known this postseason.

I must say it was a breath of fresh air to see all the Wings dropping to block Pronger's shot. The Wings will only get better for game 2.

Wings in 6

Not to try and piss you off and make you think that I am another stupid Ducks fan who knows nothing about hockey, and when I say things here I try to say them with as much respect as possible because I know I am a guest, but I just want to give a counter view of how the Ducks fans could look at this situation.

The Ducks that you saw last night were not the Ducks that I have seen play this season. They were terrible on the PK and on the PP (credit the Wings). They skated pretty well 5 on 5 but this was definitely not their best effort. I also think that their 8 day layoff might have been a small factor and they might not have had legs tonight either.

As I said our PP is too predictable and everyone who has watched hockey before knew that Pronger was going to shoot from the point. I agree that the Wings showed hustle in sliding in front of him but sometimes hustle can cost you a mistake i.e. Francois Beauchemin sliding to block a puck and having it ricochet off of him and into the back of the net.

My only point here is that neither of us saw our teams play to their full potential and tonight I think Detroit wanted it more. I think this is going to be a long series and it could very well likely come down to game 7.

Here's to a good game 2

Yeah and you Ducks fans were posting before the series that Detroit was slow, old, injury-ridden and the faster, younger, more skilled Ducks would steamroll the Wings.

Here's my take:

Luck, Grit, Heart, and A Goalie Standing on His Head: 1

Speed, Youth, Size, Pronger & the Niedermayer Brothers, and Big Mouth Andy McDonald: 0

Round 1 goes to Wings...deal with it. We'll see what happens in Game 2.

I never said that...but yes many ducks fans did.

Well "I'm actually happy" that your so proud of your dirty, faux, Disney created hockey team! :thumbup:

Yeah I am cause I got tickets when the Ducks were disney-owned....and 2nd of all you would root for the Red Wings no matter how they played if you were legit which I think all of you are.

Yeah I am because I got tickets when the Ducks were Disney-owned....2nd of all, you would root for your team no matter how they played.

2nd of all, you would root for your team no matter how they played.

Well its one thing to support your favorite team, but its a different thing to be proud of they way they are playing...

In the Calgay series, after game 5, Calgary fans supported their team, but most of them were not proud of they way the team played

Edited by Elshupacabra

SCOOOOREBOOARD......

SCOOOOREBOOARD......

BE CREATIVE CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP

How do you know this after just 1 game?

Because Detroit has won 4 cups in 10 years....the Ducks meanwhile lost to NJD in 2003 and then unfortunately lost to a fake Oilers team last year in the WCF....also these guys are superstars(except Giguere) who haven't gotten what they deserve.

Well its one thing to support your favorite team, but its a different thing to be proud of they way they are playing...

In the Calgay series, after game 5, Calgary fans supported their team, but most of them were not proud of they way the team played

I'm proud of the way the Ducks played hockey last night....maybe not their physicality but I don't have VS so.....

It was fun when we were talking about the game on here instead of throwing out stupid insults in a not so creative battle of wits.

I've been trying to.......talk about the game that is :)

BE CREATIVE CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP

Hey no offense - but after 3 pages talking about a 2-1 game?

Please feel free to shoot it back in case of a Ducks 'W'.

:::::::EDIT::::::

make that 4

::::::END EDIT:::::

Edited by DaKineMaui