• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WCF Game 2 (5/13): Ducks 4, Red Wings 3 OT

Rate this topic

For those of you who don't have Versus, I'll give you a small snippet of their broadcast:

"Mmmm, Ducks, so biiiiiiiig...Pronger Pronger Pronger...mmmm...huge!"

I wish I was kidding.

Sounds about right. We're luckily spared the cockgrabbing and accompanying music.

Bertuzzi and the rest of them need to get rougher... last game the wings didn't nip it early and it continued. Hughson and Millen ugh... two of the biggest Homer Night in Canada guys.

I guess the SJ series gameplan is still in place -- suck in the first, bide your time, look for the right moment to strike.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to work against the Ducks.

Edited by Dabura

Yikes, that was a terrible period. We're totally being outhustled, outhit, outshot... out-everything out there. This period needs to be a 180-degree about face if we want to have any hope of winning. Lots of hockey left to play, but for the guy that does the "20 Minutes of Hockey" updates... I'd say we are minus one very large "CHECK".

C'mon boys. Couple posts saved us being in a 3 or 4-0 hole. It's only one goal, but damn... 6 shots on Jiggy won't do it. The puck won't have eyes for us every night.

Later,

Jeff

Also, just wanted to check... at what point did obstruction stop being called a penalty? If I see one more Red Wings forward wearing an Anal-heist defenseman when carrying the puck into the zone, I'm going to reach into the tv and smack the crap out of Schick and co. Fuggers.

Later,

Jeff

If the refs aren't calling it why not. Their checks have been clean, except they are taking a few extra jabs on the guys while they are down...so I agree we should start.

I guarantee that if we started taking liberties with the Ducks, they'd call us on it. We just have to work through it. I really didn't like what I saw in the first with apparent runs being taken at Dats right from the get-go. Could just be coincidence, dunno. In any case, it didn't amuse me.

Big thing is, we need to be able to get the puck out of our zone. The Ducks were having their way in the zone most of the period, making 5-on-5 look like a power play for them. That shouldn't happen.

Guest jaytan

not looking great out there

Holy crap, is that you CC? It looks like your arm for sure.

Edited by jaytan

This is the kind of atmosphere we got Bertuzzi for. He needs to step up.
A f***in' men... He still looks lost out there. Maybe he needs to beat the s*** out of somebody--prime the "nasty" pump, as it were :P

Also, just wanted to check... at what point did obstruction stop being called a penalty? If I see one more Red Wings forward wearing an Anal-heist defenseman when carrying the puck into the zone, I'm going to reach into the tv and smack the crap out of Schick and co. Fuggers.

Later,

Jeff

Pronger was obstructing all over the place last game. Some of it was borderline, but others, it was like he was an overcoat on a Wings player.

Pollock and Shick in the stripes tonight. Draw your own conclusions.