Photo
- - - - -

WCF Post-GAME 5 (5/20): Ducks 2, Red Wings 1 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#181 Zetterberg is the man!!

Zetterberg is the man!!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE(DyingAlive @ May 21, 2007 - 02:28AM) View Post

I hope this funk I'm in wears off by tomorrow.

I'm totally depressed from this loss.

Yeah me to. sad.gif
"Its not about toe-dragging, its not about skill. its about how BAD YOU WANT IT".
-Mike Babcock

#182 sWINGED

sWINGED

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE(OsGOD @ May 21, 2007 - 01:36AM) View Post

They have been around a lot lately... yes pre-game 5... where have you been?

um, been here two years before you arrived. welcome!

clap.gif

#183 spydrwebb

spydrwebb

Hockeytown West

• Gold Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:52 AM

great, so you've had 24 more months practice on how to be civil and respectful... i'd ask for a refund.

lose the attitude.
IPB Image

*live, love, learn... leave a legend*

#184 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE(sWINGED @ May 21, 2007 - 02:43AM) View Post

um, been here two years before you arrived. welcome!

clap.gif

Arrival time doesn't mean jack squat especially if you aren't around to observe the fact that said poster you are ripping on has been around posting a while before you noticed them

You can take those 2 years you have on me and shove it... frankly my dear... I don't give a damn thumbup.gif

QUOTE(spydrwebb @ May 21, 2007 - 02:52AM) View Post

great, so you've had 24 more months practice on how to be civil and respectful... i'd ask for a refund.

clap.gif It was probably CLEARANCE all sales final smile.gif

Edited by OsGOD, 21 May 2007 - 01:56 AM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#185 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE(Zetterberg is the man!! @ May 21, 2007 - 02:39AM) View Post

Yeah me to. sad.gif

Me 3. I wish they were playing tomorrow. This sucks. What a tough one to swallow.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#186 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,077 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE(Dynamo @ May 21, 2007 - 12:57AM) View Post

have you not really seen the obstruction all series long that isn't called?

You can ***** about it, or you can fight through it. Sorry, but the refereeing -- though it sucks sometimes -- has cut both ways in this series. Complaining about it reeks of excuse-seeking.

QUOTE(RedWingsFanatic @ May 21, 2007 - 01:16AM) View Post

Oh, and how quickly we forget. If not for Lilja, this game never even gets to overtime.

No, it probably does -- just at 0-0.

#187 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:17 AM

I knew Lilja would be exposed eventually--he the Wings defensive achilles heel like I said a couple of days ago... The call was a joke at the end --I called it 5 min. before..."watch the refs give them a pp at the end" and bingo!
Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#188 servo

servo

Where will we hang this one?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE(Duckette @ May 21, 2007 - 05:07AM) View Post

Bitter much? I'm not going to rub it in your face, but SOMEONE needs to give Jiggy credit. He played a great game, but all I hear is Hasek and Detroit. While Detroit outplayed Anaheim, 36 saves in consecutive games is impressive.

He played well, but not awesome. Last Thursday he was awesome. He was the difference maker then.

I am so god damned steamed, I can't see strait! Anyone of the last 2 games go Detroits way and there is no chance the Ducks win the series. Too bad we couldn't hold the lead. The Ducks were clearly dead in the water until Carlisle was given an early bonus check.
I know exactly what I'm saying, so that when I'm fired, it won't be a slip of the tounge. Everything I say, I want to say. Don Cherry

#189 Yc172

Yc172

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:31 AM

Me 3. I wish they were playing tomorrow. This sucks. What a tough one to swallow.

Thats what she said!

But on a more serious note.. it feels strange because im not very worried about our playoff lives. We have outplayed them, they are just getting the bounces.. hopefullly it will turn around in game 6
LETS GO RED WINGS

#190 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:33 AM

I am really sad about this loss.But im getting tired with some of people's excuses of why the wings lost, but the fact is we should have won game 4 and 5 but we didn't. I believe we can win game 6, Detroit knows what is at stake and will play with all their might! Don't stop believing, the wings are playing this playoff with soo much heart, they will show it more then ever on tuesday. Wings can do it!

#191 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE(Duckette @ May 21, 2007 - 01:07AM) View Post

Bitter much? I'm not going to rub it in your face, but SOMEONE needs to give Jiggy credit. He played a great game, but all I hear is Hasek and Detroit. While Detroit outplayed Anaheim, 36 saves in consecutive games is impressive.

Why should he get credit? He's a lucky fat ass that takes up so much of the net that he can make saves without actually moving. If he was to lose 10 pounds, use legal pads, and not have luck that's on par with winning the lottery, the Wings would light him up.

Edited by Kp-Wings, 21 May 2007 - 02:38 AM.

#192 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:54 AM

Thank God in heaven that I had my favorite band's concert tonight that somewhat steered me away from the depression of the Wings loss.

First off, this game was all Wings. I can't even believe it went to OT. They outplayed them in every aspect and I really, really think they deserved this win. Which is why it's even more heartbreaking. Nick was trying to block it and it went in. 40 freaking seconds left. UGHHHHH.

Secondly, putting Lilja as a scapegoat is complete BS. Way to turn on him after the brilliant post season he's having. He actually did the right thing with the puck, he had the right idea in his mind and it unfortunately slipped from him. Not his fault.

Lastly, anyone..and I mean anyone counting the Wings out is pathetic. This series is far from over. Ya know I am depressed, frustrated, and upset just as much as anyone is. Hell, I think I had a few tears streaming down my cheek..BUT I know this Wings team is not done. They are far from it. They've been in this position before and they know what they have to do to get the job done. This team has been fantastic and resilient and I guarantee they show that on Tuesday night.

Have faith, people. At least try to.

GO WINGS!!!!

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#193 bullocks

bullocks

Ultimate Playoff Performer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE(HockeyCrazy3033 @ May 21, 2007 - 04:54AM) View Post

Thank God in heaven that I had my favorite band's concert tonight that somewhat steered me away from the depression of the Wings loss.

First off, this game was all Wings. I can't even believe it went to OT. They outplayed them in every aspect and I really, really think they deserved this win. Which is why it's even more heartbreaking. Nick was trying to block it and it went in. 40 freaking seconds left. UGHHHHH.

Secondly, putting Lilja as a scapegoat is complete BS. Way to turn on him after the brilliant post season he's having. He actually did the right thing with the puck, he had the right idea in his mind and it unfortunately slipped from him. Not his fault.

Lastly, anyone..and I mean anyone counting the Wings out is pathetic. This series is far from over. Ya know I am depressed, frustrated, and upset just as much as anyone is. Hell, I think I had a few tears streaming down my cheek..BUT I know this Wings team is not done. They are far from it. They've been in this position before and they know what they have to do to get the job done. This team has been fantastic and resilient and I guarantee they show that on Tuesday night.

GO WINGS!!!!

are u guaranteeing a win? ohmy.gif
"I don't want my legacy to be about the numbers, or how many trophies I won. I want it to be that I was a competitor, and that my teammates believed in me. That's what's most important to me. That my teammates know, when I'm in the net, I'm the man, I'm the right person for them. And that I never gave up." - Dominik Hasek

#194 adtthosa

adtthosa

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:59 AM

The worst part about losing a game like this is that it's on your mind all day. It doesn't help much that it was an afternoon game either.

I'm really feeling that we will win game 6 right now though. Just thinking about the last couple of games, I can really see us coming out motivated knowing that we should have already won this series.

Oh yeah, anyone else think the ice looked really bad today? The puck seemed to be bouncing much more than usual, but maybe it was just my imagination.

Edited by adtthosa, 21 May 2007 - 04:01 AM.

#195 livediehockey80

livediehockey80

Best Damn Logo in All Sports

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:04 AM

Goddamn right!

There's a helluva good chance that Anaheim will be getting the Campbell trophy on Tuesday night.

Wings fans have to face that possible outcome. Losing a playoff series sucks but such is life.

QUOTE(YoungGuns1340 @ May 20, 2007 - 06:31PM) View Post

Didnt Forsberg redirect the puck in off the inside of his skate blade?

Either way, this isnt the 2002 Wings team and this isnt the Colorado Avalanche. I dont buy comparisons.

Red Wings Forever!!!!

#196 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE(bullocks @ May 21, 2007 - 04:58AM) View Post

are u guaranteeing a win? ohmy.gif

Yep.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#197 sWINGED

sWINGED

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE(spydrwebb @ May 21, 2007 - 01:52AM) View Post

lose the attitude.

oh, yeah, well the jerk store called and...meh, nevermind.

#198 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE(HockeyCrazy3033 @ May 21, 2007 - 01:54AM) View Post

GO WINGS!!!!

thumbup.gif clap.gif awesome post, thanks.

QUOTE(sWINGED @ May 21, 2007 - 02:11AM) View Post

oh, yeah, well the jerk store called and...meh, nevermind.

lol, niceee

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#199 bullocks

bullocks

Ultimate Playoff Performer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE(HockeyCrazy3033 @ May 21, 2007 - 05:10AM) View Post

Yep.

hope ur right.
"I don't want my legacy to be about the numbers, or how many trophies I won. I want it to be that I was a competitor, and that my teammates believed in me. That's what's most important to me. That my teammates know, when I'm in the net, I'm the man, I'm the right person for them. And that I never gave up." - Dominik Hasek

#200 Must Kill

Must Kill

Co Founder of the Mr Wiseman and Tweek Show

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:58 AM

well first i was pissed about nbc here blacking out the game so i had to settle for hightlights on my phone at my uncles, the i seen waht seemed to be a 1-0 lead to the last second of the third and ducks scored and end up winning it in OT.

Can someone tell me how the game went down if we played good or not

even tho we lost if you look back at 2002 our last cup win, we went down to the AV 3-2 games who i may say was a way way way better team than the ducks of now, and we had to go up against one mr roy, adn we all remember how that series ended