• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shutTHEduckUP

You know you're a Detroit Red Wings fan if...

Rate this topic

If you continue to wear Red Wings jerseys, shirts and hats year after year after they have been eliminated... Regardless of the comments and looks you get :D

I shall never retire my wings stuff for the year.

Edited by OsGOD

since it is physically impossible to grow a play off beard ...

(no not because I am a pre-pubescent boy but because i am a female)

you find ways around it.

i.e. red nail polish during playoffs, same desktop/screen saver, etc.

and for some reason, you feel it makes a difference.

:D

Your schedule everything around the Wings

Your pets have a red wing collar or named it after a player

You remember when the Wings used to be on UPN (Ch 50) instead of versus!!! (Fu*k versus)

and you were around to see Ray Lane on channel 50

you know your a Wings fan when your cheering for the Wings during the Olympics oops I mean team Sweden

When your buddies make fun of your team for how old they are and you don't even care because you know those old guys will beat his team's young snots 95% of the time.

You truly believe that every little thing you do (or don't do) during the course of a WIngs game day could actually affect the outcome even though you're a thousand miles away... :lol:

Super guilty. I was even blamed for the game 3 loss to Anaheim for not wearing my red tanktop :( I wore it for game 4 and well... hah!

You consider Joe Louis Arena holy ground, and Steve Yzerman a religious figure.

I already told my husband, I don't care how or when - but someday I WILL visit the Joe. I hate only being able to see my Wings from Savvis. It just doesn't have the same appeal.

You truly believe that every little thing you do (or don't do) during the course of a WIngs game day could actually affect the outcome even though you're a thousand miles away... :lol:

I plead guilty of this behavior as well. :blush: And when the Wings are doing badly, I often try to change some of those little things until the team starts winning again.

Guest jaytan

You eat Little Ceasar's pizza simply to "support the team"

I've actually done that too. :lol: For some reason, I thought my eating that nasty stuff had something to do with the Tigers league championship last year.

and you were around to see Ray Lane on channel 50

And you had to watch on PASS and then steal a few games while they were on PPV.

Good ol' Ray lane. I also miss Dave Strader... it was nice to see him a bit last round... but Dave and Mickey were great!

I plead guilty of this behavior as well. :blush: And when the Wings are doing badly, I often try to change some of those little things until the team starts winning again.
Yeah, I also try to change stuff when they're not playing well. Like replacing my Coke with Sprite or something, it's crazy. :D

Yeah, I also try to change stuff when they're not playing well. Like replacing my Coke with Sprite or something, it's crazy. :D

Relieving to see I'm not totally out of my mind and alone with this. :P

you start some thread saying a specific player is slow and he sucks

Yeah , But once you start a thread saying that a certain player sucks . if an opposing team's fan bad mouths said player , it piss's you off . :angry: tell them to shut the hell up and you say their team sucks big time and don't deserve to be playing in the NHL. :P:crazy:

...you stay up half the night to see the Wings get beaten by the Blue Jackets.

I do that too Fin. :):crazy:

The Crew makes alot of sacrifice's for the Wings , but I wouldn't have it any other way. :D:thumbup:

I do that too Fin.

The Crew makes alot of sacrifice's for the Wings , but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Success requires huge sacrifice at times but in the end it's always worth it. :thumbup:

When you almost fail your degree due to Wings matches only being on at 3 in the moning in your native country

When you get moist eyed at the thoughts of Stevie Y

Your STILL pissed at feds for leaving despite everything he acheived, his enormous salary and the relative disappointment of his time at eh ducks and jackets

When Playing Eastside Hockey Manager you always draft at least one overage Swede or Russian just because..

You get excited whenever you meet another ice hockey fan in London, only to find out they support the avs or Stars and then conversation rapidly dries up...

You cried like a baby during the Steve Yzerman retirement press conference/jersey retirement.

Every time you see highlights from the Cup-winning years, you get a little teary-eyed.

You make the athletes under your supervision (soccer and baseball) watch the replay clips of March 26th on You tube and then search for Steve Yzerman tributes and make them watch those as well. Even well-bred Minnesota kids know what good hockey's all about. They can't deny the Yzerman.

You cried like a baby during the Steve Yzerman retirement press conference/jersey retirement.

Every time you see highlights from the Cup-winning years, you get a little teary-eyed.

You make the athletes under your supervision (soccer and baseball) watch the replay clips of March 26th on You tube and then search for Steve Yzerman tributes and make them watch those as well. Even well-bred Minnesota kids know what good hockey's all about. They can't deny the Yzerman.

and after watching all the Yzerman tributes on YouTube you decide to make your own, and then realize that there are 5 million out there that are better than yours but you still shamelessly plug it and force your family to watch it.....

:blush: lol

I too cried during Steve Yzermans retirement....I dont know how you couldnt have cried.

when you still think its your own fault the wings lost game 6 because you missed the first 2 periods b/c of lacrosse and you didnt watch the game in the basement.(when i watch the game in the basement they are 10-1-2 in the playoffs)

when you still think its your own fault the wings lost game 6 because you missed the first 2 periods b/c of lacrosse and you didnt watch the game in the basement.(when i watch the game in the basement they are 10-1-2 in the playoffs)

I think we need to start a thread putting the blame for the loss solely on your shoulders. Sure some may blame the team for not waking up until the third, or babcock for not motivating them enough or some other lame brained idea. We here at LGW know that the reason we lost is one of our own failed to perform proper pregame rituals. Thanks buddy.

**Note please realize I am just poking fun and do not intend to place any blame, in fact I failed to put my Wings jersey on until the game started so I to am to blame. :)

When you actually believe these people ^^ are the cause for the loss!

Yeah, speaking of which... Good Job ace :sly::lol: