• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lou_Siffer

Ottawa winning the Cup? A disgrace?

Rate this topic

While shooting the puck at Niedermayer was a s***ty thing to do, I found Ottawa's ridiculous diving almost more reprehensible .

They've made it very hard to root for them.

Edited by Airborn

Just in case you missed this on the Sens Road to the Cup:

Alfy boards Tallinder

Neil Spanish Archer

And the latest Top Two Hits from Neil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXzx9Qicdwg

They don't blow the Ducks outta the water at anything: they are only a bit less successful at being sleazy than the Ducks, and have a bit less size and a lot less depth.

I DO admire the Sens for getting there, but they dirtied up a team at least as classy and skilled as the Wings on their way.

Please make no mistake: these are the SENS, not the SAINTS.

The Alfie hit on Tallinder wasn't really that bad, stuff like that happens all the time. It's not like he absolutely annilhated him face first directly from behind; it wasn't that hard of a hit. It was definitely worth 2 minutes though. The hit on Drury was vicious, but it was perfectly clean.

As for Alfie's latest antics, I fell asleep right when I got home yesterday at about 5:30, and woke up like 15 minutes after the game ended so I didn't see it. The way people are describing it, it doesn't sound that bad what he did. Was Niedermayer laying on the ice and he rifled a shot at his face? It's hockey for pete's sake, people get hit with pucks. If Niedermayer had been behind Alfie and he turned around and fired it back towards his own end or something then I could see a little more merit in bitching about it. It definitely sounds very passive agressive and wussy-like, but dirty?

Alright folks, after hearing all this Ducks are dirty blah blah, how bout those Senators? Alfredsson fires the puck at Niedermayer, can you imagine if a Duck had done this? Also another Senator threw a blind glove on suckerpunch in the scrum. Lets hear some Ottawa bashing now, dont be hypocritical!

1. Regarding Alfie: A defensemen took a slapshot off the shin pads? This has never happened in hockey before! Someone better run right out and tell all defensemen that they CAN NOW shotblock with their shinpads. (Good for Alfie for trying to fire up his team)

2. If a duck had done that: See above

3. Senator throwing suckerpunches in scrums: This has also never happened in the history of hockey!!!! Especially by anyone on the Ducks!!!! I think suspensions are reserved for head injury 'checks' and 'high sticks' at velocity (McSorely, Pronger). Fighting in a scrum has nothing to do with this. Who got injured from this? I forget....

4. Ducks are up 3-1 in the series, and you're whining why?

1. Regarding Alfie: A defensemen took a slapshot off the shin pads? This has never happened in hockey before! Someone better run right out and tell all defensemen that they CAN NOW shotblock with their shinpads. (Good for Alfie for trying to fire up his team)

2. If a duck had done that: See above

3. Senator throwing suckerpunches in scrums: This has also never happened in the history of hockey!!!! Especially by anyone on the Ducks!!!! I think suspensions are reserved for head injury 'checks' and 'high sticks' at velocity (McSorely, Pronger). Fighting in a scrum has nothing to do with this. Who got injured from this? I forget....

4. Ducks are up 3-1 in the series, and you're whining why?

I think you're missing the point. If the Ducks had pulled any of this stuff, this board would be lit on fire with anti-Duck sentiment, but somehow it's justified when the Sens do it?

The fact is the Senators have shown way less class than the Ducks ever have. I can't believe you are actually trying to justify Alfredsson's actions. If he had done that to Lidstrom, would you feel the same way?

While I dislike the Ducks, I think people are going overboard with the "Ducks are goons, cheaters, child beaters, etc" rants. The fact is they are a big, hard hitting team. Other than the blatant interference they somehow get away with, I don't see anything wrong with the way they play.

Edited by Airborn

I think you're missing the point. If the Ducks had pulled any of this stuff, this board would be lit on fire with anti-Duck sentiment, but somehow it's justified when the Sens do it?

The fact is the Senators have shown way less class than the Ducks ever have. I can't believe you are actually trying to justify Alfredsson's actions. If he had done that to Lidstrom, would you feel the same way?

While I dislike the Ducks, I think people are going overboard with the "Ducks are goons, cheaters, child beaters, etc" rants. The fact is they are a big, hard hitting team. Other than the blatant interference they somehow get away with, I don't see anything wrong with the way they play.

Ahoy! That be Cap'n Lidstrom... We not be having much to discuss in regar's to such events.

Personally, I don't think the Ducks are a goon squad (Pronger aside) and if I saw that happen where the Ducks did it to the Sens, my comments would still apply. This is HOCKEY, not tennis. If the NHL wants to crack down on intent plays on the head, that's totally understandable. But anything else, dirty, clean, subversive or otherwise....should just be called hockey. Give penalties where applicable...and if a person wants to make a classless play, it's on them. Honestly, I think he did it to get his team fired up.

Edited by Bad Vlad Forever

Personally, I don't think the Ducks are a goon squad (Pronger aside) and if I saw that happen where the Ducks did it to the Sens, my comments would still apply. This is HOCKEY, not tennis. If the NHL wants to crack down on intent plays on the head, that's totally understandable. But anything else, dirty, clean, subversive or otherwise....should just be called hockey. Give penalties where applicable...and if a person wants to make a classless play, it's on them. Honestly, I think he did it to get his team fired up.

QFMFT :thumbup:

Guest Shoreline

And who should know more about classless plays more than the Wings. We only need to look at the end of many games where the Wings obliterated the Flames, or Blues, or Preds, for (the most obvious) example, to watch those teams throw a tantrum, elbows to the head, two-hander to Franzen, running like a freight train over our goalie, sucker punching players while they're down, throwing chairs onto the ice (classic Blues move), sending goons out to pick fights with our skill players, hacking the back of Wings players' legs, blows to the head, and so forth.

What Alfredsson did was classless. Not illegal. He didn't injure someone. Those with the argument against Alf that he fired up the Ducks is far more sensible than Alf is a goon, or that the Sens are disgraceful. The only last classless act I can remember a Sens committing was a few seasons ago when Alfredsson mocked Mats Sundin in a Sens/Leafs game and threw his stick into the crowd.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest DetroitIan

Alright folks, after hearing all this Ducks are dirty blah blah, how bout those Senators? Alfredsson fires the puck at Niedermayer, can you imagine if a Duck had done this? Also another Senator threw a blind glove on suckerpunch in the scrum. Lets hear some Ottawa bashing now, dont be hypocritical!

What are they suppose to just walk on eggshells with this Ducks squad that has a post season rap sheet longer then the arena??? Of course the Ducks are gonna get some "rink justice". The NHL sure the hell hasn't stepped up the way they should. So obviously the Sens are gonna take some justice into their own hands. I don't blame them one bit. Im not saying two wrongs make a right, but its completely easy to understand the Sens losing their heads. The Ducks brought it all on themselves. Bottom line.