• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gordie Howe hat trick

Ray Emery

Rate this topic

Is it just me or was he an absolute wall in some of the games in the finals? I mean game two he got shelled all night and only broke once. Or even tonight he was unstopable in the second period for a while.

I guess what this is coming down to is this: I haven't seen Emery play in too many games and I was impressed with what I saw, the wheels clearly came off of the Sens' scoring line and their offence in general. But was this preformance by Emery uncharicteristic? Or does he play this well all the time?

It seems he's that good almost all the time. I don't think he's known as a goalie who can steal games, but he definitely is a clear-cut starter and still a young player - he's only 23, he will be better in the future, maybe even a Vezina contender in few years' time

Except Alfredsson was Ottawa's MVP, not Emery.

I agree about Alfie, eva.

Emery. I like the guy, he's got style. While he's a consistent goalie, he's never been a game-stealer, not that he should have to be. For all the hype he gets, neither is Giguere.

As rick z said, though, it didn't matter who was in net, the team let Ray down. I feel really terrible that Ottawa was so close. :(

Can you truly be considered for MVP if you allow six goals in 60 minutes of hockey? I know that some were not his fualt but is that not the definition of an MVP. Most VALUABLE Player??? Letting in 6 is not valuable no matter who's fualt it is.

That being said I think Phillips should have been awarded the Con Smyth. :blink:

If he can cut his rebounds/game in half and stop moving around too much he may be a game-stealer. He certainly was left alone by the Ottawa D for most of the final. Considering that he certainly was their finals MVP.

Edited by C-Dub

Sens made it to the Cup Finals, that is all that matters.... Emery is a good goalie and played pretty well, but the Ducks rolled over the Sens like no tomorrow.

The Wings are the only team I believe to win 2 games in a series against the Ducks right (I may be wrong)? And the Wings let leads go and never played to their full potential (Hasek stopping a puck and sliding into the net and then yada yada).

Canes went to the finals in 2002 and they lost agaist us and then won the Cup last year. Ducks lost in the finals a few years back and won the Cup this year. I find this very interesting.

Guest Crymson

Is it just me or was he an absolute wall in some of the games in the finals? I mean game two he got shelled all night and only broke once. Or even tonight he was unstopable in the second period for a while.

I guess what this is coming down to is this: I haven't seen Emery play in too many games and I was impressed with what I saw, the wheels clearly came off of the Sens' scoring line and their offence in general. But was this preformance by Emery uncharicteristic? Or does he play this well all the time?

He has shown unbelievable improvement this year.

Only he kept his team from total ignominious defeat.

Guest bullocks

he played good in spurts in the finals, and bad in spurts. certainly not well enough for the sens to win the cup. but like someone said, he is only 23.

Basically, Ray's performance reflected his team. He was solid when his team was, but struggled when his team did. That's just a sign that he's a young goalie. He's well on his way to becoming a steady, solid, consistent goaltender in this league.

Does anyone know how long he has left with the Sens? I'm not going to lie, when he was on top of his game that glove...wow.

Well if the sens are smart he will be with them for a while.

He is a Group 2 RFA this year and made $925,000.00 last year, pretty sure he will be resigned for a big bucks this year....

Basically, Ray's performance reflected his team. He was solid when his team was, but struggled when his team did. That's just a sign that he's a young goalie. He's well on his way to becoming a steady, solid, consistent goaltender in this league.

I agree with you Duckette . Ray was awsome at time's for the Sens and at other time's not so much .He'll get better the longer he plays as No 1 and gain's more experience. :thumbup: