• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Salviaman

If Schneider signs elsewhere...

Rate this topic

lmao matty is 37-38 theres no way hes getting a 5 year deal ......2 years max

Age is just a number. With the high level Matty has played at, he could get a 3-5 year deal. Would that be the wisest move? No, but there are teams that might be willing to do just that to get him.

7 NHL capable D? WTF? Kindl hasn't even't played a second in the NHL yet he's NHL ready? Quincy has never played a regular season in full and had limited time in the playoffs. He looked pretty good but an 82 game season with more minutes has the tendency to expose weaknesses of you d-men.

Some are,like Vlasic.

So what you are saying is that Kindl isn't ready for the NHL because he hasn't played in the NHL yet. So how does anyone ever break into the league by those standards?

:clap:

I think the bigger question is, if Schneider signs somewhere else, will he be the new Fedorov, booed every time he plays in Detroit because he didn't play with the Wings until he retired?

No. Schneider never won a cup with/for us, and how many years has he played with us? 3? I don't care if he leaves or goes. If he wants his money then let him have it.

I don't understand why everyone is so in love with Schnider.

Um...I dunno, maybe because he was easily the second best defenseman on the team behind the Norris trophy winner himself? Could be the 52 points and +12 he had last season, along with what, ~8 points in 11 playoff games?

Seems kinda important to our defensive lineup...

I think the bigger question is, if Schneider signs somewhere else, will he be the new Fedorov, booed every time he plays in Detroit because he didn't play with the Wings until he retired?

He doesn't have the same star power to get that response, I think.

Has he won a cup anywhere yet?

He doesn't have the same star power to get that response, I think.

Has he won a cup anywhere yet?

More importantly, he only played 3 full seasons with the Red Wings and the Wings were/are the 6th team he has played for. Sergei Fedorov had played his entire career with the Wings when he left. Thirteen seasons. 3 Stanley Cups. Don't get me wrong, I don't boo Fedorov and I like Schneider, but there is no comparison between his potentially leaving and when Fedorov left to go be 'the man' in Disney world....in my eyes anyway.

The Ducks got the bounces the Wings didn't. It's very arrogant of anyone to think that with the addition of one player the Wings would have won the Cup. They would have had a much better chance with him, no doubt. But remember, the Wings nor the Sens could muster up a win without Pronger in the lineup against them.

If we assume Schneider increased the Wings' output by just one goal in regulation of game 2 or game 5, the Wings would likely have won the series. The Sens were clearly not on the level of the Ducks, while the Wings were damn close to winning without Schneider. Had Schneider been healthy, Wings maybe win Games 2 AND 5.

NO SOURAY.

What is wrong with you people?

Grass is greener syndrome. :P

Seriously, though, I don't get the Souray in Detroit thing. He would be like BBQ sauce for Detroit's ice-cream sundae. He's good in his own right, but not the right ingredient for Detroit's mix.

Souray will get at least 6M. He scores a ton of goals for a defenseman and has a physical edge along with leadership skills. Hes the most expensive UFA Dman right now. The next most expensive will probably be Rafalski, but hell probably take less to stay with the Devils. The next guy is Schneider. If he wants more than 5M, hes not worth it. The next group is Hamrlik and Stuart. Ideally, these guys are the Wings back up plan. Both guys have an offensive touch and like to rough it up and will likely cost 4M. After that, theres Preissing who shouldnt be as expensive because hes not really big or physical or a defensive mastermind at that, but I could see a team overpaying for him.

The other option is a trade. Joni Pitkanen could be a choice, and a damn good one at that, although hed likely cost Kindl, a 1st rounder, and who knows what else. But if a deal could be swung to get him, it should be done. Hes only 23 and has all the tools to become a Norris calibre defenseman. The other less expensive option for Detroit, although a little risky, would be Derek Morris. Hes not real tall, but hes a big body whos really fallen on bad times after being traded to Phoenix. He had some really impressive years in Colorado, has a mean streak, and is 28 years old, when most Dmen really come into their prime. He costs 3.9M, but would probably be good for 50pts next to Lidstrom on the point, and makes up for some of the physical edge well lose without Markov.