• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Wings Want to Re-sign Bert Before Free Agency

Rate this topic

Bertuzz is well worth 3 million. I actually think that's a steal given Todd being 100% healthy for the season. I think most are looking over the fact that when he actually is healthy, he's an outstanding player that makes a huge difference. He may have gone a bit down from after the incident, but he's still a very valuable player and in my opinion, 3 mil would be a great deal. He'd be snatched just like that via free agency. Especially with the cap rising, and desperate teams needing to fill voids up front.

Anyways, I'd love for Bert to sign somewhere near a three year, 9 mil contract.

Who is going to guarentee Bert will be 100 % healthy I can see him crunching someone though the boards

and or course the otherway around , he misses the check hit the boards at a bad angle and is finished

for the year or career... let someone else invest $9 million in that back.

Who is going to guarentee Bert will be 100 % healthy I can see him crunching someone though the boards

and or course the otherway around , he misses the check hit the boards at a bad angle and is finished

for the year or career... let someone else invest $9 million in that back.

...well, lets see, Kronwall has had a career of injuries, lets not resign him when he is a UFA. Hmmmm, there's been a couple of seasons that Datsyuk missed some games because of injury, lets trade him. Hell, Zetterberg was out last year for the last 20 or so games, lets trade him too. We have to, because if he hits the boards at a weird angle, then his career could be over...

...if ANYBODY hits the boards at a bad angle, ANYONE could have thier career ended. Lets not sign anyone if that is the case...

...give Bert the $3MM and get Smyth in a Wings uniform...

Edited by LeftWinger

so this means that out of "the four"

Bertuzzi and Hasek will be back?

well that's what i was hoping for!

not that im going to be so thrilled to see danny boy and Mathieu hit the road though,

regardless, i believe this is what should have gone down.

and resigned before free agency? closing in on that mark

looking forward to see some numbers, and Bertuzzi back with the wings ! :yowza:

Guys ... is it better ... to have him locked up 3-4 years ... with 3.5 or have him play 1 season 2.5 then him having a great season asking a raise ...

Well, if the options are 3-years, 3.5m or 1 year 2.5m...then he would have to have a season that earned him 4m per year for two years to match the income. Keith Tkachuk brought in 3.5m from the Blues by converting to center, and scoring 27 goals and 58 points. Bertuzzi would have to do better than that to earn 4m from the Wings. If Bertuzzi does do better than that next season, he deserves it. If not, I sure don't want him signed through 2010 for that kind of money.

imo, bertuzzi has no business asking for more money... hes been out of the game for a while and hasnt proven s*** with the wings. Schneider, yea maybe, but wuts the deal with bertz, is he just full of himself?

Use his money on some who is not a health risk we dont need Bert. O no now i sound like everyone on this form when someon suggest a guy we dont need him but yet 20 other teams want him.

imo, bertuzzi has no business asking for more money... hes been out of the game for a while and hasnt proven s*** with the wings. Schneider, yea maybe, but wuts the deal with bertz, is he just full of himself?

Finally,someone with his blinders off.Bert WONT sign next season,Holland wont make the same mistake twice.

Finally,someone with his blinders off.Bert WONT sign next season,Holland wont make the same mistake twice.

I wasn't surprised by his crappy playoff. Bert doesn't deserve $3M with that back of his, not right now.

Not until/if he proves himself. Who knows.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

from what i hear its the years that are the problem bert wants a longterm or something

from what i hear its the years that are the problem bert wants a longterm or something

I think the poster who lives/lived in Van said that. It's believable enough.

If it weren't for his back, I'd personally want 2+. Then again, if it weren't for his back, we wouldn't even have him.

Edited by Flip-check

So what's going on? Is he signing or what? Tomorrow is the last day!

I'd say tomorrow is a good bet, especially now that the cap is set. There will probably be a lot of activity tomorrow.