• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Wings Want to Re-sign Bert Before Free Agency

Rate this topic

3.250 - 3.750 for 3-4 years ... and im happy

you'd sign him for 3-4 yrs after the non stellar season he had with us , and the fact that he hasnt played hockey in years not to mention his back problems ?? You got more faith in him then he deserves , any team that would sign him for 4 yrs under those circumstances would be fools

3 mil is overpaying for him.

He is not and most likely will never be the player he was.

If the wings give him more than 2.5 I will be upset.

you'd sign him for 3-4 yrs after the non stellar season he had with us , and the fact that he hasnt played hockey in years not to mention his back problems ?? You got more faith in him then he deserves , any team that would sign him for 4 yrs under those circumstances would be fools

:clap:

3.250 - 3.750 for 3-4 years ... and im happy

Paying Bertuzzi that kind of money is insane. Almost 4 million on mayber a 3 or 4 year deal? :blink:

Only a dumbass GM ala John Ferguson Jr. would shell out that kind of dough to a guy who is nowhere near the player he was and never will be again. Exactly what are you going on here? Hope? Good luck with that.

Paying Bertuzzi that kind of money is insane. Almost 4 million on mayber a 3 or 4 year deal? :blink:

Only a dumbass GM ala John Ferguson Jr. would shell out that kind of dough to a guy who is nowhere near the player he was and never will be again. Exactly what are you going on here? Hope? Good luck with that.

No matter what Kenny does, this contract will be incentive laden. Bert will have a decent base salary, but will have the ability to make more based on health, scoring and playoff success.

Guys ... is it better ... to have him locked up 3-4 years ... with 3.5 or have him play 1 season 2.5 then him having a great season asking a raise ...

Thats the problem I bet Kenny is dealing with. In my opionen I would sign Bertuzzi with a longer contract in case that happens where he has a great season and then later asks for 5 million a year. But signing him to a long contract can be real risky too. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens...

For those of you that feel Bert will only get $2-$2.5, I think you need a reality check. If you've been paying attention to the market as of late, there isn't much to suggest that Bert won't get a good amount via free agency. On top of that, what kind of "hometown" discount are expecting from him? The guy was in Detroit all of 3 months.

Don't forget that Lang made $3.8 million last season. For those of you that have bashed Robert, you should put that in perspective when comparing your $2-$2.5 million predictions.

I don't want Bert to be signed to the Wings for more than $3, but I feel he could and will get $3-$3.5 on the open market. Believe that.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Guest Crymson

Bert played all 82 games of the '05-'06 season, and finished with 25 goals and 26 assists for 71 points. There is a reason Florida considered him worth Luongo. We got him for nothing precisely BECAUSE of his bad back. We KNEW that he wouldn't be playing at full power, and so did Florida; this decreased his trade value to the 3rd-rounder we got him for, and I'd say he was worth every bit of that 3rd-rounder.

Yet another totally uninformed post.

Bert played all 82 games of the '05-'06 season, and finished with 25 goals and 26 assists for 71 points. There is a reason Florida considered him worth Luongo. We got him for nothing precisely BECAUSE of his bad back. We KNEW that he wouldn't be playing at full power, and so did Florida; this decreased his trade value to the 3rd-rounder we got him for, and I'd say he was worth every bit of that 3rd-rounder.

Yet another totally uninformed post.

Since when does 25 + 26 equal 71? :P