• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Wings wont be aggressive

Rate this topic

I'm surprised Dom hasn't signed yet. I'm also kind of surprised Bert wants a long contract, either his back is much better, or he doesnt want to move.

However, I am kind fo nervous yet confident. Nervous we have nothing done, yet confident Kenny will get Dom, and Bert, and make a semi-splash

I dont like hearing that at all. With our amount of space and Smyths wants to "win" and seeing as theres 2 teams in the west that will for sure go deep in the playoffs (Detroit,Anaheim) and we have more space then Anaheim. Go ahead and take you time with our guys , but Smyth is hard to pass on.

I trust Kenny , but "waiting" around wont do the team much good.

We've almost got Bert re-signed , Dom will sign one of these days. It makes perfect sense to go after Smyth.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

I get the feeling that we'll see a lot of outrageous offers tomorrow. We can't match the offers some of the teams can make, in any event, and I'm under the impression that signing our UFAs is Holland's first priority anyway.

I agree. Kenny will probably wait a few hours, and then choose from the, "remains" or "leftovers", as Kenny calls 'em.

Edited by Go_Wings_Go_13Dats

That's fine by me right now.

While the team can definitely be improve by the signing of guy like Smyth or Kozlov or a couple of other big names out there (other members would know better than me), this team doesn't need a whole lot of retooling IMO.

Worry about re-signing our own brass right now.

Hopefully soon Holland can come to a mutual agreement with Hasek and Bertuzzi.

I anticipiate trying to re-sign Schneider and/or Markov will take much more time. I don't think both of them can be back with the Wings, hopefully one though.

That means there's a decent chance for Holland to re-sign 3 of the 4 more-known players from last season's roster. Not bad.

If there's still enough cushion money to go after a guy like Smyth/Blake then, do it.

Again though, this team was incredibly close to going to the SCF this past season. I don't think that hunger/determination is going to go away anytime soon, so not a whole lot needs to change.

Guest Crymson

I dont like hearing that at all. With our amount of space and Smyths wants to "win" and seeing as theres 2 teams in the west that will for sure go deep in the playoffs (Detroit,Anaheim) and we have more space then Anaheim. Go ahead and take you time with our guys , but Smyth is hard to pass on.

We've almost got Bert re-signed , Dom will sign one of these days. It makes perfect sense to go after Smyth.

Has Kenny ever failed?

Paying Gomez, Drury, Smyth or Briere 8m won't do the team much good either.

That's fine by me right now.

While the team can definitely be improve by the signing of guy like Smyth or Kozlov or a couple of other big names out there (other members would know better than me), this team doesn't need a whole lot of retooling IMO.

Worry about re-signing our own brass right now.

Hopefully soon Holland can come to a mutual agreement with Hasek and Bertuzzi.

I anticipiate trying to re-sign Schneider and/or Markov will take much more time. I don't think both of them can be back with the Wings, hopefully one though.

That means there's a decent chance for Holland to re-sign 3 of the 4 more-known players from last season's roster. Not bad.

If there's still enough cushion money to go after a guy like Smyth/Blake then, do it.

Again though, this team was incredibly close to going to the SCF this past season. I don't think that hunger/determination is going to go away anytime soon, so not a whole lot needs to change.

I agree completely. As long as Holland gets Hasek and Bert signed, I think this team has a great chance next year. Another solid D-man and a scoring 2nd line forward would be nice, but I'm not jumping ship if we don't get a big name player this week.

The offensive chemistry is still there and will be strengthened as young players have another year under their belts. The key to this offseason is the blue line. If Kenny can steal a star like smyth, gomez, drury, or briere, I say go for it, but not at the expense of our defense corps.

EDIT: spelling/grammar

Edited by Ozzie30

I like th' crew jus' how 'tis (or was last season) wit' a few minor additions o' Sergei Fedorov, Slava Kozlov 'n Jeremy Roenick. :)

Guest Crymson

I don't know if we'll be able to afford all of them, PLUS Schneider, Bert, etc. Hopefully one of them, though.

If Fedorov is bought out, will accept a reasonably small contract, and has not burned too many bridges with the organization, I'd snap him up in a moment to play D in the event that we lose Schneider.

Paying Gomez, Drury, Smyth or Briere 8m won't do the team much good either.

Did I say it would?

Smyth at 5-6 million is a fair deal. Im not interested in any of the other guys on the FA market , they can get 8 million from Columbus , Chicago , Florida , Washington , etc.

If Fedorov is bought out, will accept a reasonably small contract, and has not burned too many bridges with the organization, I'd snap him up in a moment to play D in the event that we lose Schneider.

If we can resign Schneider, thanks to the increase in the Cap, perhaps Fedorov could fill-in for Markov. That way, we would get a cheap replacement, who play "D" for a season or two until Kindl and/or Meetch come in, and we would still have room for another Forward.

Sounds like Holland has a plan A and a plan B. We can't have it both ways if we want most of our guys back then we won't be signing Smyth of any other major FA's unless they give us a MAJOR discount. We'll have a great team either way. Go Wings!!!

Sounds like Holland has a plan A and a plan B. We can't have it both ways if we want most of our guys back then we won't be signing Smyth of any other major FA's unless they give us a MAJOR discount. We'll have a great team either way. Go Wings!!!

I agree. As long as we can keep the core together, we'll be contenders. Look at how far we made it this year, with two of our top-four DMen out!

http://blog.mlive.com/redwingsinsider/2007..._not_far_a.html

What's this about?

One second he's close with Bert and the next he's going to let him test the market? He will be snatched JUST LIKE THAT.

This is stuff that always bothers me. That it's always back and forth and you never know if they are saying it to throw us off, or because it's the actual truth.

http://blog.mlive.com/redwingsinsider/2007..._not_far_a.html

What's this about?

One second he's close with Bert and the next he's going to let him test the market? He will be snatched JUST LIKE THAT.

This is stuff that always bothers me. That it's always back and forth and you never know if they are saying it to throw us off, or because it's the actual truth.

I really don't like the sounds of that. Bert is, as you said, going to be gone in the first few minutes tomorrow, should he be on the market.

No need to panic just yet. Kenny is a smart guy and if he doesn't do what we all think he will then tthat just means he has something else at hand.

Edited by Superman54

I really don't like the sounds of that. Bert is, as you said, going to be gone in the first few minutes tomorrow, should he be on the market.

It sounds like they are just working on the contract length with Bert....I'm optimistic that they'll work something out and he'll be back.

Smyth will go for 6-7 Million. We don't have that kond of cap room and Smyth isn't worth it.