• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Brian admits to hometown discount.

Rate this topic

lol I don't know how that got in there. lol I'ma gona edit that now!

you're quote is about Hasek though...

Also a few down, you may notice them talking about the FA's signed so far.

They state Detroit is now the favorite to win it all. :o

Guest DetroitIan

What a player! And what a guy! I LOVE hockey players like this. He is all about winning. And I can almost guaruntee he had atleast one higher offer then what we were offering. Great to see this guy take a hometown discount. And its great to hear that Detroit was his number 1 choice. I am so stoked about getting this guy. I can hardley contain myself. I feel like jumping up and down and such, lol.

:clap:

TSN interview

See he could have gotten more and he did take a somewhat worse offer.

:clap: I am so glad to get guys like this on the team.

Edited: Removed quote that appeared for some unknown reason reguarding hasek possibly being done.

Wait!!! What is this about hasek possibly being done!?!??!?!?

Anyone know what that quote said about Hasek? Sorry to double post, but I have to know. :ph34r:

it was just a quote taken out of context from another thread or something, dont worry about it

Guest Crymson

'Hometown discount'? Total BS although I still like him a lot and believe it was a good signing; just no need to sugarcoat this.

Uhh... taking $30m for five years over $40m for six years in order to be able to play in one's hometown is THE DEFINITION of a hometown discount. Wtf are you talking about?

EDIT: I had mistakenly put $40m, five years instead of $40m, six years.

Edited by Crymson

Uhh... taking $30m for five years over $40m for five years in order to be able to play in one's hometown is THE DEFINITION of a hometown discount. Wtf are you talking about?

There is NO WAY Rafalski could have gotten $40m for five years.

Joe Thornton re-upping for $7.2 million per or Zubov re-upping for $5.35 million.... those are hometown discounts.

Guest Crymson

Joe Thornton re-upping for $7.2 million per or Zubov re-upping for $5.35 million.... those are hometown discounts.

And accepting five-years at $6m over six years at $6.7m isn't a hometown discount?

he actually turned the other offer down

No, those represent a desire to stay put rather than join a new team. Thornton is not from the Bay Area and Zubov is not from Dallas. Rafalski is from Detroit (Dearborn) and as such decided to turn down a bigger offer from a third team (someone other than the Devils). And I don't really think those are discounts. Given what Schneider signed for, the price looks right for Zubov. Pretty close to what he could have commanded anywhere else. Thornton, too.

Anyway, we should consider ourselves lucky that the Wings are situated to get a discount like this one. One of the few American teams that can. You won't see the Coyotes getting that kind of treatment any time soon.

Guest DetroitIan

Uhh... taking $30m for five years over $40m for six years in order to be able to play in one's hometown is THE DEFINITION of a hometown discount. Wtf are you talking about?

EDIT: I had mistakenly put $40m, five years instead of $40m, six years.

Wow...can't believe it...but I totally agree. This was absolutely a hometown discount. Rafalski could easily have garnered a 7 mill per year deal. What a guy. Can't wait to see him in the winged wheel. :thumbup:

No, those represent a desire to stay put rather than join a new team. Thornton is not from the Bay Area and Zubov is not from Dallas. Rafalski is from Detroit (Dearborn) and as such decided to turn down a bigger offer from a third team (someone other than the Devils). And I don't really think those are discounts. Given what Schneider signed for, the price looks right for Zubov. Pretty close to what he could have commanded anywhere else. Thornton, too.

Anyway, we should consider ourselves lucky that the Wings are situated to get a discount like this one. One of the few American teams that can. You won't see the Coyotes getting that kind of treatment any time soon.

Thornton is a bigger name than Drury and Gomez undoubtedly. They both got what Thornton makes. He wouldve gotten 8 at least. As for Zubov, 5.35 is NOT what he wouldve commanded on the open market. Hes easily a top 10 Dman in the league right now. He wouldve seen 6.5M easy.

Guest Crymson

Thornton is a bigger name than Drury and Gomez undoubtedly. They both got what Thornton makes. He wouldve gotten 8 at least. As for Zubov, 5.35 is NOT what he wouldve commanded on the open market. Hes easily a top 10 Dman in the league right now. He wouldve seen 6.5M easy.

Thornton would likely have gotten $10m.