• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Opie

May a duck

Rate this topic

May wouldn't have asked for that much. Even if Selanne and Niedermayer would have stayed.

...and which Belanger are you talking about? Eric Belanger? I know there is more then one Belanger in the league, even though I don't think any of them are related.

They still have Penner to pay and others, if they were planning on signing Selanne and Neids they probably wouldn't have signed the extras.

Plus it was a bad job with sarcasm.

And yes it is Eric Belanger.

May has been solid for them in playoffs. not flashy but responsible and hardworking. kinda surpise because people expected him to rack penalty minutes but he really worked hard for this contract. and Burke is no idiot to sign him and acknowledge this.

I'd risk saying, he's been this kind of surprise to Ducks, as the very Pain Train has been to us

I really thought he was going to retire, im a big fan though so im glad to see him stick around another year.

Who are you talking about because Brad May got a two year deal and Eric Belanger got three.

I really thought he was going to retire, im a big fan though so im glad to see him stick around another year.

I would have rather seen him sign here. :P

I know a lot of people hate May, but I love the guy. It's good to see him resurecting his career too, since I thought after that year in Colorado he would be done.

Who are you talking about because Brad May got a two year deal and Eric Belanger got three.

May. He's getting up there in years for a guy who plays his style, and with him finally winning the Cup, it just seemed like it'd be his farewell.

May. He's getting up there in years for a guy who plays his style, and with him finally winning the Cup, it just seemed like it'd be his farewell.

I agree just wasn't sure who you were talking about.

Watch , Fedoruk and Asham off to Calgary or Anaheim :rolleyes:

You should be shot for even suggesting that.

Fedoruk not so much, since he's become a pretty lame ass fighter lately. But I will be so pissed if Holland doesn't get Asham. Sign him now Kenny!

I would have rather seen him sign here. :P

I know a lot of people hate May, but I love the guy. It's good to see him resurecting his career too, since I thought after that year in Colorado he would be done.

I wouldve loved to be able have May, but honestly, im not sure it'd be a good fit at all for him. May is old but is a warrior, if he played on the Wings he'd be out there scrapping with all the big dogs and taking it on the chin too much. On Anaheim, he has Parros to take that load on.

You should be shot for even suggesting that.

Fedoruk not so much, since he's become a pretty lame ass fighter lately. But I will be so pissed if Holland doesn't get Asham. Sign him now Kenny!

I know , Why let Asham get away when we can probably get him for 1 million or cheaper.

I said Anaheim or Calgary because they signed everyone I wanted. (Sarich , Nolan , Schnieder , Bertuzzi ,May) Schnieder I dont care about anymore because Rafalski is gonna be GREAT next season.

C'mon Kenny , Get Asham signed!

I wouldve loved to be able have May, but honestly, im not sure it'd be a good fit at all for him. May is old but is a warrior, if he played on the Wings he'd be out there scrapping with all the big dogs and taking it on the chin too much. On Anaheim, he has Parros to take that load on.

You're forgetting that this is where Arron Asham would come in handy. ;)

I wish anyways. :P

Sidenote: For the 3 or 4 of us that might care :D ,...Shawn Thornton is a Bruin now

He was a free agent?

Damn it! Kenny, you missed out again!

I don't know though. Thornton is pretty one-dimensional. Still, he's way better then Brad Norton, and if Norton was able to be given a chance here, so should Thornton!

I really dont think Thornton is a bad player at all for what he is. Hey...9 pts in 48 games isnt shabby at all for a fighter. By comparison, Maltby had 11pts over a full season (sorry, i always feel compelled to "point" out Kirk! ;) ). I mean, who's more useful...Thornton or Langfeld? Im not sure what Boston dished out for him...but i dont think it would have been bad at all to take a chance with the guy.

Lou , who would you take on the wings if you could only take one.

Asham , May , Fedoruk , Thornton , Parros or Mcgratton?

Well...i'd have to take McGrattan! You know i cant turn that down! But realistically, Asham would clearly be the best signing for the Wings.

Guest jaytan

It's strange to see so many players I like on a team I'm starting to despise.

Well...i'd have to take McGrattan! You know i cant turn that down! But realistically, Asham would clearly be the best signing for the Wings.

Yep, definitly. Asham is pretty decent offensivly, as well as adding toughness.

I really don't think Shawn Thornton is that bad of a player other then fighting, but given Hollands track record, he won't sign a one-dimensional enforcer like Thornton. I like Shawn Thornton a lot, but I just don't think Holland would sign him. Who's to say though? If Holland believes a useless scrub like Langfeld was worth signing, then Thornton should definitly get a chance! :P