• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

A good update from Holland

Rate this topic

If we are looking to add a little toughness, I do believe Darren Mc Carty is available and would come real cheap. I for one would love to see him back in Hockeytown where he belongs!

Oh. The idea is great. The reality is disaster. I hope Kenny does not even entertain the premise of McCarty coming back. Sorry, Mac, but I think he won't even get picked up this year.

I'm pretty surprised, though I guess I shouldn't be, that people are still believe that the Wings are the "softest" team in the league, especially after last season. We blitzed through Calgary and San Jose without much trouble and had it not been for a few bounces in the Anaheim series we probably would've won the cup. We played the 3 "toughest" teams in the league and beat 2 and barely lost to the third.

I think it's foolish to even think that the Wings are any less "tough" than last season. Losing Markov was a bit of a blow on the backend, but I don't think it is such a major blow that we're going to go from tough enough to beat Calgary and San Jose to 1st round exit, sorry, I liked Markov but he didn't make that much of a difference and neither did Bertuzzi, who I also would've liked to see re-signed at a reasonable price.

If toughness defined is what Calgary is or San Jose is then I don't want to be that because their philosophy doesn't translate into very much at all. If Anaheim is the definition then fine, but our philosophy and gameplan seems to be enough to get us where ever we want.

Our players are now battle tested and they know what it takes to win, a lot of our losses were addition by subtraction. We've gotten tougher by losing players.

Anyone who thinks the Wings are the "softest" team in the league really need to re-watch the playoffs from this year. Every team could always get bigger, stronger, faster, but we're tough enough to compete with anyone.

Beautiful. :clap: Absolutely on point!!!!

Holland is a moron.

I can already see these players he's negotiating with are going to be some useless, non-gritty scrub centers. Like a Greg Johnson type signing.

Holland's baseball comment was just plain stupid. This team doesn't have any toughness (ok, they have some, but it's very depleted). Why is he so blind to this issue? Why? I don't get it. For him being such a great GM like people always say, he sure has a hard time filling the biggest hole the Wings have had since the lockout ended. God damn it.

It sure is a shame they could not give you the job that Kenny has. I mean I know you could've brought home all the successful seasons.

If a GM were to listen to the fans to much, he would be watching with the fans.

You can call me a Kenny A** kiss but I would have been bitching and moaning had he signed these players at the price tags the carried. Are you serious? Where does one of the players already signed fit into Detroit carrying the price tag they recieved. Thanks Kenny for not getting sucked into all that crap. If he had we may not have Hasek...

You can call me a Kenny A** kiss but I would have been bitching and moaning had he signed these players at the price tags the carried. Are you serious? Where does one of the players already signed fit into Detroit carrying the price tag they recieved. Thanks Kenny for not getting sucked into all that crap. If he had we may not have Hasek...

hahahaha well said :clap:

Exactly...The FA scene has been ludicrous since the lockout, and some teams paid the price for it...

Not the Wings though, and we were a heartbeat away from the stanley cup. Methinks Kenny knows his business.

It sure is a shame they could not give you the job that Kenny has. I mean I know you could've brought home all the successful seasons.

Apparently some people would rather have David Copperfield as our GM

Edited by Bannedforlife

Apparently some people would rather have David Copperfield as our GM

If he makes Holland disappear, then yes.

Instead of hat tricks, Copperfield would give us cap tricks!

Guest DetroitIan

Kronwall has yet to finish a season without a big injury.

He is tough when he is out there, hes just not out there long enough each season.

Yeah its like a huge catch-22. Cause its his tough and physical style of play that seams to keep getting him put on IR. But if he stopped playing like that, his worth would drop significantly. All we can do is just hope his body holds up.

Yeah its like a huge catch-22. Cause its his tough and physical style of play that seams to keep getting him put on IR. But if he stopped playing like that, his worth would drop significantly. All we can do is just hope his body holds up.

Kronner needs to drink some more milk, then he will be ok :)

Also, Holland isn't ruling out re-signing Markov.

I for one am surprised no one has signed him yet. Maybe it will in fact make him lower his number in terms of how much he wants so we can re-sign him.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2007/07/ho...lief_hasek.html

Our defense would be pretty unreal if he does end up re-signing.

Lidstrom-Markov

Rafalski-Kronwall

Lebda-Chelios

Meech

Guest Crymson

Did I ever say Asham would fix all the problems? No I didn't. Please find where I did.

Some of you guys like being ass bags yourself just so you can get a few laughs from other members. Your entire post was so far off base. But yet, what can I expect from a Ken Holland slappie himself?

I thought his post made some very good points.

I find it rather ironic that you called him so 'far off base' whilst simultaneously copping out of the discussion by calling him a Ken Holland-apologist.

Our defense would be pretty unreal if he does end up re-signing.

Lidstrom-Markov

Rafalski-Kronwall

Lebda-Chelios

Meech

That is sick.

But how bout Lilja? I would put him before Meech. The way he played in the playoffs, made me see him in a whole new light.

That is sick.

But how bout Lilja? I would put him before Meech. The way he played in the playoffs, made me see him in a whole new light.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Lilja. I was just thinking of Meech because he can't go back down to GR.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Lilja. I was just thinking of Meech because he can't go back down to GR.

Yes he can, both Quincey and Meech are still waiver free, there was some confusion earlier on.

I do hope Markov comes back. Though I would rather have Lilja then Lebda. Lebda gets pushed around too much while Lilja has more of an edge to him Plus Wings already have alot of offensive defensemen.

I do hope Markov comes back. Though I would rather have Lilja then Lebda. Lebda gets pushed around too much while Lilja has more of an edge to him Plus Wings already have alot of offensive defensemen.

Lebda hardly gets pushed around. He may be under 6 foot, but hes built like a wall. Plus hes not an offensive defenseman, and getting rid of him means becoming a lot slower on the back end. Lebdas speed is an asset to this club a lot more than Liljas two months of actually using his body were.

Lebda hardly gets pushed around. He may be under 6 foot, but hes built like a wall. Plus hes not an offensive defenseman, and getting rid of him means becoming a lot slower on the back end. Lebdas speed is an asset to this club a lot more than Liljas two months of actually using his body were.

QFT.

Unless something happens in a few days; I can honstly say Markov may very well end up coming back to Detroit for 2 more seasons for the same $2.5 per year...There have been some rumors of interest by the Pens, but Danny's asking price may be too high for them as well...I for 1 would welcome Comrade Markov back to Detroit; our Russian quota is getting low :lol:

Im surprised Markov hasnt signed with the Sharks yet. I wouldnt be surprised to see that happen. If the Wings did get Markov back, Id be pretty happy. There a few guys who are more physical than he is out there right now, but none are as reliable as he is. However, I dont really have my heart set on Markov. I would be psyched if we picked up Vitaly Vishnevski as a 5-7 guy, though. Ideally, since theres nothing but crap left on the forward market, Holland would f*** the offense, trade Lilja, and sign Markov and Vishnevski.

Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, Markov, Vishnevski, Lebda, Chelios. Thats just ******* sick.

I have always liked Lilja, not just for those 2 months. And yes when I watch Lebda he is always falling on the ground and getting overpowered. But thats just my observation. I do love Lebda's speed, but I never found that to be lacking for Detroit's defense much to begin with. I prefer Lilja over Lebda, thats just me though, my personal opionen.

Edited by Superman54

Just curious, what else does Lebda bring outside of his speed? I understand speed on the backend is a valued commodity. But honestly, he's average at best offensively and defensively, only plays at even strength and if his speed is compromised just the slightest bit he's almost completely ineffective. He played 8 minutes of PK time all year and not much more on the PP.

His saving grace is that he makes 600k a year, but he's extremely expendable.

As crazy as it sounds, Lilja is more important to this teams success than Lebda is.

Edited by Heaton

Just curious, what else does Lebda bring outside of his speed? I understand speed on the backend is a valued commodity. But honestly, he's average at best offensively and defensively, only plays at even strength and if his speed is compromised just the slightest bit he's almost completely ineffective. He played 8 minutes of PK time all year and not much more on the PP.

His saving grace is that he makes 600k a year, but he's extremely expendable.

As crazy as it sounds, Lilja is more important to this teams success than Lebda is.

Definitely agree...Lilja > Lebda, no question. Ive always felt Lebda was very average and pretty overrated around here.