• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Reggie Dunlop

Eklund at it again. Forsberg to Detroit?

Rate this topic

I'm pretty sure Chelios said that once too. :P

The only way I'd want Floppa on the team is if he were known to be healthy, and a trade deadline pickup. We don't need him to dominate the central division. And the shorter time he's on the team, the better.

We have so sign him before december 1st, if we want him to play at this season. It's a rule. Forget the those trade deadline comments.

Edited by Henkka

You people who hated Bert, did you even have a reason to hate him? Forsberg is in a completely different category. The only time I'd want to see him in a red sweater is if it were soaked in his blood.

Yes Forsberg is in the "Competes hard,gives it his all" catagory while Bertuzzi is in the "Lazy,punch guys in the back of the head" catagory, and it was Steve Moores jersey that was soaked in blood.

Edited by UP2HERE

We have so sign him before december 1st, if we want him to play at this season. It's a rule. Forget the those trade deadline comments.

ah.

because he's not currently under contract anywhere, we'd have to sign him by dec. 1st?

Well, if it were to happen, I'd still rather it be as late as possible.

ah.

because he's not currently under contract anywhere, we'd have to sign him by dec. 1st?

Well, if it were to happen, I'd still rather it be as late as possible.

Yes, same situation like Selanne has. I'm 100% sure, that Teemu is coming back, cause he hasn't published his retirement.

These contracts at december 1st will save 33% from the cap about the players salaries. If Forsberg is signed for example 4.5 million, the cap number will be 3 million.

We dont have room for him. At the deadline, were gonna get players via trade. If we sign forsberg now, we have to sit out Hudler and send down Ellis. I dont care how good Forsberg is, unless its a trade-off, I dont want him. Waive Sammy and pick up Forsberg would be the only thing I'd condiser.

The Wings organization is not going to waive Sammy and eat part of his salary. He could be used in a deal toward the deadline, but in all reality, what could we really get for Sammy? Not much.

I'm all for waiting two months to get Floppa considering the salary reduction as a result, but the Wings *can't* just make deadline acquistions like they're going out of style. This isn't the pre-salary cap days anymore, and the Wings can't afford (not financially) to be giving up tons of draft picks and young talent simply for a rental player or two.

Do the Wings have $5 million to spend: Yes. Would it be wise to spend it all at the deadline: No. From a back end, FA's have become even more important to the salary cap NHL.

On a side note EK said downey is on waivers i thought we signed him to a 2 way contract. Or did i just forget that EK is a asshat

I hope that EK is just being an asshat. I also haven't found anything about Downey being put on wavers when I searched.

New updated news on forsberg. According to to tsn'ers Detroit has already got him. The Detroit scouts say that their talkin about a deal as we speak , so dont be surprized if you see forsberg sign within a week or so ;)

Are you basing this off of what Pierre McGuire said on the predictions show?

Do the Wings have $5 million to spend: Yes. Would it be wise to spend it all at the deadline: No. From a back end, FA's have become even more important to the salary cap NHL.

Caproom doesn't really make much difference to us right now anyway unless we're talking about Selanne or Floppa since trade deadline deals take prospect/pick bundles and we've got far too little of either.

I used to hate Forsberg, but so what? The rivalry is dead. This is a new story.

Former enemies allying together to meet a common goal. It's the stuff great movies are made of!!!

Seriously, for cheap, how could you say Forsberg wouldn't be a good 3rd or 4th line addition?

I used to hate Forsberg, but so what? The rivalry is dead. This is a new story.

Former enemies allying together to meet a common goal. It's the stuff great movies are made of!!!

Seriously, for cheap, how could you say Forsberg wouldn't be a good 3rd or 4th line addition?

3rd or 4th line addition? he's one of the most talented hockey players of the last 15 years. he would be our second line center, no doubt. there's no sense picking him up if our intention is to stick him on a checking line.

I got a exchange student from Sweden living with me in my house and her mom called her the other day and she told me Peter Forsberg was sitting right next to her table at a famous restaurant in Stockholm, Sweden this past week. So umm.... E5 : Eklund says Peter Forsberg had Swedish Meatballs for dinner last Saturday night...

Edited by Salviaman