• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Reggie Dunlop

Eklund at it again. Forsberg to Detroit?

Rate this topic

i hope this happens so bad. just for the reactions here, it would be the biggest 180 a fanbase has ever done on a player. Forsberg would go from being a diving-crying-pansy to one of the greatest players ever to take the ice.

i always liked him , and im sure some others feel the same way , most hate him id say cause of the wings-avs rivalry

someone asked for this on the first page. I did a quick and dirty. Believe it or not, this was an actual photograph, by the time I got done with it, it ended up looking more like an NHL 07 screen shot or something. Anyway, enjoy...

IPB Image

NICE thanks dude lol , fits him nicely haha :P

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

i hope this happens so bad. just for the reactions here, it would be the biggest 180 a fanbase has ever done on a player. Forsberg would go from being a diving-crying-pansy to one of the greatest players ever to take the ice.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Guest jaytan

someone asked for this on the first page. I did a quick and dirty. Believe it or not, this was an actual photograph, by the time I got done with it, it ended up looking more like an NHL 07 screen shot or something. Anyway, enjoy...

IPB Image

Thanks for making me puke, and for the inevitable nightmares.

If that jerk signs to Detroit, I'm boycotting Little Ceasar's. and Wings and Tigers merch until the damage is undone.

i have a Avs Forsberg jersey in my closet as well...

:unsure:

I just don't know how to react to that.

Back in the old days, they'd draw and quarter you for treason...

Edited by jaytan

I hate to say it but some of you need to get over the whole rivalary thing, its over and done with. I hate to say it but when the deadline came I really wanted Forsberg, if he can get his s*** straight and I mean with his foot, comes back 100% healthy, you have to sign him. He is exactly what we need, he can score, hes big and has some GRIT to him.

Agree. And get Foote at the deadline. :)

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF Forsberg gets healthy enough to be ready for at least 1/2 the regular season and the playoff grind I'd say two things.

1. I don't know Colorado's cap space, but I think he'd go there if it was financially possible.

2. He won't come to the Wings. Just don't see it happening.

And I'm curious about the level of hatred felt toward him. I can understand hating to play against him because he is so talented and can play a physical game but I've never seen him as a cheapshot artist or an excessive whiner (I use this term loosely since so many players are always yapping at the refs on the ice).

I will always hate Claude, Roy, Foote and a handfull of others but Forsberg I have always respected. That said I don't see the Wings risking a high dollar salary on an injury risk player and I don't see Forsberg interested in coming to Detroit.

It would be very very interesting if it some how happened though.

The Avs have 6+ million left to spend, but if he went to the Avs he'd have to play wing or 3rd line center, which I doubt he would do. BTW I think this is funny considering Forsberg did say that if he decided to play this year it would be for either Philly, Nashville, Colorado, or Modo. I tend to believe his words vs. Eklunds.

The Avs have 6+ million left to spend, but if he went to the Avs he'd have to play wing or 3rd line center, which I doubt he would do. BTW I think this is funny considering Forsberg did say that if he decided to play this year it would be for either Philly, Nashville, Colorado, or Modo. I tend to believe his words vs. Eklunds.

Well, with how any Swedes we have on the team, I heard the team voted to change the name to the Detroit Modo.

No. He would become a tool, much like my hammer in my toolbox, whose job it would be to score goals. When he did I would not be happy, much in the same way I don't jump for joy when my hammer successfully drives in a nail. When he didn't score he would continue to be the biggest piece of crap I've ever laid eyes on.

Retire or sign somewhere else Floppa. We don't want you here, ever.

i used to THINK i hated Forsberg but the moment he took off the Colorado sweater that feeling vanished. same with Foote, Blake, Roy, and Drury.

i cheer for the winged wheel and the players who wear it across their hearts

bottom line.....if he wants to play here and the money is right, sign him :!:

gotta let the past go

gotta let the past go

That's something NBC and Versus should consider. I can't believe they still think the Wings and Av's are rivals. This rivalry has been dead for years now.

Unfourtantly, the next one in line, sucked dick. I hate being rivals with Nashville. It was such a forced rivalry. No passion at all (or fighting).

I've always had much respect for Peter Forsberg: the man works and plays hard. His health is an issue, barring any serious problems there is no reason he cannot contribute to this team. Hank is already the next Forsberg in Sweden, no reason not to pair the two on the same team for some mentoring.

Thanks for making me puke, and for the inevitable nightmares.

If that jerk signs to Detroit, I'm boycotting Little Ceasar's. and Wings and Tigers merch until the damage is undone.

:unsure:

I just don't know how to react to that.

Back in the old days, they'd draw and quarter you for treason...

You honestly have zero logical basis to your arguments. It's all based on petty girly emotional drama, it's rather fun at first to read your reactions, but after a while of you just calling him a jerk and other names without really explaining anything other than how he beat us in the past and so on, it's rather annoying.

Seriously, if you have any logical argument, please enlighten us, but any person with a good sense and hockey knowledge would take Forsberg here for the right price and a better confidence in his health after surgery. And I mean any. You want a top six forward who will make our team better - well here he is.

Guest lnvincible

In my opinion forsberg's the perfect piece for detroits offense. With alot of sweedish players he plays/ played wit in the past he'd make a big impacted on d-town i think. I really like him but i really think it'll never happen due to the past , everyone remembers it ;) I mean i really do he joins detroit on there quest for the cup this year.

I think Foppa could be a solution, if Zetterberg and Datsyuk doesn't work enough well in separated lines.

Then re-unite them, and get Foppa to center the second line.

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Homer

Franzen - Forsberg - Sammy

(Hudler)

Cleary - Filppula - Draper

Drake - Kopecky - Maltby

That would pull Hudler out from the roster.

Guest lnvincible

New updated news on forsberg. According to to tsn'ers Detroit has already got him. The Detroit scouts say that their talkin about a deal as we speak , so dont be surprized if you see forsberg sign within a week or so ;)

Not that this means much, but hasn't Foresberg been on record saying he'd never play for the Red Wings because of the rivalry of the past.

I'm pretty sure Chelios said that once too. :P

The only way I'd want Floppa on the team is if he were known to be healthy, and a trade deadline pickup. We don't need him to dominate the central division. And the shorter time he's on the team, the better.

Since it's Eklund though, you can almost guarantee it's not going to happen.

There's a greater chance of Forberg coming over to clean my house (e3).

Edited by haroldsnepsts

New updated news on forsberg. According to to tsn'ers Detroit has already got him. The Detroit scouts say that their talkin about a deal as we speak , so dont be surprized if you see forsberg sign within a week or so ;)

Where are you hearing this? The only thing I've heard about Forsberg is he doesn't plan on playing for at least 2 months. If he does come back, his team of choice would be Philadelphia.

I don't want Floppa. I still hate him, and there's just too much hate for me to want him.

We dont have room for him. At the deadline, were gonna get players via trade. If we sign forsberg now, we have to sit out Hudler and send down Ellis. I dont care how good Forsberg is, unless its a trade-off, I dont want him. Waive Sammy and pick up Forsberg would be the only thing I'd condiser.

ya, i heard on tsn, that forsberg and the wings are working on something. But, they didnt really go into detail about it. We'll just have to wait and see....