• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wing Nut 19

Brad Ference

Rate this topic

OK I tend to cool down after walking away from my computer for a few minutes. (Except for teh Duckies winning the CuP)

I normally blow off the typical board ASS HOLES but this one irritated me particularly. In the future of you dont like the thread content than dont read it. If you dont like the post dont respond to it, unless you can do so in a proper manner.

And if all else fails go eat a Dick!

1. We have your back. So even if you feel like the 'moderators' don't, you have some support here.

2. The fact of the matter is, although neither he or I are administrators, you DID start a thread that had already been started.

3. That being said, if he had said what he did in a respectful manner, I would hope you would have taken it to heart, and gone in search of the other threads.

4. My anger was with the WAY he said what he said. He was a complete jerk, and showed a lack of class and respect for a forum that I feel like prides itself on class and respect.

5. Let it go, or say what you have to say in response to him respecfully as well. You are just as guilty as him if you play his game.

Edited by DreamsofHope

Its done.

And in the future I expect respect or I tend to fight fire with fire. I don't feel guilty for defending myself.

And I DID go back about three pages and found nothing on this topic. I'm not gonna spend all day looking for a thread before I post it myself.

If you don't want to read the thread than don't.

Its done.

And in the future I expect respect or I tend to fight fire with fire. I don't feel guilty for defending myself.

And I DID go back about three pages and found nothing on this topic. I'm not gonna spend all day looking for a thread before I post it myself.

If you don't want to read the thread than don't.

I have no problem with your thread. But for future info, when you go to forums, there is a search box. You can type in Brad Ference and see every post that has something to do with him. Generally thats the first thing I do before I post to avoid things such as this... but sometimes I am guilty of not doing that. But that's pretty much expected out of everyone who starts a thread. So even if you don't want to spend all day looking.... look. Read the forum rules. Don't get upset with me man, I haven't said anything out of spite.

Im not upset with you, you've been cool about it.

Certain people on this board belong on the ESPN Boards though. AGAIN Mr. High and Mighty needs to be a little more selective about the threads he chooses to read. He knew what it was about yet he read it anyway, and he calls me dumb?

when we traded for Bertuzzi the board crashed. it came back up with about 15 "wings get bertuzzi" threads all created by different people at the same time..

who'd have guessed after all that excitment the guy would be such a waste of a roster spot

the funniest part about this whole thing is that if it hadn't turned it a fight the mods probably would have come on here, seen the double post and made it part of the old one. Thus bringing the old one to the front for all to see.

It is also funny that between (what i believed to be polite posts) my post and cicada's post we let wing nut 19 know where he could find the info and neither of us had to resort to name calling.

Man we must be super hereos!!

I'm going to navigate around the anger and say that Brad Ference is a former 1st round draft pick (10th overall) and could become our next cleary (by which I mean, be a 1st round dud, and rebound in Detroit).

Do you really think this will happen?

I'm going to navigate around the anger and say that Brad Ference is a former 1st round draft pick (10th overall) and could become our next cleary (by which I mean, be a 1st round dud, and rebound in Detroit).

That would be great, is he the older or younger brother of andrew.

Hopefully being around people who know how to win helps this young guy out like I think it did Cleary!

Hopefully being around people who know how to win helps this young guy out like I think it did Cleary!

I hope you are right. Although Cleary was decent in Phoenix while Ference sucked as a Coyote. I'd be surprised if he was brought up from GR unless the Wings end up in dire need of help at the blue line.

i don't see him being a Cleary.

Cleary was brought in because we were in cap trouble after the lockout, he was cheap and we had a lack of fowards..

we're not in cap trouble anymore, and we don't have a lack of defensemen..

if you count quality prospects as well we've got:

Lidstrom

Rafalski

Kronwall

Lilja

Lebda

Chelios

Quincy

Meech

Ericsson

Kindl...

we're certainly not short on depth. I can only see Ference being in GR, unless he was hired SPECIFICALLY to be the #7 D, which i just don't see because it was reported that Holland was still trying to sing Markov after we signed Ference.

just my take on it

I watched Brad play as a junior... and he was one of the best and most character filled players at that level... Maybe he just needs a chance, and his career didn't take off because too much was expected of him early-on :cool:

Some guys are "crosby" or "kobe" type atheletes that are so great they could jump from high school into professional ranks, ...others need time to develop... and all of a sudden one day: VOILA! You got a Dan Cleary!

Let's hope Brad dominates in the AHL... and provides us with further injury insurance!

Go Wings! :thumbup:

i don't see him being a Cleary.

Cleary was brought in because we were in cap trouble after the lockout, he was cheap and we had a lack of fowards..

we're not in cap trouble anymore, and we don't have a lack of defensemen..

if you count quality prospects as well we've got:

Lidstrom

Rafalski

Kronwall

Lilja

Lebda

Chelios

Quincy

Meech

Ericsson

Kindl...

we're certainly not short on depth. I can only see Ference being in GR, unless he was hired SPECIFICALLY to be the #7 D, which i just don't see because it was reported that Holland was still trying to sing Markov after we signed Ference.

just my take on it

I agree. The only way he plays jas a Wing- as I see it at least- is if

A. we have to fight through a grip of injuries

B. We need added toughness for a specific game or something. He doesn't do much beyond try to hit people and get out of position (unless he has improved from 2002-04)

the funniest part about this whole thing is that if it hadn't turned it a fight the mods probably would have come on here, seen the double post and made it part of the old one. Thus bringing the old one to the front for all to see.

It is also funny that between (what i believed to be polite posts) my post and cicada's post we let wing nut 19 know where he could find the info and neither of us had to resort to name calling.

Man we must be super hereos!!

could I possibly be a super hero as well.... or do you have to be a born a super hero............?

Nope just post politely and without calling each other names and you have officially become a member of the LGW superheroes club. Matt and the crew that keep this place running get super-dooper hero status though!!!

could I possibly be a super hero as well.... or do you have to be a born a super hero............?

Sure you can lot's of super heroes were born without powers ( my avatar, case in point ...)

I cracked a joke during the fight, does that mean I get to be a side-kick? :P