• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

Burke whining again.

Rate this topic

I completely agree with Burke. The NHL has screwed itself yet again. Look at the salaries of Drury, Gomez, Briere, etc. This league is an absolute joke.

Briere or Drury's salaries could have not happened if Buffalo would negotiate during the season instead of waiting till it's over.

As for the league being a joke and screwing themselves again... meh, growing pains of the salary cap era. Those who learn the hard way will pay for it soon enough.

How is that agreeing with Burke? Drury, Gomez and Briere were all UFAs.

Paying $4 mill for Bertuzzi and $5.6 for Scheider, Burke is as guilty as anyone when it comes to UFAs.

It has to do with INFLATED salaries. You haven't noticed a trend in the NHL? Under the cap, one mediocre player gets a big contract, and you have 20 other mediocre players looking for their payday. With a cap, their original teams (or other teams in the league) can't compete because they already have money tied up in other guys, and these rival teams (like edmonton) know this.

Schneider is a top-tier defenseman. Offensive defenseman, but he is still top-tier and any team would be happy to have his services, so that is not a bad signing- not sure why you would say otherwise. Bertuzzi is a world class player (when healthy.) Dustin Penner has proven nothing. You're comparing two guys with proven NHL track records to a newcomer who is being offered an absurd amount to jump ship to another team.

I see where you're coming from, but I dont really think the word "ridiculous" fits though because it COULD very well pay off. To me its not hard to imagine Bertuzzi getting back to 35 goals. We dont really know what he'll bring, thats why i deem it be risky rather than just an all out ridiculous move...as the potential for it to pay off is there. Its not like these other signings where an average player is getting twice his worth.

Oh, for the record, I think the whole "classless" thing by Burke is silly. Lowe didnt do anything wrong. But I dont have a problem with him speaking his mind, as im sure theres some other GMs that probably agree with him.

35 goals? What a brash prediction.

Sorry, but the pre-Steve Moore Bertuzzi has long been dead. He should just hang up his skates now. He's nothing but dead weight garbage anymore.

Except for the one game against Anaheim, he did nothing to impress me during his short time here. And during that game, he happened got injured again. That's basically showing that everytime Bertuzzi actually plays hard, he's going to get injured.

I'd be surprised to see Bertuzzi hit 50 games this year. Heck, I think 30 games would be a shock.

35 goals? What a brash prediction.

Sorry, but the pre-Steve Moore Bertuzzi has long been dead. He should just hang up his skates now. He's nothing but dead weight garbage anymore.

Except for the one game against Anaheim, he did nothing to impress me during his short time here. And during that game, he happened got injured again. That's basically showing that everytime Bertuzzi actually plays hard, he's going to get injured.

I'd be surprised to see Bertuzzi hit 50 games this year. Heck, I think 30 games would be a shock.

I said its not hard for me to imagine...meaning its not necessarily my prediction, just that it is realistically possible imo.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Okay, so what if Kindl turns out to be a star and after a couple seasons he's putting up big numbers for a dman and he's making 500K and someone offers him 4.4 million per season. Are you going to sing the same tune? Burke admitted he understands the idea of utilizing the offer sheet, but face reality, 4.2 mil for a guy who had 45 points last season and was only making 450K? That's ******* absurd and that's what Burke said he thinks is wrong with this. He stated that it wasn't the offer sheet rather the ridiculous overpayment by Lowe.

Burke may be an ass and a whiner, but he proved everybody wrong by building a cup champ in how many years in Anaheim? And IMO, he is right and so is Darcy Regeir when they say the RFA offer sheet will not work and is only bad for the sport. I agree with them both 100%

Thank you. There would be no limit to the s*** people would write if Penner had been a Red Wing, but since this only concerns Burke and the Ducks -it's all good and part of the rules.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

After reading this. I think that Burke might be pissed that a friend, being Lowe, didn't give him a head's up.

In all fairness to Burke, didn't Lowe publicly admit that he contacted Darcy Regier before he offered Vanek a contract?

Why do that for one GM and not the other?

In all fairness to Burke, didn't Lowe publicly admit that he contacted Darcy Regier before he offered Vanek a contract?

Why do that for one GM and not the other?

Perhaps he attempted to contact Burke and Burke was unavailable because he was too busy with his own personal glory to do his job?