• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GoCryWolfe

Wings Tix for $9?

Rate this topic

I would LOVE Patty Bergereon on this team. This kid is the real deal and unfortunately for him he is stuck in Boston. And if you haven't notice or don't pay attention to other sports, every team in Boston is loading up their teams for championship type seasons. Except the B's.

Manny Fernandez is not going to bring Lord Stanley to Boston. They have some great young talent, but by the time they get to their potential it will either be with a different team, or on a Bruins team that has all of their money sunk into one or two players and have nothing around them.

Think about the roster when Bergereon first got there

Thornton, Murray, Samsonov, Rolston, Axelsson, now they have an older and not as good Murray, Bergereon, an oft injured Axelsson, and some youth. He went from being a +5 player to being a -28 in a matter of three seasons. Poor bastard!!!

Yay another goalie!!!! when will this goalie go round actually result in a championship?

I have to be the biggest supporter for J-Ho getting the nod next year but Kipper is on a short list of guys I would not complain about losing J-ho for. Him and Luongo.

BUT FOR CHRIST'S SAKE NO MORE RENTING A GOALIE FOR ONE OR TWO YEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Yzer19

I'd love Heatley wearing the winged wheel...

No thank you. It would a disgrace to the winged wheel if Heatley were to wear it. He should be in jail.

I agree Killer should be serving a sentence similar to Marky Mark Bell.

Not at all, its not like he went out and killed him. They were two pretty young guys who went out and drove a car to fast. s*** happens, not good s*** but it still happens. He didn't leave that day in the car saying he was planning on killing someone.

If the legal system put celebs behind bars like they wold you or I, half of the NFL, NBa would be in prison and there would also be no one left to make the movies we love so much.

I hate the double standard of letting these "celebs" off easy because people know them. That is what created this situation where Micheal Vick, Tank Johnson, and others think they can get away with anything.

Not that Heatley's was intentional like the examples I gave, but it help sets up the mindset.

Not at all, its not like he went out and killed him. They were two pretty young guys who went out and drove a car to fast. s*** happens, not good s*** but it still happens. He didn't leave that day in the car saying he was planning on killing someone.

Oh sorry, I was not aware marky mark was planning to hit and injuer that person he did? my bad I apologize.

The legal system in this country looks at vehicular crimes very differently then others. For instance, my cousin (18) was killed by a drunk driver while crossing the street. The driver had a license for 13 years and of that it was valid for 11 months due to drunk driving offenses. He served 4 years for killing my cousin and then was out. Only to get in another drunk driving accident and this time he only injured some one.

However if you beat some one to death with your own hands 8-15 years. Is a car not a weapon. There is also a little known tidbit that if you kill someone while driving drunk it is considered Manslaughter or Assault (depending on state) because the law states that some one who is drunk could not have pre-meditated the action. Therefore it can't be murder without intent.

I would LOVE Patty Bergereon on this team. This kid is the real deal and unfortunately for him he is stuck in Boston. And if you haven't notice or don't pay attention to other sports, every team in Boston is loading up their teams for championship type seasons. Except the B's.

Manny Fernandez is not going to bring Lord Stanley to Boston. They have some great young talent, but by the time they get to their potential it will either be with a different team, or on a Bruins team that has all of their money sunk into one or two players and have nothing around them.

Think about the roster when Bergereon first got there

Thornton, Murray, Samsonov, Rolston, Axelsson, now they have an older and not as good Murray, Bergereon, an oft injured Axelsson, and some youth. He went from being a +5 player to being a -28 in a matter of three seasons. Poor bastard!!!

I have to be the biggest supporter for J-Ho getting the nod next year but Kipper is on a short list of guys I would not complain about losing J-ho for. Him and Luongo.

BUT FOR CHRIST'S SAKE NO MORE RENTING A GOALIE FOR ONE OR TWO YEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm a big Bergeron fan myself. For whatever reason I really enjoyed watching them last year. And Bergeron was a treat to watch. This kids got a lot of talent and a bright future.

I know every club says this but it'd be great if the Wings could snag a 'sleeper' like him some draft.

Marky Mark? I'm lost

Marky Mark bell... You said Killer (heatly) didn't get in the car saying I am going to kill someone today... I took that as inferring that Marky Mark Bell said, " I am going to hit and run some poor sap on the side of the road just for s***s and giggles" as to why Marky got such a huge sentence and Killer was allowed to play hockey again.

Edited by OsGOD

Oh sorry, I was not aware marky mark was planning to hit and injuer that person he did? my bad I apologize.

The difference is that Heatley had no alcohol in his system. He was just a dumb kid that wanted to see how fast his new sports car would go.

I've done it and most of my friends have done it too. Everyone in their town knows of a back road, with little traffic, that they can go nuts on. I remember sitting in my brothers '98 Mustang doing 160 KM in an 80KM zone.

Thinking back, it was a stupid move. All you need is one stray cat or muskrat running in front of you and you're looking at danger.

But to lump Heatley in the same boat as Mark Bell isn't right. Bell was hammered and still decided to drive and speed and hit someone else

Heatley was completely sober and his passenger also knew what he was getting into.

It was a tragedy and a stupid move, but I think the two cases are different.

EDIT: I think it also helped Heatley's case greatly that Dan Snyder's parents and brother begged the judge for no jail time.

Edited by Hank

The difference is that Heatley had no alcohol in his system. He was just a dumb kid that wanted to see how fast his new sports car would go.

I've done it and most of my friends have done it too. Everyone in their town knows of a back road, with little traffic, that they can go nuts on. I remember sitting in my brothers '98 Mustang doing 160 KM in an 80KM zone.

Thinking back, it was a stupid move. All you need is one stray cat or muskrat running in front of you and you're looking at danger.

But to lump Heatley in the same boat as Mark Bell isn't right. Bell was hammered and still decided to drive and speed and hit someone else

Heatley was completely sober and his passenger also knew what he was getting into.

It was a tragedy and a stupid move, but I think the two cases are different.

thats what i was trying to say.

Both were breaking the law of mortals when their crimes against humanity were caused, no?

Speeding reckless driving = death

DUI = injury

I see them both crimes commited while in cars, only ONE resulting in the death of another human (careless or not, he was breaking the law at the time)

But the same can be said about Lohan whos crimes are much worse and more often then Marky Mark Bell and she only got 82mins in the pound me in the ass penetenary.

Edited by OsGOD

Both were breaking the law of mortals when their crimes against humanity were caused, no?

Speeding reckless driving = death

DUI = injury

I see them both crimes commited while in cars, only ONE resulting in the death of another human (careless or not, he was breaking the law at the time)

But the same can be said about Lohan whos crimes are much worse and more often then Marky Mark Bell and she only got 82mins in the pound me in the ass penetenary.

You're right. They were both crimes.

But morally, I view them differntly. In Bells case, his victim had no chance or choice of the matter and Bell was drunk and speeding which I consider far worse than hotroding.

With Heatley, Snyder knew what they were going to do. For all we know, he asked Heatley to gun it.

All I know is, if my son was killed by a drunk driver, I'd be far more angry and upset than if he was killed while in the car of a buddy who was compelely sober and wanted to see how fast his car could go.

But in the end, I find it funny that some Wings fans are against a player coming here who made an honest mistake as opposed to rooting for a player like Probert who is a convicted drug addict, wife beater and cop beater, or Cicarrelli who exposed himself to chidren and nearly killed Luke Richardson in a vicious stick swinging incident.

For the record I am not against him coming here for anyother reason other than it would mean the loss of Zetterberg because the team couldn't afford both.

I was making comments about the state of our legal system.

You're right. They were both crimes.

But morally, I view them differntly. In Bells case, his victim had no chance or choice of the matter and Bell was drunk and speeding which I consider far worse than hotroding.

With Heatley, Snyder knew what they were going to do. For all we know, he asked Heatley to gun it.

All I know is, if my son was killed by a drunk driver, I'd be far more angry and upset than if he was killed while in the car of a buddy who was compelely sober and wanted to see how fast his car could go.

But in the end, I find it funny that some Wings fans are against a player coming here who made an honest mistake as opposed to rooting for a player like Probert who is a convicted drug addict, wife beater and cop beater, or Cicarrelli who exposed himself to chidren and nearly killed Luke Richardson in a vicious stick swinging incident.

You are most likely on the right track with your assumptions about how you would feel although I must have missed the part of Marky Marks conviciton that had him actually Killing the person he struck. If I missed it am sorry, it was an overlook on my part for sure. As it stands Bell did not kill anyone while breaking the law, could he have, most certainly, do I condone his actions? not in the least! Since he did not kill anyone his time and punishment should rival any other common every day celebrity criminals punishment, which is a slap on the ass and a get back out there and do your thing kido!

I actually don't want killer here just becuase I don't like him.. nothing to do with anything of his past, i just don't like him,

Now the nick name killer came from me before his actions did in fact lead to the death of another... I always thought he looked like a killer in his player photos on the sites :)

Now I am all for Forsberg coming here... that would rock!

Edited by OsGOD

^^^^

Your post sometimes make me LMAO. I cant think that any parent on here would like it one way or the other if there child was killed by someone driving a car drunk or sober. I dont think clebs should be given get out of jail free cards. I would not mind Heatly coming here but i dont think you will see that. I would not mind Kipper coming here i think you could see that. But back to the topic at hand, $9 ticket that suck not worth it when you think about it you will pay more like $100 anyways great job by money bags to try to trick us. Its a damn shame that it has come to this. I recall a time when there was no issue going to wings games for ppl but things need to change as the city does. MR.I should see this and make that change before the Joe starts to look like some other rinks that dont sell. Will be cool to watch and see how this all unfolds. Sorry for the long post i know half you wont read this anyways.

Edited by Curban915

^^^^

Your post sometimes make me LMAO. I cant think that any parent on here would like it one way or the other if there child was killed by someone driving a car drunk or sober. I dont think clebs should be given get out of jail free cards. I would not mind Heatly coming here but i dont think you will see that. I would not mind Kipper coming here i think you could see that. But back to the topic at hand, $9 ticket that suck not worth it when you think about it you will pay more like $100 anyways great job by money bags to try to trick us. Its a damn shame that it has come to this. I recall a time when there was no issue going to wings games for ppl but things need to change as the city does. MR.I should see this and make that change before the Joe starts to look like some other rinks that dont sell. Will be cool to watch and see how this all unfolds. Sorry for the long post i know half you wont read this anyways.

They make you laugh as well? sweet!

I love how the $9 ticket charge you an additional "convience fee" of more than half the ticket price itself... that is Priceless.

I miss the BOGO for the Entertainment book for the wings... ah that was fun :)

It is somewhat funny though. Lot of people bashed Tampa Bay for having really cheap tickets, around 10$ or so. Saying it's because of a poor fanbase and such.

Well they sell out every game and it's no secret the Wings didn't exactly have many sell outs last season. Guess they realized someone paying 9$ along with food and possibly parking is better than a empty seat.

It is somewhat funny though. Lot of people bashed Tampa Bay for having really cheap tickets, around 10$ or so. Saying it's because of a poor fanbase and such.

Well they sell out every game and it's no secret the Wings didn't exactly have many sell outs last season. Guess they realized someone paying 9$ along with food and possibly parking is better than a empty seat.

Well the Joe did technically sell out every game in the regular season but they probably averaged around 15,000 butts in the seats.

Illitch knows that a lot of the time, people will spend more on concessions, parking and food than on their tickets.

I'm still not sure why Illitch didn't do the obvious and cut ticket prices by 10-15%.

The Wings are definately having issues getting season's ticket holders.

I contacted the Wings and I pretty much have my pick of what kind of package I'd like.

They are selling a 12 game package for about $1200 (for two seats). I'm very tempted to buy this. I don't have the cash but I'd like to purchase them, go to about 3 or 4 games and sell the rest. I just don't have $1200 US laying around.

I don't get this price. Couldn't you just buy 2 $22 ticketc for 12 games for $528?

I am guessing they are doing two things with the $1200

1) Making you pay $12 MORE for 12 games at the $44

B) Allowing you to pay $8 less for 12 games at the $54

Heck what rows are the $22 rate anymore Like R20-R23? Because $54 is R1-R12, and $44 is like R13-19 and $9 is R23-26or27 depending on your section.

Edited by OsGOD

Wow. If actual seat tickets, and not bathrooms seats or parking lot benches, are that cheap then I might actually be able to go to more then 1 game this season. I like. :P

It's nice to see Illitch finally seeing the writing on the wall. Tickets are too-expensive. Detroit may be "Hockeytown", but it's not made of money. In Michigans failing economy, the old prices just couldn't keep up.