• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

NHL Center Ice....Who's In?

Rate this topic

I just renewed my subscription for my 3rd season of NHL Center Ice. Well, actually I got Time Warner to put me on auto renew, seeing as that the package isn't available yet in my area. Does anyone else have Center Ice already locked in for this year, and if so, what did the price end up being for the season? I remember a couple years ago the early bird special was $129.99, and this past year it was bumped up to $149.99.

Its out of shear curiosity, but who all gets CI here?

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I'm a poor college student with two hockey ignorant roomates so it would be hard to get Center Ice. Anyone know what Center Ice Online costs? Is it cheaper as the season goes on? I would love to get all the last quarter of games to watch the playoff races.

Last year before i graduated my room mates and I were all going to pitch in and get it but we just couldn't bring ourselves to part with the beer money. Now that i am out of school i went with Wings season tickets :D so i wont be getting center ice

I bought it once in 03 and have had it ever since year round for that one initial price... Cable error in my favor i'd say :) I even get MLB xtra Innings as well (free) which is okay but I don't watch baseball so it is just "out there" on my digital channels. Because of this "glitch" i have been determined to keep my digital cable status quo, because any tinkering and it may negate the Centre Ice and that would be bad.

It comes automatically for me, just got the memo from Bell...the price went up this year to $189 (I'm in Ontario). I can't help but think that the price is high and those signing up for the first time may be paying less. I'm too lazy to bother investigating that though.

It comes automatically for me, just got the memo from Bell...the price went up this year to $189 (I'm in Ontario). I can't help but think that the price is high and those signing up for the first time may be paying less. I'm too lazy to bother investigating that though.

Am I correct to assume that $189 Canadian? If so, that would come to $126 American, which would be a price reduction from the past two seasons. Not bad.

Am I correct to assume that $189 Canadian? If so, that would come to $126 American, which would be a price reduction from the past two seasons. Not bad.

Been out of touch with reality lately? American dollar has been sliding and is pretty much the same price as the Canadian dollar as of right now.

Been out of touch with reality lately? American dollar has been sliding and is pretty much the same price as the Canadian dollar as of right now.

Yeah, because the value of the Canadian dollar is the main point of conversation in Green Bay, right in between the Packers and the recent 8.4 earthquake across seas.

Lighten up Francis, the value of the Canadian dollar isn't something I readily talk or hear about. I just did a quick 1.5/1 like it used to be 5 or so years ago. God forbid, I didn't ask anyone if that wasn't accurate anymore.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Yeah, because the value of the Canadian dollar is the main point of conversation in Green Bay, right in between the Packers and the recent 8.4 earthquake across seas.

Lighten up Francis, the value of the Canadian dollar isn't something I readily talk or hear about. I just did a quick 1.5/1 like it used to be 5 or so years ago. God forbid, I didn't ask anyone if that wasn't accurate anymore.

I'm sorry i should have just said this: "No you're not correct to assume that. If that's going to be the price then its a hefty raise once again due to the American dollar being so weak."

I really just wanted to make a point that it sucks because most Americans keep losing money and they don't even realize it.

I'm sorry i should have just said this: "No you're not correct to assume that. If that's going to be the price then its a hefty raise once again due to the American dollar being so weak."

I really just wanted to make a point that it sucks because most Americans keep losing money and they don't even realize it.

That would've worked.

First the Bad News:

I moved out of Home, and no longer have DirecTV

The Good News:

I'M INDEPENDENT!!! and Cox Digital cable has NHL Center Ice for $129 US in Rogers, Arkansas!!! Cable guy comes by tomorrow to hook it up!

First the Bad News:

I moved out of Home, and no longer have DirecTV

The Good News:

I'M INDEPENDENT!!! and Cox Digital cable has NHL Center Ice for $129 US in Rogers, Arkansas!!! Cable guy comes by tomorrow to hook it up!

Hmm, if its $129.00 in Arkansas, its probably close to that all across the country. I'll get CI regardless, but that would great if it dropped down to the price it was two seasons ago.

What's nice with DISH vs Time Warner Cable is that I can choose the feed - so for me I can watch Mickey, & Ken for each game vs which ever feed the cable co wants to provide.

Ack, that is nice. There are so many times I wish I wasn't stuck with the opposing teams feed. Anyway, I'd still rather have digital cable (Time Warner) than DISH any day of the week. But thats a whole other discussion.

Nice perk, though.

Living in the Milwaukee area we had Time Warner; wife, & I moved 30 miles north to Jackson where we had crappy Charter Cable, & they wouldn't offer Center Ice...Needless to say I need my Red Wings hockey so DISH Network it is.

Aah, totally understandable. If it was between having CI and Dish or Charter digital cable, I would've made the same decision. Charter blows, and I will never go another season again without Center Ice. I watch every single Wings game as well as the majority of the other NHL games on a nightly basis. I wouldn't be able to live without it.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I just renewed my subscription for my 3rd season of NHL Center Ice. Well, actually I got Time Warner to put me on auto renew, seeing as that the package isn't available yet in my area. Does anyone else have Center Ice already locked in for this year, and if so, what did the price end up being for the season? I remember a couple years ago the early bird special was $129.99, and this past year it was bumped up to $149.99.

Its out of shear curiosity, but who all gets CI here?

I can't remember what year this is for me but i've had Center Ice since they've offered it on Direc TV so probably at least 3-4 years or whatever. Anybody know when they started this. I'd like to know how much this has cost me. Although I ***** and moan when I get my October bill I usually just grin and bare it until the puck drops and then I don't give a s*** how much it cost me.