• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

NHL confirms outdoor game

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

That's gonna be so sweet. I remember watching UofM/MSU play outdoors, and it was awesome. So having an outdoor NHL game will be amazing. Two good teams, big venue. Hopefully it's at night. I hope this will jumpstart a trend. I cant wait for the regular season to finally begin. I love this time of the year.

That's gonna be so sweet. I remember watching UofM/MSU play outdoors, and it was awesome. So having an outdoor NHL game will be amazing. Two good teams, big venue. Hopefully it's at night. I hope this will jumpstart a trend. I cant wait for the regular season to finally begin. I love this time of the year.

No, it's a 1pm start as of right now.

Guest jaytan

Good thing nobody in Buffalo or Pittsburgh likes football, or they'd be in a little trouble competing against all those bowl games!

What's that, you say?

Uh oh....

Good thing nobody in Buffalo or Pittsburgh likes football, or they'd be in a little trouble competing against all those bowl games!

What's that, you say?

Uh oh....

At least they're not really college football towns.

I'd love to go to this, I was at the Cold War a few years ago and it was a blast.

I know games like this are limited to places with certain climates ... But ...

... okay, the Pens are becoming a great team, and with that talent, a huge draw. But Buffalo. They had a wicked team ... last year. They have fallen apart. I guess the other year with the Oil and Habs they weren't dominating teams either, I just think they coulda found a better opponent for the Pens the Buffalo.

I know games like this are limited to places with certain climates ... But ...

... okay, the Pens are becoming a great team, and with that talent, a huge draw. But Buffalo. They had a wicked team ... last year. They have fallen apart. I guess the other year with the Oil and Habs they weren't dominating teams either, I just think they coulda found a better opponent for the Pens the Buffalo.

The Leafs were supposedly the desired opponent at BMO Field, but they refused to play an American team, they wanted to play Montreal or Ottawa on a Saturday night on HNIC.

The Leafs were supposedly the desired opponent at BMO Field, but they refused to play an American team, they wanted to play Montreal or Ottawa on a Saturday night on HNIC.

Thats the stupdest thing I have ever heard. Though, even though neither team made the playoffs, I watched afew of the Toronto vs. Montreal games last year, and it was some of the best regular season hockey I have seen in some time. But thats retarded that and organization which be so biast against an American team. Especially one like the Pens with so many young players that everyone loves to watch.

So, Toronto wont play the Pens, but the Canadian Networks have no problem showing 9 minutes of Crosby highlights on a 10 minute show. Hmmm ... :huh:

Thats the stupdest thing I have ever heard. Though, even though neither team made the playoffs, I watched afew of the Toronto vs. Montreal games last year, and it was some of the best regular season hockey I have seen in some time. But thats retarded that and organization which be so biast against an American team. Especially one like the Pens with so many young players that everyone loves to watch.

So, Toronto wont play the Pens, but the Canadian Networks have no problem showing 9 minutes of Crosby highlights on a 10 minute show. Hmmm ... :huh:

It was basically the Leafs way of refusing to be part of the American TV ploy. They wanted to cater to CBC and HNIC with a Saturday night game with another Canadian team.

Besides, Toronto needs to have a night game. You're not guaranteed to have below-freezing temperatures during the day, but it's a safe bet once the sun goes down.

They probably didn't even have a problem with the opponent being the Pens, I just think that MLSE wanted to do it on their terms. My hunch is that the Leafs and CBC would want to do the outdoor game as part of Hockey Day in Canada at some point.

They probably didn't even have a problem with the opponent being the Pens, I just think that MLSE wanted to do it on their terms. My hunch is that the Leafs and CBC would want to do the outdoor game as part of Hockey Day in Canada at some point.

Yeah. I figure you are right on that one. At some point, I'd like the league to actually jump on that bandwagon and have a hockey day. Possibly original 6. Though, if that happened I have a feeling Detroit would end up against Chicago, when I'd much rather see them play Toronto or New York.

Yeah. I figure you are right on that one. At some point, I'd like the league to actually jump on that bandwagon and have a hockey day. Possibly original 6. Though, if that happened I have a feeling Detroit would end up against Chicago, when I'd much rather see them play Toronto or New York.

An Original Six Day would almost undoubtedly be Detroit vs. Chicago; Toronto vs. Montreal; Boston vs. Rangers.

(And before anybody says it, the Leafs can't have an outdoor game at Rogers Centre because the roof is sealed during the winter months)

An Original Six Day would almost undoubtedly be Detroit vs. Chicago; Toronto vs. Montreal; Boston vs. Rangers.

Yeah, thats pretty much what I figured the lines ups would be. And even if Chicago somehow manages to pull a rabbit out of its hat and become a good team, I just dont see Chicago vs. Detroit being a big draw for the league. So perhaps an original six day, while cool, is not the best idea. Hmm ... well, I'd just like to see Detroit involved in something big and celebrated somehow. Hmm, until I think of anything better I'll settle for the 08' Stanley Cup Finals.

riddle me this,...if we're having an outdoor game to pay tribute to the history of our great sport

why is it Pittsburg and Buffalo?

I know alot of people complain that original six teams get to much. But why an outdoor game between these two teams?

I loved the heritage classic, i thought it was amazing. Here i was getting to see people play i'd have never gotten a chance to see play other wise.

Could you imagine a Red wings Vs. Leafs/Blackhawks classic?

I'd fly up there just to see steve yzerman play just one more time.

Buffalo last year had the best attendance in the league (as far as real butts in seats) and always had a huge gathering outside their arena of people that wanted to go to the game but was sold out.

I think that if they want to get 73,000 butts in seats then Buffalo is a pretty good choice. It is also only 216 miles between the two cities, so I am sure they are expecting some commuters.

I think it's cool - literally and figuratively. LOL. I don't care what teams are involved. Sure I'd love to see the Wings involved in one of these. Any Canadian combo would be good too IMO. Leafs vs Sens or Habs vs Leafs would be my top two choices not involving the Wings. Great pub for the game regardless of teams involved. Aww man how cool would it be to have an NYE outdoor game!? That'd be awesome.

(And before anybody says it, the Leafs can't have an outdoor game at Rogers Centre because the roof is sealed during the winter months)

I wish the NHL would put together the Original Six teams in a division: Detroit, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto, Boston and NYR. That would be kick ass!!! At least we wouln't have to play Columbus 8 times! :thumbup:

Guest Yzer19

Buffalo is a good place to do it considering they actually still have a winter. I'm not sure it would be cold enough in Detroit to do this. Our winter in Detroit was mild last year. It really didn't start getting cold until the end of January.