• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Darcy Tucker out indefinitely

Rate this topic

Darcy Tucker suffered further damage to an already injured knee on Saturday night and will be out indefinitely. How long he will be out will depend on whether or not he will need surgery.

Leafs have recalled defenceman Anton Stralman to take Tucker's roster spot.

Darcy Tucker suffered further damage to an already injured knee on Saturday night and will be out indefinitely. How long he will be out will depend on whether or not he will need surgery.

Leafs have recalled defenceman Anton Stralman to take Tucker's roster spot.

Ouch, that will hurt the leafs

the Leafs are in serious trouble. Love him, or hate him, Tucker is a vital part of that PP.

Not really. Jason Blake has taken Tucker's spot on the top PP unit.

Ouch, that will hurt the leafs

Well, Tucker really hasn't done anything at all this season because he's been hurt since training camp.

Ahhh, poor Darcy. This couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I hope that ******* stays hurt for a while.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I've told my Leaf fan buddies before that T.O. will never, ever win the Cup with McCabe and Tucker on their team. Both take an awful lot of stupid penalties and both love to run their mouths with the refs.

Tucker is a P.O.S. in every sense of the word and the Leafs would be far better off to deal him ASAP.

What the Leafs need to do is clean house from top to bottom. From RIchard Peddie to JFJ to Maurice to half their roster, they need to start fresh.

This team will not make the playoffs for a 3rd season in a row with Peddie and JFJ being chiefly responsible. Both are horrible, horrible hockey men and should be serving me my french fries instead of running a storied NHL franchise like the Leafs.

I hate Tucker a lot. He's always running his mouth, and last year in a game against Ottawa he wanted to actually fight someone, so he chose to fight Patrick Eaves, who is smaller then he is and never fights people. He wasn't man enough to stand up to someone like Neil or McGratten.

Tucker is a good hockey player, but his mouth and stupidity, coupled also with his recent string of injuries, will shadow that aspect out.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I've told my Leaf fan buddies before that T.O. will never, ever win the Cup with McCabe and Tucker on their team. Both take an awful lot of stupid penalties and both love to run their mouths with the refs.

Tucker is a P.O.S. in every sense of the word and the Leafs would be far better off to deal him ASAP.

What the Leafs need to do is clean house from top to bottom. From RIchard Peddie to JFJ to Maurice to half their roster, they need to start fresh.

This team will not make the playoffs for a 3rd season in a row with Peddie and JFJ being chiefly responsible. Both are horrible, horrible hockey men and should be serving me my french fries instead of running a storied NHL franchise like the Leafs.

While I'm sure if Tucker played here we would all love him and that he is not a P.O.S., the point you make about him and McCabe running their mouths off at Refs is a good one. The Leafs wont get any marginal calls from a Ref who is sick and tired of hearing them. Pat Quinn was the worst though and I'm sure Tucker and McCabe learned from him.

Not really. Jason Blake has taken Tucker's spot on the top PP unit.

Well, Tucker really hasn't done anything at all this season because he's been hurt since training camp.

That's true, hey what injury does he have still from training camp?

Guest Canadian Wings

I remember on rotoworld when they said that Stralman has been compared to Lidstrom...i almost fell off my chair.

EDIT: here's the exact quote, it's from something published in the toronto sun tho...

If you are looking for a deep sleeper in your keeper hockey pool consider Maple Leaf prospect Anton Stralman.

Stralman, who is being compared to Detroit's Nicklas Lidstrom by Swedish GMs, is playing for Sweden Saturday in WHC seminal action against Canada and is close to signing a deal with Toronto for next season. He has made it clear that he will not play in the minors and will return to Sweden if he does not make the Leafs out of training camp. Keep an eye on him Saturday.

Source: Toronto Sun

Where have we heard that b4? lmao!

Edited by Canadian Wings

I remember on rotoworld when they said that Stralman has been compared to Lidstrom...i almost fell off my chair.

EDIT: here's the exact quote, it's from something published in the toronto sun tho...

He played his 1st NHL game tonight and didn't look out of place at all. He showed some nerves at first, and for that, they held him off special teams (not that he was really expected to have those minutes to start out).

But you talk about a guy who has poise with the puck and has an unreal panic threshold. He had guys like Kovalchuk buzzing all around him and he looked like a veteran with how he would spin away from then make a beautiful, crisp pass.

He didn't do any jumping up in the play like he did in the pre-season and kept his shifts really short and played a really safe game, probably to stay on the coaches good side (assuming he stays the coach for much longer).

This kid is going to be a keeper. He's just made for the way the game is played today.

A ridiculous comparison to Lidstrom? I remember hearing that tossed around when Kronwall came up.... :ph34r:

A ridiculous comparison to Lidstrom? I remember hearing that tossed around when Kronwall came up.... :ph34r:

People should simply stop with the comparisons altogether. Lidstrom wasn't the next Bobby Orr, or Ray Borque, or anything like that. He's Nick Lidstrom. This kid will the himself.

I would like to see a year when the Original Six dominate. How cool would it be to see Chicago, Detroit, Boston, NYRangers, Toronto, and Montreal make playoffs? Especially if they played each other.

People should simply stop with the comparisons altogether. Lidstrom wasn't the next Bobby Orr, or Ray Borque, or anything like that. He's Nick Lidstrom. This kid will the himself.

I would like to see a year when the Original Six dominate. How cool would it be to see Chicago, Detroit, Boston, NYRangers, Toronto, and Montreal make playoffs? Especially if they played each other.

Well, to be honest, it's the easiest way to identify a particular player style or potential.

It's easier to say "he's the next Alex Mogilny" than to say he's a player with 1st line potential with blazing speed off the wings and a hard, accurate wrist shot. People want to be able to draw comparisons to players that they are already aware of.