• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeremy88

Hockey songs

Rate this topic

There are actually a few teams that still play the Gary Glitter "Hey" song. I believe Dallas, Nashville, Los Angeles, Colorado, and the NY Islanders still play the original version as their goal song. San Jose and Columbus play the organ version as their goal song, while Montreal plays it after they win.

I always liked the song myself. I know the guy who does it has his problems, but there's no denying that it is a great hockey song, and sports song in general. Last year it really fell away in popularity, but I noticed this year a lot of teams have started playing it again. Colorado and San Jose both stopped playing it last year, but brought it back this year. I also noticed it being played more at some NFL football games now too. Whether that's a fan vote or not, it is making somewhat of a comeback.

One of my personal favorites is Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation. I wish the Wings would play that as their goal song, because for some reason, it just fits perfectly as a goal song.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Um, yeah, that'd be me. It takes a certain kind of insanity. I wrote quite a few, but lost all but this one, which I posted here last summer. Hope you like it.

The midi in the link isn't the best, but it works. It's to the tune of American Pie by Don McClean.

My God, that's SICK...I thought mine were good. I really like the McCleelen's stick fly line. You really shoul get that copy righted!!! Now I don't want to post mine on here. :( Mine are mainly to country songs so you guys propably wouldn't know them any way.

Edited by wingnut40

Hey im looking for some old red wings playoff theme songs. Theres one that i cant find anywehre, i dunno if anybody remembers it but it was a parody off of 2 pina coladas. It was 2 cups of stanley. i remember like all the lyrics, but cant find the song anywhere. If anyone could help get back w/me.

Hey-

I've got a song that I believe was done by a Canadian band named Noise Therapy that lists members of the Wings and old Soviet team. Does anyone know anything about this song? My iTunes lists it as "Red Army-Red wings mix", but I can't find any information about it.

Even though it was a Red Wings song, "We want Stanley" is a great song for all 30 teams IMO

Has anyone forgot about Shanny's Irish jig? lol

Hey-

I've got a song that I believe was done by a Canadian band named Noise Therapy that lists members of the Wings and old Soviet team. Does anyone know anything about this song? My iTunes lists it as "Red Army-Red wings mix", but I can't find any information about it.

Welcome to the boards.....and why does an Avs fan care about Red Wings songs? :P

all good choices above,

as much as I hate, I mean that in the best sense HATE, the Ducks. I am a Pennywise fan, and love how they use

the Bro Hym for their goal song, someone else was saying the Flyers do as well but not sure.

also like the Habs goal song forget what it is.

and don't forget the Hurricanes, Rock you like a Hurricane being played during the playoffs. 80s rock haha

also wouldn't mind hearing Kalinka during a few games.

Edited by WingNutt

Welcome to the boards.....and why does an Avs fan care about Red Wings songs? :P

Thanks...and don't worry, I won't be here long! Just feels wrong! :unsure:

I was curious about the song because it's in my iTunes, but I don't know how it got there. Corny song, but good players in it, even if they wore the wrong jersey once in the NHL!

Here it is by the way. I found it shortly after posting here.

http://uros.domenca.com/hockeysongs/

Noise Therapy- Red Army

I wish the old Avs-Wings rivalry was what it once was. Oh well...good memories.

Yeah I know all about the gary glitter molestation deal.

Idk, it's just music. It's the same principle with Michael Jackson. Regardless of whatever he did with those kids, his music is still great. I think an artists music and personal life should never be linked together too strongly.

I agree, but only 50%, if that makes sense. True it's just music, and music and personal life shouldn't always be linked. However, when a song is used/played in a public place, the band/singer get's royalty money.

The more Rock and Roll Part 2 is played, the more money Gary Glitter makes. The more money he makes, the more he can support his sick lifestyle. It's a shame, because Rock and Roll Part 2 is an excellent hockey song.

I made this song up for the Playoffs last year, but I don't know what to put for the 1st verse. It's made from the Billy Currington song "Good Directions" I have one made for Toby Keith's song "Should've Been A Cowboy" and Tim McGraw's song "Last Dollar" It says Wings right in the song so I thought it was pretty perfect. Anyway this is what I got. The link has words in it so yeah...

http://us.video.aol.com/player/launcher?ar...rington/1655107

1st verse-IDK

Chorus-Mike told 'em way up yonder past the thick blue line

There's a little Kiprusoff and it's just our time

You gotta pass it up to Pav, and then he'll get set

Then a left will pass it of to Zetterberg and a right, will put the puck into the net

2nd verse-I was sittin' there, thinkin' 'bout his pretty face

Yellin' at them for not winnin' the game

I threw my hat and thought you fools you guys could have won

I knew that ol' Cleary could've mowed him down

It doesn't really matter anyhow, so I watched him breakaway and then score a goal.

Chorus-Mike told 'em way up yonder passed the think blue line

There's a little Nabokov and it's just our time

You gotta hand it up to Hank and then he'll get set

Then a left will hand it off to Filppula and a right, will put the puck into the net

3rd-Is this con-cus-sion playin' tricks on me

Or am I really seein' what I think I see

The frozen rubber puck comin' back to me

Last-I took it way up yonder past the thick blue line

He wouldn't stop it, no not this time

but I didn't pass to Pav, no not just yet

No I gave it to Robert Lang who put the puck into the net <- this line can be changed

Thank God for good directions and pulled goalies.

I know it's bad don't laugh at me :unsure:

I put a slide show together, collection of Wing pictures (mine and others) 2006/07 and used music from "Starship" from a live concert recorded June 3, 1997. This was pretty cool, you can hear the crowd yelling "Lets go Red Wings".....I have on my computer, and I just get in a MOOD to just listen and go back to the playoffs. Hope to make another this year.....but, well you know! (Hope to have the cup in this one)